1st timers review (Albany)

AimeeLynneAimeeLynne Posts: 7
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
You guys were totally right! That was an absolutely AMAZING show. I haven't stopped thinking about it. I know it's a VERY long shot, but I have been looking all over to see if I can get really good tickets for a show thats comming up. It's like I'm addicted...but I like it!
Eddie has such an incredible voice. I could listen to him forever. Mike McCready is a nut-bag (but in a good way!!) He jumps and dances around stage, almost in his own little world. It's great to actually see musicians who love what they do! It makes you able to really love the music. Unlike other bands, they really do care about their fans...it's rare, but a great quality to have. They are an amazing band and I'm pissed that I had to wait so long to see them! :)
You get what you give!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
    So glad you enjoyed it! That's exactly how i felt after the Astoria gig! Now i have a 4-month wait until the euro shows in September!
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Welcome to the club
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,798
    I told you that you would never be the same after seeing them.

Glad you had such an amazing time.

I love your name, I grew up next to an AimeeLynn. I always like the name.
  • AimeeLynneAimeeLynne Posts: 7
    I now know exactly how you all feel!
    You get what you give!
    I love your name, I grew up next to an AimeeLynn. I always like the name.

Thanks! I like it too! :)
    You get what you give!
  • PineappleAnaPineappleAna Posts: 255
    Albany was a fantastic show, you're lucky it was your first, now you'll never hear rats again
  • MarkAssMarkAss Posts: 6
    Yeah, here I sit at 38 years old and had never seen them until Friday night. I figured that I might not ever see them again- and considering that Albany is home, I'd better go now.

I still can't believe the following they have after all these years. I feel fortunate to have seen such an incredible show. I knew it was great, but after reading all the reviews, apparently it was something special that doesn't just happen at every city. It's hard to describe the feeling that sticks with you. Very hard to forget. Makes you want to pack up your stuff and just follow them around for awhile.
    "Chesty. Our last word to you tonight." Eddie -Pepsi Arena, Albany, NY May '06
  • StrykerStryker Posts: 585
    Wow, what a great show you guys picked to be your first. Congrats!!!
    MarkAss wrote:
    It's hard to describe the feeling that sticks with you. Very hard to forget. Makes you want to pack up your stuff and just follow them around for awhile.

That's exactly how I feel...I thought I was hooked before, but it's bad now!!!
    You get what you give!
    AimeeLynne wrote:
    That's exactly how I feel...I thought I was hooked before, but it's bad now!!!

I just know you'll habit ;)
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    That's how I felt after Ottawa. It seems I've hit to 'good' shows in a row, Ottawa and Albany.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    That's how I felt after Ottawa. It seems I've hit to 'good' shows in a row, Ottawa and Albany.

I went to both and I agree.
  • These reviews are making me awfully excited for when I get to see this show in July. I've been a fan of PJ forever (got into them shortly before the release of Vs), but I never got around to seeing the band in concert for some reason (though I did see Eddie solo once). Can't wait to finally see the guys this summer...
  • azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 703
    very nice post
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    i agree. my first 4 pearl jam shows ive been to are Philly '05, Irving Plaza, Albany and Hartford. couldn't ask for much more!