Girls Wearing Hockey Jerseys

13»

Comments

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    not so flattering,...

970873_10151436305712466_1800076411_n.png
    Miss Illinois and Miss Massachusetts put on their Stanley Cup game faces for the Chicago Blackhawks & Boston Bruins
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • shepshep Houston Posts: 5,741
    Nami wrote:

Ok with that in mind I DO NOT want to see Jennifer Love Hewitt in a hockey jersey... :lol:

I definitely do not want to see that... ever! :shifty:
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    shep wrote:
    Nami wrote:

Ok with that in mind I DO NOT want to see Jennifer Love Hewitt in a hockey jersey... :lol:

Buh buh buh boner :lol:
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,995
    shep wrote:
    Nami wrote:

Buh buh buh boner :lol:

:lol:
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • It may not be flattering. But if you saw a girl in your favorite team's jersey with your favorite band on the back, I think it would spark some interest. http://instagram.com/p/WdX10ZNkGp/
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    this thread is just begging for a feminist tirade.

But I'd rather bitch about the availability of ladies' size/style band shirts, including PJ's.
    The only cool design ladies' shirt they came out with was the 2008 reaper shirt. Currently in the shop, the only somewhat decent design is the 10c shirt, the rest are deliberately designed 'girly' it seems, which I would think conflicts with the rest of the band's merch images. Think stickers, posters, album art etc. U seen any posters with a colorful heart shaped dreamcatcher? Me neither. Also, look at the number of 'womens' items available comparable to the number of 'mens' items available. If you don't want to, I'll give u a hint: you actually have to scroll down to see all the mens stuff.

This is not unique to PJ. In my experience this is typical of any sort of fandom merch.

Except the NFL. I have two awesome looking women's Giants shirts. Shirts, not Jerseys.

you may return to your half naked lady pictures now.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    duska3419 wrote:
    But I'd rather bitch about the availability of ladies' size/style band shirts... I'll give u a hint: you actually have to scroll down to see all the mens stuff.

This is not unique to PJ. In my experience this is typical of any sort of fandom merch.

Exactly. And I imagine most of the women's sizes also don't perfectly fit every woman (I know they don't fit me) so the only other option is to wear a man's jersey.

And It's CRAZY of sports leagues and bands not to offer more women's choices given that us ladies nowadays have more disposable income and more desire/ability to spend it than men.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 31,020
    drivingrl wrote:
    duska3419 wrote:
    But I'd rather bitch about the availability of ladies' size/style band shirts... I'll give u a hint: you actually have to scroll down to see all the mens stuff.

Exactly. And I imagine most of the women's sizes also don't perfectly fit every woman (I know they don't fit me) so the only other option is to wear a man's jersey.

And It's CRAZY of sports leagues and bands not to offer more women's choices given that us ladies nowadays have more disposable income and more desire/ability to spend it than men.

Basic economics rules apply here -- supply & demand. If more women were like the two of you and wanted this stuff I think they would make it. I think women in general (dont kill me!) dont like to "fan out" as much as guys do. This is probably a good thing. (And btw, I love it when my wife wears her nfl mini jerseys. I think it is great that lots of girls dont always want flowery/dainty stuff and can fan out.)

Hope they make more of the stuff you like in the future.
    (And as admiring guys we can enjoy the sights of beautiful fellow fans.)
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 31,020
    duska3419 wrote:
    you may return to your half naked lady pictures now.

Thanks! ;)

USC+Girl.jpg
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    A woman in this is sexy.. Have some imagination

603-0-agicos_110414_171550_010.jpg
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • BLACK35BLACK35 Hanover, Ontario Posts: 22,646

Are they midgets?
    2005 - London
    2009 - Toronto
    2010 - Buffalo
    2011 - Toronto 1&2
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Cincinnati, St. Louis, Detroit
    2016 - Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto 1
    2018 - Fenway 1&2
    2022 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago 1&2
    2024 - Las Vegas 1&2
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    BLACK35 wrote:

Are they midgets?
    If that works for you...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    Basic economics rules apply here -- supply & demand. If more women were like the two of you and wanted this stuff I think they would make it. I think women in general (dont kill me!) dont like to "fan out" as much as guys do. This is probably a good thing. (And btw, I love it when my wife wears her nfl mini jerseys. I think it is great that lots of girls dont always want flowery/dainty stuff and can fan out.)

True enough. And I second the notion that the pink jerseys have got to go. That's not authentic and kinda gross.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Crazy MarcusCrazy Marcus Posts: 1,823
    Kingsicegirl_zpsd24f4355.jpg

Yep. Just plain awful what they look like wearing hockey jerseys. :shock:
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,692
    Hot-leaf-fan-girl.jpg

hopefully this one isn't too inappropriate
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,277
    Hot-leaf-fan-girl.jpg

hopefully this one isn't too inappropriate
    How would that ever be inappropriate?

:thumbup:
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    [quote="F Me In The Brain"

(And as admiring guys we can enjoy the sights of beautiful fellow fans.)[/quote]

This is faulty logic. How would "they" know if women want to buy their merch? I agree that supply & demand are applicable but I do not think the design team has data that says "women will buy more fan shirts if they are more 'girly', design accordingly" nor do I believe the production team has data that says "men buy fan shirts at a 20:1 take on women - so make 20x as many of the men's shirts"
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
    duska3419 wrote:
    [quote="F Me In The Brain"

This is faulty logic. How would "they" know if women want to buy their merch? I agree that supply & demand are applicable but I do not think the design team has data that says "women will buy more fan shirts if they are more 'girly', design accordingly" nor do I believe the production team has data that says "men buy fan shirts at a 20:1 take on women - so make 20x as many of the men's shirts"[/quote]

Sorry, did not mean to make this break down to into the review of economics models -- my thought was that if they made 3 different types and the types you say you like were sold at a much higher clip they would make more. These shirts are not about making any sort of statements they are about money for those who sell them.

rihanna-hockey-jersey-dress-at-greystone-manor.jpg
    I know we discussed football jerseys somewhere in this thread....made me think of it when I saw the new commercial campaign being run for NFL apparel.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLHs13L235Q