Instruments wanted....

ms.honeymeisterms.honeymeister Posts: 476
edited July 2013 in Musicians and Gearheads
Hi all.... I know a lot of you are into music and play and instrument... or 2.... or 5. I am looking for some help. As many of you know I work with people with severe mental illness and we are trying to obtain some instruments for them to use as part of their therapy. We have at least 3 guitar players, a bass player and 2 keyboard players, (we have enough folks for a band) yet no instruments. ...If you or anyone you know has an extra instrument that needs some work or you would like to get rid of to de-clutter or for a tax write off please let me know. We would be very appreciative. As many of us know, music can be so healing and your donation would go a long way toward helping people heal and improving their quality of life.

Thanks for your consideration!
Pam
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,414
    Hi Pam---

Check with Goodwill. I'm sure they'd be willing to donate any old/used instruments. Also, check craigslist. You may be able to find some cheap instruments there as well. Much respect for the work that you're doing!

Matt
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • ratmandoratmando Posts: 347
    There used to be a program that donated rental instruments to 503cs and you can also check the local schools, including colleges to see if they have a permanent loan program. I was on the board of directors for an adults with head trauma group and we got a harp, a few pianos, a lot of student guitars. Also, tap into local stores,like demonized Wal-Mart, and ask about their community support programs. I ended up getting string and brass donations. When you get a good grant writer, who can research donors and programs in your region, you may be surprised at the kindness. We found a group of VERY senior woman from the Daughters of the Revolution, a few Veterans, and even a local chapter of Berklee School of Music who donated instruments AND lessons. You will be lousy with instruments in no time if you can just tap into the right folks. :mrgreen:
    When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.

Henry David Thoreau