So You Think You Can Dance (TV show)

PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
edited May 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone else watch this? I really enjoy it! The good dancers are amazing, with tons of passion, and it actually is one of those "reality" competition shows that are about real talent and artistry. And to their credit, they have backed off quite a bit from a lot of the really shitty audition moments that are more mean than anything else. And sometimes the stories behind the dancers are really inspiring. The producers also do quite a bit of philanthropic work, trying to encourage dance among ypung people, etc, which is pretty cool, and i enjoy that a show like this effectively positively impacts the lives of some people. Not to mention the very talented dance choreographers (often enough, anyway). So any other fans this season? :)
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    No
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    No
    :roll: I wasn't talking to you.

;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    It is one of my favorite shows. My husband was skeptical - then realized the women are pretty hot. I think it's one of the best shows on network TV. We don't know much about dance, but it's great.

Here is one of my favorites EVER. Amazing. (It won an Emmy.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRWdIwCGjbE
    Enkidu wrote:
    It is one of my favorite shows. My husband was skeptical - then realized the women are pretty hot. I think it's one of the best shows on network TV. We don't know much about dance, but it's great.

Here is one of my favorites EVER. Amazing. (It won an Emmy.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRWdIwCGjbE
    Yes, that one is beautiful!
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    No

;)

It's my body, I'll do what I want
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    No

;)

It's my body, I'll do what I want

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Un7q9f6cXMY
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Being good at dancing gives you a public pass for sleeping with children and beating women up. In fact, you will be rewarded with hundreds of millions of dollars and super supportive fans.
    Jason P wrote:
    Being good at dancing gives you a public pass for sleeping with children and beating women up. In fact, you will be rewarded with hundreds of millions of dollars and super supportive fans.
    say-what.gif
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkDqDrDPDRw

Never really gona get better than this!

3257cc6aa62b53b5_sytycd_11-melanie-m_1433_LY.xlarge.jpg

This Chicks Thighs ^^^^ Fuck Yea!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkDqDrDPDRw

Never really gona get better than this!

3257cc6aa62b53b5_sytycd_11-melanie-m_1433_LY.xlarge.jpg

This Chicks Thighs ^^^^ Fuck Yea!
    yeah, and she even had a cool personality too! Loved her.
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Thanks for the headache
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Thanks for the headache
    Is this one of those times when it's appropriate to say you're welcome, or no? :D
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Thanks for the headache
    Is this one of those times when it's appropriate to say you're welcome, or no? :D

We're fighting
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Thanks for the headache

We're fighting
    Oh, okay. Thanks for the heads up.
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Don't hurt me

:(
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Don't hurt me

I'll kick your ass. :angel:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Don't hurt me

You probably could

:lol:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Don't hurt me

You probably could

:lol:
    :fp: No I couldn't! .... Maybe. :lol:
  • jbarbianjbarbian Posts: 991
    This is my favorite show! I love the beautiful body lines!
    edited July 2014
    So who's watching this season?
    Really enjoying it! Ricky blows my mind. So talented and insanely likeable.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    I just saw this thread and how many times I posted in it already. Of course we're watching. The only part I hate is when people get voted out because everybody is so damn good.
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,912
    OMG! This AND big brother???

:fp:

:))
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    edited July 2014
    Whoa whoa whoa! What's wrong with a show where some of the best dancers and choreographers work together and create art? These people are really amazing dancers! If you like good dance, and also like to see super talented and insanely athletic people compete, then this show is great entertainment. :) Nope, I'm not ashamed of this one. :))
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on