Options

Bryce Jordan Center, Penn. May 3, 2003

spryguy09spryguy09 Posts: 446
edited August 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Roaming on TSIS and found this show from '03. Don't remember seeing this before. Looks like a wicked set. Another boot I have to track down.

WAS ANYONE HERE AT THIS SHOW? HOW AS IT???

set: Release, Save You, Animal, Corduroy, Cropduster, Elderly Woman, Even Flow, Grievance, I Am Mine, Improv, Rearviewmirror, Nothingman, Daughter/(Highway To Hell)/(ABitW), Lukin, Whipping, MFC, Jeremy, Improv, Blood
enc 1: You've Got to Hide Your Love Away, Gimme Some Truth, Breath, Do The Evolution, Black, Alive
enc 2: Last Exit, Mankind, Down, Better Man/(Save It For Later), Satan's Bed, Leaving Here
enc 3: Crazy Mary, Porch, Fortunate Son, Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter
Toronto Sept 96. Barrie Aug 98. Toronto Oct 00. Toronto June 03. Hamilton Sept 05. Toronto May 06. Toronto Aug 09. Toronto Sept 11. London July 13. Toronto May 16 (I & II).
Eddie solo. Aug 08 (Massey Hall II)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    cfield05cfield05 Posts: 93
    I was at this show... my first one. Went up to State College for the show with a buddy of mine. We were incoming freshmen at Penn State. I'm pretty sure I wont ever see a show like that again... it was incredible. I couldn't really appreciate at the time what I was seeing (with it being my first show and all), but looking back on it I do.
    State College 5/3/03, Hershey 7/12/03, Reading 10/1/04, Kitchener 9/11/05, Ottawa 9/16/05, Pittsburgh 9/28/05, Hartford 5/13/06, Camden 5/27/06, Camden II 5/28/06, E. Rutherford 6/1/06, E. Rutherford II 6/3/06, Munich 6/12/07, Katowice 6/13/07, London 6/18/07, DC 6/22/08 - EV DC 8/16/08
  • Options
    spryguy09 wrote:
    Roaming on TSIS and found this show from '03. Don't remember seeing this before. Looks like a wicked set. Another boot I have to track down.

WAS ANYONE HERE AT THIS SHOW? HOW AS IT???

set: Release, Save You, Animal, Corduroy, Cropduster, Elderly Woman, Even Flow, Grievance, I Am Mine, Improv, Rearviewmirror, Nothingman, Daughter/(Highway To Hell)/(ABitW), Lukin, Whipping, MFC, Jeremy, Improv, Blood
    enc 1: You've Got to Hide Your Love Away, Gimme Some Truth, Breath, Do The Evolution, Black, Alive
    enc 2: Last Exit, Mankind, Down, Better Man/(Save It For Later), Satan's Bed, Leaving Here
    enc 3: Crazy Mary, Porch, Fortunate Son, Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

Wow where u been?? They released this one in the stores long ago.
    I was at this show too and it was an AMAZING show. The boot is totally worth the investement.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    Great show.....but.....they did not sell beer at the show. That sucked.
  • Options
    RonForchetteRonForchette Posts: 175
    Found this show for a free download here: http://www.smashgig.com/PJ/2003.html
    Alpine Valley '92
    Milwaukee 2 '95
    Alpine Valley '00
    Milwaukee 1 '06
  • Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    i was there. great show for an undeserving crowd.
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • Options
    Found this show for a free download here: http://www.smashgig.com/PJ/2003.html

I just found out from another thread that there is something wrong with a couple of songs (Daughter, Betterman) from this download. Sorry, for wasting space. Hopefully there is another way ya to get this show.
    Alpine Valley '92
    Milwaukee 2 '95
    Alpine Valley '00
    Milwaukee 1 '06
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    inmyrvm wrote:
    listen to the crowd after animal finishes playing

no boot ever has been as loud as the crowd right then, totally punks philly 03 that year to.
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    The crowd was so fun that we were even going bonkers upstairs, dancing in the ailes. The whole show was fantastic, and they played for what seemed like forever. That version of Porch might sound hokey or something on the boot, but when you were there, it was really moving. That was just one of the best nights of my life.
    Spectrum 4/28/03
    State College 5/3/03
    Camden 7/5/03
    Camden 7/6/03

makes much more sense
    to live in the present tense
  • Options
    inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    NOCODE#1 wrote:

no boot ever has been as loud as the crowd right then, totally punks philly 03 that year to.
    i could see the entire floor for the whole show. i've never seen so many people sitting during a concert in all my life. it was sad really. even hershey's crowd was better for the entire duration of the show. it took eddie saying it was gonna be the longest show ever for the crowd to get into an already awesome show. sad.
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • Options
    inmyrvm wrote:
    i could see the entire floor for the whole show. i've never seen so many people sitting during a concert in all my life. it was sad really. even hershey's crowd was better for the entire duration of the show. it took eddie saying it was gonna be the longest show ever for the crowd to get into an already awesome show. sad.
    1st row side mikes side i dont know what crowd u saw, but the crowd i saw was insane!
  • Options
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    1st row side mikes side i dont know what crowd u saw, but the crowd i saw was insane!

That's what I've always said! I've had this convo with RVM before and he's quite insistant that the crowd was bad until Ed's announcement. But I remember the crowd bein' insane that night! In fact, one of my good friend's is the dude that yelled "You fuckin' rock Vedder!" before Elderly Woman, and I have the picture to prove it. :)

But yeah... I'm from S.C., go to PSU, and every show I've gone to at BJC the crowd has been hysterical (besides the Tool show, which was really f'ing disappointing... I felt like the only one into it)
    "... are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?"

(State College, PA 05/03/03) (Hamilton-Ontario, 09/13/05) (E. Rutherford I, NJ 06/01/06) (Pittsburgh, PA 06/23/06) (Washington D.C. 06/22/08) (New York, NY 05/21/10) (Pittsburgh, PA 10/11/13) (Philadelphia, PA 04/29/16)
  • Options
    JD SalJD Sal Posts: 790
    NOCODE#1 wrote:

I think you need to listen to the Spectrum '03 show again, especially when Eddie says hello and the crowd cheers for like 2 minutes straight.

Spectrum '03 = Best Indoor PJ Crowd ever ;)
    "If no one sees you, you're not here at all"
  • Options
    i was there. its definitely a good show, but i think its way overrated.

and i agree with JD Sal. spectrum owns this show.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    It can't be judged just by the setlist though - being there was just a blast. There was a sense of anything goes. Opening the floor to requests hahaha. It was my then 8-year old's first show. She proudly stood right through the first encore, took a little sitting break before the second encore began. It was a great night. The tee shirt thrown up on stage, Ed walking on the rail, doing the light shining thing with the mirror. An almost 10 minute Porch.

We were in 10 club seats on Mike's side on the side seats. Nice crowd there.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    inmyrvm wrote:

Undeserving!!?? It was pretty much a 10c show. It was the perfect venue for fans from DC, Philly, Ny, and Boston to meet. A comment like that makes me believe you weren't there, but to each his own.

To the dude who wants the show, go to your local store or shop online. It was released to you should be able to find it w/o any problems.
  • Options
    To the dude who wants the show, go to your local store or shop online. It was released to you should be able to find it w/o any problems.

Beware though... if you can find a high-quality boot from the website or somewhere else... like someone selling the ten-club version on ebay, BUY IT INSTEAD... I bought the CD at a music store and the sound quality was aweful. I listened to it religiously for almost 3 years before hearing a friend play his 10c version at work and the amazingly better sound quality. So I ripped it from him. Kinda sucks I paid $25 for the boot in a store and got 1/2 the quality... maybe even less. :(

Did anyone else have this problem??? The packaging and printing on the CDs is totally legit... but the dude I work with got his as CD stickers he had to actually put onto the CDs...
    "... are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?"

(State College, PA 05/03/03) (Hamilton-Ontario, 09/13/05) (E. Rutherford I, NJ 06/01/06) (Pittsburgh, PA 06/23/06) (Washington D.C. 06/22/08) (New York, NY 05/21/10) (Pittsburgh, PA 10/11/13) (Philadelphia, PA 04/29/16)
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Undeserving!!?? It was pretty much a 10c show. It was the perfect venue for fans from DC, Philly, Ny, and Boston to meet. A comment like that makes me believe you weren't there, but to each his own.

I like your name. Awesome beer.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    JD Sal wrote:
    I think you need to listen to the Spectrum '03 show again, especially when Eddie says hello and the crowd cheers for like 2 minutes straight.

Spectrum '03 = Best Indoor PJ Crowd ever ;)
    nothing was LOUDER than the crowd right after animal

and the spectrum 03 crowd had to do something for that awful setlist.
  • Options
    i was there. its definitely a good show, but i think its way overrated.

and i agree with JD Sal. spectrum owns this show.
    SO good it doesnt get released in the stores

sorry try again
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    I am uploading this show right now for anyone that wants it. It will be ready in about an hour.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    I am uploading this show right now for anyone that wants it. It will be ready in about an hour.

Thank you, thank you very much!
    Alpine Valley '92
    Milwaukee 2 '95
    Alpine Valley '00
    Milwaukee 1 '06
  • Options
    Beware though... if you can find a high-quality boot from the website or somewhere else... like someone selling the ten-club version on ebay, BUY IT INSTEAD... I bought the CD at a music store and the sound quality was aweful. I listened to it religiously for almost 3 years before hearing a friend play his 10c version at work and the amazingly better sound quality. So I ripped it from him. Kinda sucks I paid $25 for the boot in a store and got 1/2 the quality... maybe even less. :(

Did anyone else have this problem??? The packaging and printing on the CDs is totally legit... but the dude I work with got his as CD stickers he had to actually put onto the CDs...

sounds like you got a bootlegged bootleg.
    "let's hug it out, bitch."

"and onward goes this thing of ours."
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,650
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    SO good it doesnt get released in the stores

sorry try again

so i guess MTV Unplugged wasn't good to U then.

spectrum show and crowd was THE BEST. no doubt about it. when U have to to delay the start of a show U KNOW there is magic in the building.

i have love for state college too tho. :p
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.