[RTG] picnics

8181 Posts: 58,276
edited June 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
ready?

go!!!

i have not been on one in forever....stupid ants always running off with my ice cream
81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    mmmm....love me Pik-Nik

30-5137.jpg
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    pick up a pizza or chinese and find a table at the park. done.
  • I always liked throwing the frisbee into the other family's picnic area on purpose and making whomever I was playing with go and retrieve.

Picnic is what they call a party here for holidays. As in...."Hey, I am having a 4th of July Party, do you want to come over? Big Keg, Explosives, Weed....what could go wrong?" turned into the South Jersey "Hey, we are having a 4th of July Picnic, do you want to come?"

Technically I hosted a picnic on Memorial Day but I call bullshit since there were no picnic baskets and I cooked on the grill for everyone while they swam in the pool and drank my beer.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    I always liked throwing the frisbee into the other family's picnic area on purpose and making whomever I was playing with go and retrieve.

Picnic is what they call a party here for holidays. As in...."Hey, I am having a 4th of July Party, do you want to come over? Big Keg, Explosives, Weed....what could go wrong?" turned into the South Jersey "Hey, we are having a 4th of July Picnic, do you want to come?"

Technically I hosted a picnic on Memorial Day but I call bullshit since there were no picnic baskets and I cooked on the grill for everyone while they swam in the pool and drank my beer.

I just purchased a lot with private access to a hot spring pool and suddenly people I haven't talked to in forever want to hang out, be friends, and have picnics and parties...

Yeah, fuck them...
    I always liked throwing the frisbee into the other family's picnic area on purpose and making whomever I was playing with go and retrieve.

see...this is what I was just going to ask, "is a picnic the same as a BBQ?" I'm bringing food to a destination that is not my house, we eat outside. The only difference is, the people there are people I know and tolerate. People at the park...yeah, I usually don't like them so much.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    Snakeduck wrote:

I just purchased a lot with private access to a hot spring pool and suddenly people I haven't talked to in forever want to hang out, be friends, and have picnics and parties...

Yeah, fuck them...

:wave: ;) :angel:

:lol::lol::lol:

- Christopher McCandless
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    edited June 2013
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

Yeah, fuck them...

You are always invited! You just have to find it...
  • RKCNDY wrote:

see...this is what I was just going to ask, "is a picnic the same as a BBQ?" I'm bringing food to a destination that is not my house, we eat outside. The only difference is, the people there are people I know and tolerate. People at the park...yeah, I usually don't like them so much.

Guess it depends on where you live. I never heard that until I moved here. I always thought a picnic was a self contained party group going somewhere out in nature. (Not including my house, my pool, my beer, etc. :lol: )
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Snakeduck wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Snakeduck wrote:

Yeah, fuck them...

You are always invited! You just have to find it...

is that a spider at the end of your drive?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    RKCNDY wrote:

A pleasure outing in which a meal is eaten outdoors.

Picnic all the time.
    #FHP
  • PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,799
    Well then I guess I'm having a picnic today. Technically, it's tailgaiting, but it's eating and drinking outside the ball park.

We're leaving at 10:00, it's about 10 minutes to the park, so I figure I'll be consuming my first alcoholic drink by 10:30.

I love picnics. :lol:
  • Well then I guess I'm having a picnic today. Technically, it's tailgaiting, but it's eating and drinking outside the ball park.

We're leaving at 10:00, it's about 10 minutes to the park, so I figure I'll be consuming my first alcoholic drink by 10:30.

Hope Dom Brown continues to tear shit up. Picked him up a few weeks back as a bench player in a fb league and he has been my best hitter. I know it will end but I hope you see him go yard 2x today!
  • shepshep Posts: 5,761
    Did someone say picnic?

img-yogiBottom.png
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
    Well then I guess I'm having a picnic today. Technically, it's tailgaiting, but it's eating and drinking outside the ball park.

Hope Dom Brown continues to tear shit up. Picked him up a few weeks back as a bench player in a fb league and he has been my best hitter. I know it will end but I hope you see him go yard 2x today!

Me too because we're in prime HR territory, Section 205 right field
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    RKCNDY wrote:

I always thought that a picnic I was trying to get laid. At a bbq, I was trying to get drunk. Laid was secondary.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • RKCNDY wrote:

I always thought that a picnic I was trying to get laid. At a bbq, I was trying to get drunk. Laid was secondary.

I knew I preferred BBQ's for a reason!
    (Married and can get the picnic results with the BBQ fun so long as we are both 'BBQ-ing.')
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    I love picnics. Make sure I go to many every summer. And bbq's are ok too.
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • shepshep Posts: 5,761
    wait a second...

I completely forgot to ask the obvious question:

Are we talking about cheeseburger picnics?

306963.jpg
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    My mom likes to pack a "picnic" a lot, but her version of what that is comes from the Depression or something. It's usually something like a peeled, halved, salted and peppered hard boiled egg (for sharing), 2 oatmeal and raisin cookies (1 each), and 2 apples (at least I get my own). And either water, or pink lemonade from concentrate (store brand), just in one of those plastic juice jugs from the 70s. The kind with the plastic button on the lid to release the so-called seal. And then she leaves the whole "meal" in the car truck until it's all hot, and then acts disappointed when I seem somewhat perturbed when she says it's time for the "picnic". :sick::lol: Oh mom. :fp: :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    My mom likes to pack a "picnic" a lot, but her version of what that is comes from the Depression or something. It's usually something like a peeled, halved, salted and peppered hard boiled egg (for sharing), 2 oatmeal and raisin cookies (1 each), and 2 apples (at least I get my own). And either water, or pink lemonade from concentrate (store brand), just in one of those plastic juice jugs from the 70s. The kind with the plastic button on the lid to release the so-called seal. And then she leaves the whole "meal" in the car truck until it's all hot, and then acts disappointed when I seem somewhat perturbed when she says it's time for the "picnic". :sick::lol: Oh mom. :fp: :lol:

pitcher.jpg

spicedorcs.jpg

hardcooked200.jpg

2-green-apples.jpg

:?: :?: :?:

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

pitcher.jpg

spicedorcs.jpg

hardcooked200.jpg

2-green-apples.jpg

:lol::clap: Absolutely perfect!!! That's the exact juice jug I meant, and hers is even that exact colour! :lol: AND, the apples are usually green! :thumbup: ... Wow. I feel like finally someone really understands me. :lol:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

pitcher.jpg

spicedorcs.jpg

hardcooked200.jpg

2-green-apples.jpg

:lol::clap: Absolutely perfect!!! That's the exact juice jug I meant, and hers is even that exact colour! :lol: AND, the apples are usually green! :thumbup: ... Wow. I feel like finally someone really understands me. :lol:
    That button locks in all the air.
    LloydXmas wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

pitcher.jpg

spicedorcs.jpg

hardcooked200.jpg

2-green-apples.jpg

That button locks in all the air.
    I think the main idea is just to keep the fucking pink lemonade from spilling all over the trunk. :lol:

well Dom Brown came through for you and it really was a picnic, the person responsible for bringing the food and beer actually had a picnic basket filled with goodies.
  • Well then I guess I'm having a picnic today. Technically, it's tailgaiting, but it's eating and drinking outside the ball park.

well Dom Brown came through for you and it really was a picnic, the person responsible for bringing the food and beer actually had a picnic basket filled with goodies.

:lol:
    And you got to see your team win. I am sure it was a good 'picnic!'
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,193
    A keg of beer and bag of doritos that is all i need ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    every year as soon as the weather warms up we go to the beach and fire up a grill, pack the coolers with ice and beer, play football, baseball and/or frisbee... good times :D