I hate UPS

edited May 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
$50 brokerage fee to receive an item I bought from a member here. what a joke. I guess the moral of the story is always tell the seller to use usps beforehand
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    you bought a brick wall?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • oceaninmyeyesoceaninmyeyes Posts: 4,646
    My friends dog hates UPS. He can hear the truck coming from a mile away and starts whining, barking and running frantically. He's kind of a spaz. :lol::lol:
    And the sun it may be shining . . . but there's an ocean in my eyes
  • RobbyD462RobbyD462 Posts: 4,809
    Brutal!
    This happend to me once.
    Instead of paying I cleared it through customs myself.
    Then when the guy comes to your door that piece of paper states that it is now Your property.
    As soon as the sender gives the package to them it's theirs until delivery/signing.
    That's how they get you.Not much you can do but avoid completely.
    UPS is a joke!
    Not many US citizens are aware of the duties and brokerage fees Canadian citizens are
    subject to paying.
    They can charge up to 50% of the declared value of the item! :shock:
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/4/24

• chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    RobbyD462 wrote:
    Brutal!
    This happend to me once.
    Instead of paying I cleared it through customs myself.
    Then when the guy comes to your door that piece of paper states that it is now Your property.
    As soon as the sender gives the package to them it's theirs until delivery/signing.
    That's how they get you.Not much you can do but avoid completely.
    UPS is a joke!
    Not many US citizens are aware of the duties and brokerage fees Canadian citizens are
    subject to paying.
    They can charge up to 50% of the declared value of the item! :shock:
    value the item at $0.13
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    $50 brokerage fee to receive an item I bought from a member here. what a joke. I guess the moral of the story is always tell the seller to use usps beforehand

You should shake the box and tell them you hope they didnt damage the urn or you'll sue.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

You should shake the box and tell them you hope they didnt damage the urn or you'll sue.

donnys-ashes.jpg

donnys-ashes.jpg

:lol::lol: doesnt it go all in his face? :mrgreen:
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    4364697_std.jpgIt Does! :lol:
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    :lol::lol: his facial expressions as the best
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859

That sucks. I hate UPS too but for different reasons. It's probably just like 1 or 2 of the drivers whose route I'm on. They have this awesome habit of not ringing the bell and leaving a notice downstairs. Or, my favorite, they don't ring the bell, don't leave a notice, but if I check the tracking number it says "attempted delivery, receiver not home" when I was home and able to hear the bell the whole day. My 2nd favorite is when they just drop shit off with the super without ringing the bell or leaving a notice. :evil: I hate ups.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    duska3419 wrote:

That sucks. I hate UPS too but for different reasons. It's probably just like 1 or 2 of the drivers whose route I'm on. They have this awesome habit of not ringing the bell and leaving a notice downstairs. Or, my favorite, they don't ring the bell, don't leave a notice, but if I check the tracking number it says "attempted delivery, receiver not home" when I was home and able to hear the bell the whole day. My 2nd favorite is when they just drop shit off with the super without ringing the bell or leaving a notice. :evil: I hate ups.

Happens to me too! :evil:

When I order something, and it says "delivery instructions" I will type in "RING BELL SOMEONE WILL BE HOME TO ACCEPT DELIVERY" they still won't ring the bell and just leave a notice on the door, so I have to drive to the distribution hub to pick it up. Then when I get the parcel the label clearly states that I will be home.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • PillowPantsPillowPants Posts: 4,874
    i thought canada was supposed to be the normal country??
    RKCNDY wrote:
    duska3419 wrote:

Happens to me too! :evil:

When I order something, and it says "delivery instructions" I will type in "RING BELL SOMEONE WILL BE HOME TO ACCEPT DELIVERY" they still won't ring the bell and just leave a notice on the door, so I have to drive to the distribution hub to pick it up. Then when I get the parcel the label clearly states that I will be home.

If I had to deal with the Distribution Hub because their delivery people don't deliver I would have raised hell on the phone with them. I try to avoid shipping things to my house. I use the Amazon lockers when I can or ship shit elsewhere if it's super important.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    duska3419 wrote:
    If I had to deal with the Distribution Hub because their delivery people don't deliver I would have raised hell on the phone with them. I try to avoid shipping things to my house. I use the Amazon lockers when I can or ship shit elsewhere if it's super important.

they don't give a shit, when I was at my old job, I was the purchasing & inventory manager, so I was responsible for accepting deliveries. One day the UPS lady comes in and shoves her handcart at me and says "you gotta help me, you have 27 boxes". :wtf: delivering is your job. Oh my manager was pissed! she raised hell and filed a formal complaint with UPS. Needless to say, we had a new driver the next day. :lol:

I would use Amazon lockers, but I don't live near one.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • afroannnieafroannnie Posts: 12,995
    As of yesterday...UPS is on my list. Apparently, when they lose your package, they never indicate it through their tracking system. They just keep updating (done automatically) the delivery date as "today" with some time window... :fp: :fp: :fp: :x

How does this make any sense? When I talked to them yesterday to file an investigation, I asked the guy to explain this system to me....he said "Well you should have seen that it was out for delivery on the 20th and never made it that day...that's how you would know it's lost" :fp: Apparently, the part of the tracking that indicates delivery date and time means nothing?! :crazy: :crazy: :fp:
    Show #13 was a lucky one for me....
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    afroannnie wrote:
    As of yesterday...UPS is on my list. Apparently, when they lose your package, they never indicate it through their tracking system. They just keep updating (done automatically) the delivery date as "today" with some time window... :fp: :fp: :fp: :x

How does this make any sense? When I talked to them yesterday to file an investigation, I asked the guy to explain this system to me....he said "Well you should have seen that it was out for delivery on the 20th and never made it that day...that's how you would know it's lost" :fp: Apparently, the part of the tracking that indicates delivery date and time means nothing?! :crazy: :crazy: :fp:

i have had very similar problems with UPS since i moved to chicago :fp:

one time when i had them on the phone they went as far to flat out say the package must have been stolen off my porch as UPS does not lose any packages that i can't open an investigation with them, i have to open an investigation with the vendor that was supplying the product :fp: :fp:
    rival. wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

one time when i had them on the phone they went as far to flat out say the package must have been stolen off my porch as UPS does not lose any packages that i can't open an investigation with them, i have to open an investigation with the vendor that was supplying the product :fp: :fp:

Even though they admitted it was lost since there's no record of delivery, I still had to call the vendor and have them open another investigation... :fp: When I first called the vendor, they pulled up the tracking order and said "Oh, it says it's being delivered today"...so then i had to explain to them...that oh no...it's not...it's just that the system automatically updates that everyday since it hasn't been delivered.. :fp: :fp:
  • demetriosdemetrios Posts: 91,264
    I don't like UPS with a passion! A few poster artists & merchandise stores that use UPS I try to avoid. I've asked many of them if they could use another method cause whenever I get ANYTHING from UPS they want money at the door. Some were ok going the different method. Others couldn't. Items shipped from USA to Canada via USPS, I never get service charges, duty taxes to pay at the door etc.. Smooth ride & great service. When the package is shipped by USPS, Canada Post takes the packages and makes the delivery here to our homes. Even if the package said merchandise on the slip, we don't get hit with service charges. But UPS, especially an item shipped from the USA to Canada, they ALWAYS ask for money at the door. Even if the package say's gift on the custom form.

BUT .. if you use UPS inside the country, I haven't had any problems receiving goods. Received a few items from folks last year via UPS but the packages were inside Canada. Didn't have to pay for anything, even if it said Merchandise on the form.

Just avoid using UPS shipping / receiving to another country.
    edited May 2013
    Just received confirmation on shipping for my new Alice in Chains album.
    They shipped UPS!
    Here we go again...... :roll:

I sent them an email. ;)
    Post edited by RobbyD462 on
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13 -Vancouver,BC-Rogers Arena-5/6/24

rival. wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

This is a common thing with UPS. They maintain that their business is with the shipper, not the receiver. As the receiver if you have a problem with your package you need to contact the shipper. The shipper then needs to contact UPS. This like SOP for them.
    Now can you guess what they tell the shipper when the shipper calls about a receiver not getting their package?
  • rick1zoo2rick1zoo2 Posts: 12,632
    the hell is my package?
  • Just when I thought they couldn't get anymore ridiculous they surprise me. I go pick-up my package because they deliver at stupid times when nobody is ever available and they tell me it will be another 15-20 minutes before my package is out for me to pickup. Lol
    duska3419 wrote:
    rival. wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

This is a common thing with UPS. They maintain that their business is with the shipper, not the receiver. As the receiver if you have a problem with your package you need to contact the shipper. The shipper then needs to contact UPS. This like SOP for them.
    Now can you guess what they tell the shipper when the shipper calls about a receiver not getting their package?

:x :x :x

a few years back I had ordered stuff and the UPS tracking system said it would be delivered on Friday. I was home ALL DAY Friday. I kept checking the system (I already was keen on their 'tricks'), then it said 'delivered'. I waited 2 hours, then called UPS..."where is my package?!!?" they told me, "it's delivered" then I told them I was home all day and UPS never came. So they look it up, and it was delivered to a business 10 miles away, :roll: the operator tells me "Don't call them, call the company you ordered your packages from, let them file the claim"

So I called the company, they re-sent all my stuff again with overnight shipping. After I get off the phone, the place that got my package calls me and says my package was misdelivered, they have it and I can pick it up. So, I had doubles of everything I ordered. :|

Lesson learned, UPS doesn't pay attention or read anything.

- Christopher McCandless
    Well they finally admitted they lost the package...and apprently it's nowhere to be found.... :fp:
    RobbyD462 wrote:
    Just received confirmation on shipping for my new Alice in Chains album.
    They shipped UPS!
    Here we go again...... :roll:

I sent them an email. ;)

Still no reply to my email.

Hate,Hate,Hate..... :lol:

afroannnie wrote:
    Well they finally admitted they lost the package...and apprently it's nowhere to be found.... :fp:

how do they lose a package? every time they drop off a package, they scan it, and then are supposed to type in the address.

Is it a big package or a small package? (<
    yes... #thatsoundsdirty)

- Christopher McCandless
    RKCNDY wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

how do they lose a package? every time they drop off a package, they scan it, and then are supposed to type in the address.

yes... #thatsoundsdirty)

:lol:

RKCNDY wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

yes... #thatsoundsdirty)

Apparently it made it on the truck, but not to my house (no record of being delivered) :fp: It was a small package from medco (mail order prescription)...so maybe the UPS dude thought it was something good... :roll:
    afroannnie wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:
    afroannnie wrote:

yes... #thatsoundsdirty)

Apparently it made it on the truck, but not to my house (no record of being delivered) :fp: It was a small package from medco (mail order prescription)...so maybe the UPS dude thought it was something good... :roll:

I would have called and freaked out..."I NEED MY DRUGS!" :lol::lol::lol:

- Christopher McCandless