Options

Daniel Wesley covers Not For You

helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
edited May 2013 in The Porch
and he's been a fan for 20 years! Just like some of us other old kats ;)

2 songs in this clip. His signature encore song that is very hippie friendly, and, Not For You starts @ 9:37

Daniel Wesley--Ooo Ohh / Not For You--Live @ Rifflandia Festival-Victoria BC 2011-09-25
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsCv_UGTXw4

http://www.danielwesley.com/

iloveyoutube
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    who is Daniel Wesley?
    aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    Soulfire42Soulfire42 Posts: 404
    Thanks for posting. Unfortunately, I found the song pretty painful to listen to because the singer doesn't seem to get the emotional mindset of the song and then put those emotions back into the song. I'm not asking him to be Vedder, but rather to do more than go through the motions. My two cents.
  • Options
    iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 779
    pjradio wrote:
    who is Daniel Wesley?

He is a singer/songwriter frim Vancouver. He was one of the winners on the CFOX (rock radio station) Seeds competion. He is pretty popular here. Honestly I am really don't care for his stuff much
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    Soulfire42 wrote:
    Thanks for posting. Unfortunately, I found the song pretty painful to listen to because the singer doesn't seem to get the emotional mindset of the song and then put those emotions back into the song. I'm not asking him to be Vedder, but rather to do more than go through the motions. My two cents.

hey, no worries, i totally get that no one can sing/emote it like ed. in fact, i'd even go out on a limb and say that i have not heard any cover of any pj song that i thought was better than pj's. except maybe willie's ;)

daniel's got a great cool vibe and it's especially nice to see him praise the mighty pj. i never knew he was a fan and have been a fan of daniel's for over 5 years.
  • Options
    teemanteeman Posts: 337
    Pretty good cover. I prefer the verses and bridge to the chorus in his version though. His take on the chorus sounds like if Not For You was on Backspacer if that makes any sense.