Options

Tampa roll call

hatnhamhatnham Oak Ridge, NJ Posts: 35
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
This show is on my birthday and will be my 13th show. I'm flying in from Jersey that morning. Anybody know about hotels and beaches and bars?
4/17/94, 9/29/96, 9/10/98, 8/7/00, 8/24/00, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 10/1/04, 5/12/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 6/12/08, 6/27/08, Ed solo 8/5/08, 10/27/09,5/18/10,10/22/13,5/1/16
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    canes98canes98 Posts: 14
    Beaches are over 1/2 an hour away.

Plenty of nice hotels near the arena. It'll be low tourist season, so there's a good chance you can just bid between $50 and $60 for a 3* dowtown hotel on priceline and wind up winning a room at the Marriott or Hyatt. I've done it multiple times before. Decent amount of restaurants and bars too. If you're not set on the beach, you can probably make due without a rent a car, and just take a taxi to and from the airport.
    Chicago 07/11/95; Fort Lauderdale 10/07/96; Chicago 06/29/98; St. Louis 07/02/98; Katowice 06/15/00; West Palm Beach 04/11/03; Tampa 04/13/03; West Palm Beach 06/11/08; Tampa 06/12/08
  • Options
    we will be there!

i got the Sheraton through Priceline for $77 plus tax. tried lower bid, but it kicked it back. it is about 7 blocks from the venue and is listed as 4 stars on PRiceline which means it is probably a 3 star place.

I was at the 2003 Tampa show at the same venue. It was my first PJ concert. I was 26th row on the floor. the entire floor area smelled of wet, stinky, old tennis shoes due to the rubber mat they roll out over the ice during hockey season. I hope they replaced their mat since then or have a better system - it was gross.
  • Options
    Tampa's on the 12, right? You said 13th. That's during the Bonnaroo festival.
    (EDIT:Oh, whoops, lol. I misread. I thought you said that it was on the 13th. Happy upcoming 13th show/birthday!)

I... MIGHT be there... Hopefully, I will, but...:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=279742

If I'm not, I'm depending on your to tell me how it is!
  • Options
    I think it is the Marriott that is next door to the arena. It's like a one minute walk. We have a room there. It's like $209 per night. It should be a kick ass day! I look forward to hearing where the pre-show festivus will be.
    4.FOOTSTEPS
    Tampa x 3, West Palm, Kissimmee, Vegas
  • Options
    oldermanolderman Posts: 1,765
    i will be there

i am so fucking psyched!!
    Down the street you can hear her scream youre a disgrace
    As she slams the door in his drunken face
    And now he stands outside
    And all the neighbours start to gossip and drool
    He cries oh, girl you must be mad,
    What happened to the sweet love you and me had?
    Against the door he leans and starts a scene,
    And his tears fall and burn the garden green
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    i am soooo there~flying in from CA, staying at a HoJo that has a free shuttle to local businesses within 2 miles of the hotel....the venue is under 2, so that's cool.

although...now considering Priceline instead...
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    pearljammerpearljammer Posts: 237
    Got my tickets, now I just have to book flights and hotels, for WPB and Tampa.
    EvenFLOW PsYcHo #29

~ is your Pearl Jam cup half empty, or 1/2 Full?
  • Options
    Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    i am soooo there~flying in from CA, staying at a HoJo that has a free shuttle to local businesses within 2 miles of the hotel....the venue is under 2, so that's cool.

will that shuttle only apply pre-gig? im guessing they wont come and pick you up at midnight or something? im just curious as im thinkin of either staying there or trying that priceline thing for the sheraton.
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    Anyone know why the Tampa show is not listed on Ticketmaster site or on the St. Pete Times Forum site?
  • Options
    oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    My wife and I will be there! Am I correct that the 10c tix didn't sell out for this show? If that's true, then I cannot wait to see where my tickets are.
  • Options
    Super VedderSuper Vedder Posts: 1,531
    oktacoma wrote:
    My wife and I will be there! Am I correct that the 10c tix didn't sell out for this show? If that's true, then I cannot wait to see where my tickets are.

i believe it to be true yes, my shitty 365 number might get me third from back row now rather than second to back row :D heeheehee
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    panthergirlpanthergirl Posts: 469
    my son and i will be there ....

:)

driving from miami.
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    will that shuttle only apply pre-gig? im guessing they wont come and pick you up at midnight or something? im just curious as im thinkin of either staying there or trying that priceline thing for the sheraton.

i'm guessing just pre-show. it's only 1.5 miles from the Forum, so worst case we walk or get a cab.
    i'm thinking about priceline too now, save a little $$ and still be in a good area. on priceline, it looks like the Downtown radius is about 2 miles max...
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    Anyone know why the Tampa show is not listed on Ticketmaster site or on the St. Pete Times Forum site?

The show is now listed on Ticketmaster and LiveNation....still not on the St. Pete Times Forum though.
  • Options
    This thread stared on the 27th and only 14 posts. Damn, is anybody coming to the show? It's going to be sick!!!
    4.FOOTSTEPS
  • Options
    TonyBTonyB Posts: 114
    My wife and I are flying in from memphis. #247xxx
    We got a room at the Westin which I here is close to the forum.

It was nice to see them last year in Chicago, but I am more excited to see them this year in Tampa rather than a festival. Since it is the show before bonnaroo I hope we get some of the rare classics.

See you all there
  • Options
    LedbetterdaysLedbetterdays Round Rock, Texas Posts: 555
    Should be there. Gotta use Ticketmaster because there are four in our group.
    Touring Fan since 1996
  • Options
    There's been a lot of plugs on a couple of radio stations for the show. Let's here what kind of seats people are getting tomorrow on TM. Like someone mentioned on Porch, it's been five years so there should be a high demand.
    4.FOOTSTEPS
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    There's been a lot of plugs on a couple of radio stations for the show. Let's here what kind of seats people are getting tomorrow on TM. Like someone mentioned on Porch, it's been five years so there should be a high demand.
    Come on Tampa- buy your tickets! It's killing me that I can't go to this one, but I'll be at Bonnaroo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    GalianaGaliana Posts: 554
    I got my ticket this afternoon after work, so I will be there. :)
    Don't threaten me with a good time.
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    LukinFan wrote:
    Come on Tampa- buy your tickets! It's killing me that I can't go to this one, but I'll be at Bonnaroo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    why not do both?
    $75 inclusive flight from Tampa to Nashville on the 13th am.. only have to miss, Kanye West (what a loss..:p)
  • Options
    pj66jppj66jp Posts: 41
    I will be there, I may have one 10c ticket member 164*** to trade for a wpb ticket.
  • Options
    bwrightbwright Posts: 28
    flying in from chicago for the tampa show. staying at the marriott.
  • Options
    I ended up getting three other friends to get tix through TM for the show and we are staying at the Marriot. I hope my seats are better than theirs with a mediocre 297xxx. We're getting to the hotel, early check in, around lunch time. We will then begin to pollute ourselves. Unless, we end up with a pre-party, it needs to be determined what bar to congregate in before the show. There are a couple of decent ones across the street from the forum.
    4.FOOTSTEPS
  • Options
    5vs1wma5vs1wma Posts: 38
    hatnham wrote:
    This show is on my birthday and will be my 13th show. I'm flying in from Jersey that morning. Anybody know about hotels and beaches and bars?

Hey, mine is on the 13th and I am going to the show in Tampa. Just down the street from the Forum to Channelside Dr. where you will find some bars. Ask anyone in Tampa and they will direct ya. Ybor City is a few miles away. ENJOY!
    You think I have my eyes closed?!.....
  • Options
    my birthday too! see you there!
  • Options
    5vs1wma5vs1wma Posts: 38
    Going to WPB, Tampa shows! Finally got 10c seats for both. I am going nuts!!
    Hope to get MSG2 TIX!
    10/07/96-FT. Lauderdale
    08/12/00-Tampa
    04/13/03-Tampa
    07/09/03-MSG2
    10/08/04-Kissimmee
    6/11/08-WPB
    06/12/08-Tampa
    You think I have my eyes closed?!.....
  • Options
    JaySwanJaySwan Posts: 9
    Just read this whole thread and there doesn't seem to be any plans yet...I am Jason and I live here in Tampa...there's a million places to hang out, so who's up for it? June 12 is Thursday, I know a couple clubs/bars that are good on Thursday nights. Before the show Channelside will be lit up...lot's of restaurants within walking distance.
    "Blame it all on chemical intercourse"
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    JaySwan wrote:
    Just read this whole thread and there doesn't seem to be any plans yet...I am Jason and I live here in Tampa...there's a million places to hang out, so who's up for it? June 12 is Thursday, I know a couple clubs/bars that are good on Thursday nights. Before the show Channelside will be lit up...lot's of restaurants within walking distance.

someone local needs to plan it....hint hint hint ;)
  • Options
    Someone plan the pre-party. Maybe one of the bars right by the forum will let us do it there. I can't plan it,no time with work and kids, I'll be happy to donate some items and certainly attend.
    4.FOOTSTEPS