peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
edited May 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
What a waste of money
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Did you drink it and not pass a final?

:corn:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    I drink it if I'm not feeling so great after a night of drinking....
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    RKCNDY wrote:
    Did you drink it and not pass a final?

:corn:

:lol:

No... the woman of the house drinks it religiously.

I got some the other day and immediately asked her why she likes to waste her money like that daily.
    mca47 wrote:

Just drink water.

That's exactly what this shit is. An overpriced bottle of water. the bottle is nice for refills and that is all
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSdfjiSXuMy327CuTCk1_PkAAPsubVG0Dsjprb_lfWV3woL6G5e1w
    mca47 wrote:

Just drink water.

That's exactly what this shit is. An overpriced bottle of water. the bottle is nice for refills and that is all

never had it, read the label that said it was something like 'extra oxygenated' that reminded me of the girl I used to work with that was trying to get her Scamway business going...she was blabbing, "They added an extra oxygen molecule, so it gives you extra energy!" So I said, "So basically I'm drinking hydrogen peroxide?"

She looks at me: :?

I said, "water is H2O, if they added an extra oxygen molecule, then that would make it H2O2...which is hydrogen peroxide, and when you drink hydrogen peroxide...you vomit"

She didn't like me much after that.
    :lol::lol::lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    RKCNDY wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Just drink water.

never had it, read the label that said it was something like 'extra oxygenated' that reminded me of the girl I used to work with that was trying to get her Scamway business going...she was blabbing, "They added an extra oxygen molecule, so it gives you extra energy!" So I said, "So basically I'm drinking hydrogen peroxide?"

I said, "water is H2O, if they added an extra oxygen molecule, then that would make it H2O2...which is hydrogen peroxide, and when you drink hydrogen peroxide...you vomit"

...it make RKCNDY smarter....

8-) :wave:
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    mca47 wrote:
    This. The orange and xxx ones are great. Better than Gatorade
    RKCNDY wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Just drink water.

It's vapor distilled
    LloydXmas wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Yeah, it's way better than Gatorade.
    mca47 wrote:
    LloydXmas wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    Yeah, it's way better than Gatorade.

That's vitamin water you clowns.

I'm talking about smart water :lol:
  • SnakeduckSnakeduck Posts: 1,056
    I'm smarter than water... well, most water. Not that fancy store bought stuff with vitamins and nutrients, I can't compete with that.
    RKCNDY wrote:
    mca47 wrote:

Just drink water.

Yeah, the "oxygenation" of bottled water is quite funny. The fact is adding gaseous O2 to water will not allow the water itself to hold more oxygen. It'll bubble to the surface and it'll escape. But, simply adding O2 will not make peroxide...but I get your point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SmartWater

I feel dumb after reading that...

- Christopher McCandless
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    RKCNDY wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SmartWater

I feel dumb after reading that...
    There's smoothing called smart fluid on that link. Sounds gross

Smart water is distilled water with added electrolytes.
    Vitamin water is distilled water with added electrolytes and vitamins with added flavor and sugar. Most essential vitamins can't be put into a solution (water) without it tasting like ass....which is why flavoring it helps mask the bitterness of the vitamins.

Both Smart Water and Vitamin water work well for hydration post-drinking as they hydrate and provide electrolytes (plus vitamins and glucose in Vitamin water).
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I prefer Dasani from a bottle but have a bottle cooler at home with deer park, that's good water!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    I prefer Dasani from a bottle but have a bottle cooler at home with deer park, that's good water!

Dasani comes directly from the waste treatment plant. Of course it is filtered (reverse osmosis) and has flavor enhancers added.

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

Dasani comes directly from the waste treatment plant. Of course it is filtered (reverse osmosis) and has flavor enhancers added.

The only flavor I taste is water
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    mca47 wrote:

Smart water is distilled water with added electrolytes.
    Vitamin water is distilled water with added electrolytes and vitamins with added flavor and sugar. Most essential vitamins can't be put into a solution (water) without it tasting like ass....which is why flavoring it helps mask the bitterness of the vitamins.

Both Smart Water and Vitamin water work well for hydration post-drinking as they hydrate and provide electrolytes (plus vitamins and glucose in Vitamin water).

So be it

I wasn't talking about vitamin water, which IS worth the extra money in my eyes.
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    After a shower I use Smart Water to wash/clean the Fluoride off my body. Better for the skin than the trash tap water we have. (I pay about 80cents for a full litre)

:ugeek: :)

Until I am able to get a machine for some 'reverse osmosis' action. Of course the hope is to have it run via Solar Power.
    Idris wrote:
    After a shower I use Smart Water to wash/clean the Fluoride off my body. Better for the skin than the trash tap water we have. (I pay about 80cents for a full litre)

Until I am able to get a machine for some 'reverse osmosis' action. Of course the hope is to have it run via Solar Power.
    Really?
    I agree that tap water is awful but...
    Can't you just used regular distilled water? You can get a gallon of that at most stores for like $1.
    JK_Livin wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:

The only flavor I taste is water

exactly...the enhancers balance out whatever flavor the water took on...like metallic tastes.

Tap water where I live currently is disgusting-it has an old musty flavor to it. At the house I grew up in, the water was excellent, clean crisp taste.

- Christopher McCandless
    As a kid I drank so much water from a garden hose.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    RKCNDY wrote:

Tap water where I live currently is disgusting-it has an old musty flavor to it. At the house I grew up in, the water was excellent, clean crisp taste.

Yeah, here in the Phoenix area the water is NASTY. It literally smells like pool water. I have no idea how anyone could possibly drink that! There have been a couple of times where after a night of drinking I realize "shit, I'm out of bottled water and I'm certainly not driving anywhere". Rather than going to bed super-thirsty, I'll chug a glass of tap as there is nothing else. :sick: Sooooo gross!

Where I grew up, my parents had well water. That stuff, while super hard (water from limestone), it was amazing. They now have a reverse osmosis for their house and it's even better!
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Me too! :lol:
    Outside playing football or baseball or whatever...the hose was right there! Came out super cold...was perfect! :D
    mca47 wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Me too! :lol:
    Outside playing football or baseball or whatever...the hose was right there! Came out super cold...was perfect! :D

It couldn't come out of the hose fast enough.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I still drink out of the fire hydrant.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    mca47 wrote:
    Idris wrote:

Really?
    I agree that tap water is awful but...
    Can't you just used regular distilled water? You can get a gallon of that at most stores for like $1.

I should correct myself, I get it for less than the 80cents and it gets dropped off at my home.
    -

Depends on a few factors, if I were to boil tap water for example, it just concentrates the fluoride.
    But the smart water thing is temporary until I'm able to run my the tap water through the machine (reverse osmosis)
    -
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,407
    RKCNDY wrote:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well done!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com