I saw something cool today

PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
edited May 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I saw the edge of a rain storm. I was standing there all dry, and literally two feet away there was a downpour. It was like the line was drawn with a ruler. I had to back up a few steps after a bit so the storm wouldn't get me. It was so cool!!

What cool thing did you see today?
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    I saw a gaggle of goslings blocking 3 lanes of traffic as they crossed the highway without a care in the world. :D I wanted to kidnap one, but I refrained :oops:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • whispering handswhispering hands Posts: 13,527
    This wasn't in just one day... But fucking cool none the less.....
    Three months ago, a girl came to stay in one if our trauma rooms, with a very bad prognosis.
    They expected her to die. Her boyfriend and the two others she'd been skiing with DID die. She was the only survivor of this horrible accident! Today, her doctors told her she gets to leave and go to a full time rehab center up in Denver! She's talking, breathing on her own, and is starting to be able to move her hands a d feet! She went from death's door to a major recovery! Everyone on our floor is going to miss her! In this dark plight, she's remained determined, positive, and hopeful!! Absolutely amazed right now!
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    edited May 2013
    I saw some wild beaches(anyone remember the movie The Piano from 1993? I went to THAT beach) + a pretty rainbow + a yummy piece of chocolate brownie before it disappeared into my tummy! :o8-)
    Post edited by morello on
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • morellomorello Posts: 6,212
    This wasn't in just one day... But fucking cool none the less.....
    Three months ago, a girl came to stay in one if our trauma rooms, with a very bad prognosis.
    They expected her to die. Her boyfriend and the two others she'd been skiing with DID die. She was the only survivor of this horrible accident! Today, her doctors told her she gets to leave and go to a full time rehab center up in Denver! She's talking, breathing on her own, and is starting to be able to move her hands a d feet! She went from death's door to a major recovery! Everyone on our floor is going to miss her! In this dark plight, she's remained determined, positive, and hopeful!! Absolutely amazed right now!
    :clap::clap::clap: That's very cool!! :)
    <hr>
    PJ - Auckland 2009; Alpine Valley1&2 2011; Man1, Am'dam1&2, Berlin1&2, Stockholm, Oslo & Copenhagen 2012; LA, Oakland, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle 2013; Auckland 2014
    EV - Canberra, Newcastle & Sydney 1&2 2011
  • ldent42ldent42 Posts: 7,859
    I saw a gaggle of goslings blocking 3 lanes of traffic as they crossed the highway without a care in the world. :D I wanted to kidnap one, but I refrained :oops:

did the one you wanted to kidnap start his sentences with "Hey girl...."

:lolno:
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    I saw the edge of a rain storm. I was standing there all dry, and literally two feet away there was a downpour. It was like the line was drawn with a ruler. I had to back up a few steps after a bit so the storm wouldn't get me. It was so cool!!

Very cool. I Was driving in Ohio once and it was raining the passenger side but not the driver side. It was awesome.
  • PapPap Posts: 28,772
    You can find some 8-) things that I saw last year, here: Beautiful Lifetime.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    I heard some Crow's out back squawking.And we don't see many of them around here.
    I could also hear a little bird chirping. So glancing through the trees,I see the little bird trying to defend
    Itself,or it's nest against all these Crow's. When all of a sudden,A Hawk swooped down and chased them away.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,651
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Wow- very cool, PJ_Soul! Very cool!

I saw the sun on the leaves on tree outside my window the first thing this morning. It was seeing a burst of life straight off, first thing. Wake up, open eyes, see life. Not a bad way to start a day.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    duska3419 wrote:

did the one you wanted to kidnap start his sentences with "Hey girl...."

:lolno:
    :lol: Now that you mention it :think:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"