Options

Found two copies of Mad Season

lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
edited May 2013 in Lost Dogs
I found two copies of the Mad Season vinyl RSD release at my local shop - only problem is that there are some nasty seam splits at the top of the record. Good for playing, bad if you want a mint copy to look at :D

If anyone is interested in these I'll swing by this weekend and grab them - no promises they will still be there. They are 29.99 - we can work out shipping and specifics.

PM me if you want one of these.
Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    joeybucketsjoeybuckets Posts: 511
    funny you say that... i ordered one copy from 10C and another from http://www.whatrecords.co.uk, both have nasty seam splits also at the top....Annoying!!! i'm thinking maybe they came from pressing factory that way.
    6.19.08 Camden 1
    6.24.08 MSG 1
    8.05.08 EV NYC 2 (3rd Row)
    5.18.10 Newark
    5.20.10 MSG 1
    5.21.10 MSG 2
    6.21.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    6.22.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    9.02.12 Made In America Festival, Philly
    10.18.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
    10.19.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
  • Options
    tinz.tinz. Posts: 2,691
    When did the 10c sell these?
    EV~Toronto Night 2 - 2008
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    Music Midtown, Atlanta - 2012
    London,ON - 2013
    Wrigley Field, Chicago - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
    Wrigley Field 1, Chicago - 2018
  • Options
    lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    tinz. wrote:

mid-April

I was lucky, my copy from the 10c was in great shape. It seems no matter how you pack records there's a good chance you're probably gonna end up with seam splits of varying degrees, unless you remove the vinyl from the cover and pack it in it's own sleeve. The USPS/UPS is not gentle with anything. :fp:
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Options
    Wait hold up, the RSD mad season - above on vinyl was available in the shop? How did I miss that?
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    London,ON - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    tinz. wrote:
    Wait hold up, the RSD mad season - above on vinyl was available in the shop? How did I miss that?
    If you dont take this guy up on his cool offer its still widely available on websites online.
  • Options
    cp3iverson wrote:
    tinz. wrote:
    If you dont take this guy up on his cool offer its still widely available on websites online.

I bought it on rsd I was just confused :) thanks though and good luck
    Toronto - 2009
    NYC Night 2 - 2010
    Toronto Night 2 - 2011
    London,ON - 2013
    Buffalo - 2013
    Charlottesville - 2013
    Charlotte - 2013
    Detroit - 2014
    Ottawa - 2016
    Toronto Night 1&2 - 2016
    EV~Dana Point CA - 2016
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    lotsalemon wrote:
    tinz. wrote:

mid-April

I was lucky, my copy from the 10c was in great shape. It seems no matter how you pack records there's a good chance you're probably gonna end up with seam splits of varying degrees, unless you remove the vinyl from the cover and pack it in it's own sleeve. The USPS/UPS is not gentle with anything. :fp:
    Secret Stash Records ships their vinyl outside of the gatefold and uses a plain white inner outside of any printed sleeves to prevent any damage during shipping.

They know what they're doing and it's great.
  • Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    lotsalemon wrote:
    tinz. wrote:

mid-April

Secret Stash Records ships their vinyl outside of the gatefold and uses a plain white inner outside of any printed sleeves to prevent any damage during shipping.

They know what they're doing and it's great.

Not great if you buy sealed vinyl.
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    GR8Dane wrote:
    Not great if you buy sealed vinyl.
    But it is!

They do that old-time thing with wax where they stamp the sleeve shut. It's all very nicely done. I can post pics if you'd like. It's pretty cool.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,912
    Music On Vinyl Mad Season Above vinyls are still available for sale over @ http://www.banquetrecords.com/RSD13MADSEASON .
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,575
    tinz. wrote:
    If you blinked, they were all gone.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    lotsalemon wrote:
    tinz. wrote:

mid-April

Mine was in perfect shape, luckily. What a really love is that it wasn't packaged in cello, but instead in a more substantial plastic outer sleeve with a perforated, easy-open top, so you can use the outer packaging as a protective sleeve forever. I really appreciate that.

But I REALLY liked what they did with the Blind Melon RSD release. The discs were packaged in flimsy paper sleeves (still inside the gatefold, which I prefer for the protection of the vinyl), and the real sleeve with the graphic and everything was also in there, empty. So you just get rid of the crappy paper sleeve and put the discs in the actual ones. That is a great way to sell a sealed record and still ensure that the inner sleeves are undamaged. That was the first time I saw that done. Everyone should do it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,090
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    lotsalemon wrote:
    tinz. wrote:

mid-April

Mine was in perfect shape, luckily. What a really love is that it wasn't packaged in cello, but instead in a more substantial plastic outer sleeve with a perforated, easy-open top, so you can use the outer packaging as a protective sleeve forever. I really appreciate that.

But I REALLY liked what they did with the Blind Melon RSD release. The discs were packaged in flimsy paper sleeves (still inside the gatefold, which I prefer for the protection of the vinyl), and the real sleeve with the graphic and everything was also in there, empty. So you just get rid of the crappy paper sleeve and put the discs in the actual ones. That is a great way to sell a sealed record and still ensure that the inner sleeves are undamaged. That was the first time I saw that done. Everyone should do it.
    Or you could not use the "real" sleeve? A lot of people buy plain inner sleeves and replace them every time they clean their records, to leave the other sleeves mint.
  • Options
    bazzer wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    lotsalemon wrote:

mid-April

Or you could not use the "real" sleeve? A lot of people buy plain inner sleeves and replace them every time they clean their records, to leave the other sleeves mint.
    True. I'm not quite meticulous enough to do that, but for those that really want to keep them mint for reselling or trading, why not. I personally don't like handling those floppy paper things. Nicer to handle the solid ones, and to read them when the records are playing... I like to enjoy the whole package to the fullest over keeping things mint (with careful handling of course). :) Bit anyway, I really liked that .method of packaging because while I don't have to keep it mint, I HATE splitting in sleeves, especially when the album is brand new! So keeping the vinyl out of the good sleeves and sealed until it reaches me is perfect.