edited May 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
helps cholesterol levels
increases metabolism
decreases diabetes
lowers blood pressure
fuck
i'm going to live forever

http://www.latintimes.com/articles/4104 ... nefits.htm

Marijuana lovers can finally argue that smoking pot has health benefits, as new studies have discovered.

The Atlantic recently reported a study that found that people who smoke pot are skinnier. The researchers at the University of Nebraska, the Harvard School of Public Health, and Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center analyzed data to find that current pot smokers had a smaller waist circumference than those who had never used marijuana. And yes, the study took into account the extraneous variables such as age, sex, tobacco, alcohol use and physical activity levels.

While this may seem counterintuitive -- pot smokers reportedly consume an extra 600 calories a day due to having "the munchies" -- the proof lies in the numbers.

But that's not the only benefit the scientists found, as there is a correlation between Type 2 diabetes and marijuana. One of the most common risk factors for diabetes is insulin resistance and the researchers found that the active ingredient in marijuana, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), may help the body take in insulin. The study, administered by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and published in the latest issue of "The American Journal of Medicine," found that marijuana users had 16 percent lower fasting insulin levels and 17 percent lower insulin-resistance levels. That said, only current smokers experienced the positive effects, implying that the resistance occurred after immediate use.

"Is it possible that THC will be commonly prescribed in the future for patients with diabetes or metabolic syndrome alongside antidiabetic oral agents or insulin for improved management of this chronic illness? Only time will answer this question for us," said Dr. Joseph Alpert, professor of medicine at the University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, in an editorial that accompanied the article in the journal, according to FOX News.
fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,251
    Facts...schmacks!

Everyone knows pot will kill you and it's a gateway drug for crack and selling your body on the street corner in order to get more crack.

And besides, those TV commercials show you that if you smoke pot, you'll not only be on the street corner whoring yourself for crack, but anyone who smokes pot gets rapped at college parties and crashes their cars into pedestrians.
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    The best way to smoke it is while getting **** :mrgreen:
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    mca47 wrote:
    selling your body on the street corner

go on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710

this is the time for one of your pictures
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    The healthy weed part is offset when the munchies kick in and you end up making a 7/11 run.
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647
    I for one can attest to the fact that everything in the article is true...

when I smoked pot I was 20 lbs lighter (that was also before I got a desk job, but that's got nothing to do with it....)
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    mysticweed wrote:

watk.jpg
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    smoke em if ya got em........
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    i like fried eggs

brain-and-drugs.png
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,284
    :mrgreen::mrgreen: <<<<<<< i love that this smiley is called MR GREEN
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    mysticweed wrote:

watk.jpg

:shock: