Options

Athens Help!

bertanbertan Posts: 266
edited September 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
hi,
i will go to athens this friday for the concert but my plane arrives at 2:25 AM. I will be staying at Athens international youth hostel. victor hugo street metaxourgio.

Could you please tell me any possible way of transportation other than taking a cab at that time? Thanks a lot!

see you there...
"hey na na na na hey that's something"

30.09.2006 Athens | 18.06.2007 London | 18.08.2009 London | 05.07.2014 Werchter | 17.07.2018 London | 08.07.2022 London
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    hey
    http://www.ametro.gr/main/project/description/zoom/map_big_down.jpg
    this is a map of Athens' metro system
    you will have to find out how to get to Metaxourghio station, from there you will use the red line up to Omonoia. In Omonia station you will use the green line to get to Irini station where Athens Olympic Complex, aka OAKA, is.

From what I see right now, Victor Hugo street is about two corners away from Metaxourghio station. I'm pretty sure that if you ask in the reception desk they will help you on how to get to the station but it's really easy, propably it won;t get you more than 5-10 mins to get there. From Metaxourghio you will propably need about 35-40 mins to get to Irini, from there you will have to walk for about 5 mins to reach the venue (the basketball stadium).

I hope all these are helpful, should you need any more info feel free to ask.

Cheers

edit: ok, I'm that stupid, I thought you needed a way to get to the venue =/
    I 'm afraid you will have to end up taking a cab but I 'll try and look it up and if I find anything I'll post here
    I talk to planets baby
  • Options
    hey
    http://www.ametro.gr/main/project/description/zoom/map_big_down.jpg
    this is a map of Athens' metro system
    you will have to find out how to get to Metaxourghio station, from there you will use the red line up to Omonoia. In Omonia station you will use the green line to get to Irini station where Athens Olympic Complex, aka OAKA, is.

From what I see right now, Victor Hugo street is about two corners away from Metaxourghio station. I'm pretty sure that if you ask in the reception desk they will help you on how to get to the station but it's really easy, propably it won;t get you more than 5-10 mins to get there. From Metaxourghio you will propably need about 35-40 mins to get to Irini, from there you will have to walk for about 5 mins to reach the venue (the basketball stadium).

I hope all these are helpful, should you need any more info feel free to ask.

Cheers

edit: ok, I'm that stupid, I thought you needed a way to get to the venue =/
    I 'm afraid you will have to end up taking a cab but I 'll try and look it up and if I find anything I'll post here

hey thanks for that info anyway, that's good to know. but i still need the midnight transportation info. does the airport have a metro connection? and does it work at midnight? thanks

30.09.2006 Athens | 18.06.2007 London | 18.08.2009 London | 05.07.2014 Werchter | 17.07.2018 London | 08.07.2022 London
  • Options
    bump!

• Options
    pixypixy Posts: 5
    Hi!

I have done some research for you !There is no metro connection at that time unfortunately!
    But you can take the bus No X95 You can find it in front of the arrivals' building.It leaves at 2:30 ,2:50 ,3:05 ,3:25,3:40,3:55 am etc

This bus will get you to Syntagma square in about 1 and a half hour.The ticket costs 3,20 euros.
    In Syntagma square you can take a taxi to Metaxourgeio or wait for the metro to start at 5:30 am
    If you choose to wait for the metro let me know and i will tell you what to do.
    Bye!
    In life there is only trouble and desire ...
  • Options
    hey! thanks for the research. i think i will take the cab and get some more sleep before the concert :D thanks a lot!

• Options
    Just saw this thread.

Pixy got it right, except one thing. I don't think it'll take that much to arrive at Syntagma, especially at that time, ie no traffic. I wouldn't expect more than an hour.

Apart from that, a taxi ride from Syntagma to Metaxourgeio shouldn't be too expensive for you. Taxis here (even when night fare is on) are much cheaper than pretty much anywhere else in europe. Expect no more than 4-5 euros.

Enjoy the show! :)
    MSG 1&2 2003
    Boston 3 2003
    Milan 2006
    Athens 2006
  • Options
    I think it will propably cost him more than 5euro though =/
    oh well, have a great flight =)
    I talk to planets baby
  • Options
    pixypixy Posts: 5
    Have a nice flight!Enjoy the concert!
    In life there is only trouble and desire ...
  • Options
    thanks a lot everyone, my friend is currently at the hostel and he said it's very close to syntagma. if i can't find a cab i'll just walk :) see you at the concert :)

• Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,268
    A reason for Pearl Jam to come back to our beautiful country (Eddie said so, not me) after 10 years: Be the first band to fill the air of the Nikos Galis (stadium? - formerly known as OAKA Sports Hall) with nice melodies. And while we're at it, you could also add a second night and play at the second basketball arena (the Nick Galis Hall) in Greece being named after the FIBA Hall of Famer.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024