Options

dirty frank

bertanbertan Posts: 266
edited October 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
i'm considering to buy one of the 2006 boots with dirty frank in it (gorge 07/22 and marseille 09/09). could you help me out please. which concert is better in band's energy, audience, vibe etc.. terms, and which one has a better version of dirty frank? please be honest :D

thank you...

p.s. : i like the setlist of gorge more :)
"hey na na na na hey that's something"

30.09.2006 Athens | 18.06.2007 London | 18.08.2009 London | 05.07.2014 Werchter | 17.07.2018 London | 08.07.2022 London
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    FedericoFederico Posts: 7,916
    if dirty frank is what you are interested in....gorge version sounded much better than marseille
  • Options
    bertanbertan Posts: 266
    Federico wrote:
    if dirty frank is what you are interested in....gorge version sounded much better than marseille

it's not tottally about dirty frank, i would like to know how's the rest of the show as well. but yeah, dirty frank is quite important :) thanks
    "hey na na na na hey that's something"

30.09.2006 Athens | 18.06.2007 London | 18.08.2009 London | 05.07.2014 Werchter | 17.07.2018 London | 08.07.2022 London
  • Options
    i have the marseilles show, which is (in my opinion) a fairly good show. dirty frank is not a highlight however....the show is also famed for one crowd member's continual 'eddie....eddie vedder' shout throughout, stone messing up elderly woman, ('small town mosquito'), ed's shall we say 'unique' version of the wishlist lyrics, and possibly black's intro going wrong. BUT regardless of this, i think its a good show. long road into why go????!!! this is why this band is the world's greatest. who said diversity wasnt 'cool'.
    'we were coming close to being on lunchboxes'- e.v 2000
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    The Gorge is a much better bootleg IMO. The Marseille sound quality isn't as good as most of the bootlegs from the 2nd leg.

Dirty Frank is only about 3 minutes in Marseille. They don't do the Cook Em Just To See The Look On Their Face part at the end.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    Go for the Gorge. Ed's thanks for the support and cheers to Barry Ament before Dirty Frank is sweet.
  • Options
    I Am GoneI Am Gone Posts: 831
    The Gorge is a much better bootleg IMO. The Marseille sound quality isn't as good as most of the bootlegs from the 2nd leg.

Dirty Frank is only about 3 minutes in Marseille. They don't do the Cook Em Just To See The Look On Their Face part at the end.

I know - i was pissed when i listened - that's the best bit!
    REMEMBER KIDS....

The Bible is full of lies - Stone is the leader of us all!
  • Options
    bertan wrote:
    i'm considering to buy one of the 2006 boots with dirty frank in it (gorge 07/22 and marseille 09/09). could you help me out please. which concert is better in band's energy, audience, vibe etc.. terms, and which one has a better version of dirty frank? please be honest :D

thank you...

This thread is perfect. I was just recently thinking the same thing. After this, I think I am going to purchase Gorge 1.
    Oh he fills it up with the love of a girl...
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,734
    bertan wrote:

thank you...

i was at the gorge and dirty frank along with the rest of the concert were top notch. this is a no brainer. pick up the gorge. one of my favorite shows from the tour. the only show i liked better was san diego.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.