Options

Santa Cruz 4/5... best show I've seen...ever

CGPJCGPJ Posts: 23
edited April 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
Best show I've seen... including all pearl jam shows I've been to... I know there is the tendency to overstate how good a show was... but this show was a 10... everything was friggin perfect tonight.... Ed was spot on with his voice and passion... I loved ... loved....the set from start to finish....the crowd was unbelievably into it and excited. So good... I was really impressed with it all... and that's saying a lot for someone who has put in so many Pearl Jam listening hours, not to mention that I had just seen the show two nights earlier in Vancouver (you would think the experience would lose some effect... but this was better than Vancouver... which, don't get me wrong... certainly held its own bit of magic.)

Ed has proven for the 1000th consecutive time that he is the man... and my favorite artist of all time.
"whatever prize there waaa-aaas, I could only observe"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    last night was incredible, there were so many moments that were breathtaking...all i could keep thinking was "beautiful".

just plain BEAUTIFUL.

damn. even *thinking* of "arc" last night sends chills thru me. that was one of hte most powerful vocal performances i have ever witnessed, straight up.

what a gift this tour is, getting to see ed share in such an intimate setting! last night was my first for the solo shows, i can't wait to see what will happen in berkeley. glad i have today to recover haha
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    I love these threads so much. Thank you for sharing. :)
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,253
    Santa Cruz. Ahhh, Santa Cruz. Such a great town and half the fun is taking that highway known as 17 that should be made a ride at Disneyland.

The show, incredible. I had a bastard of a time getting tickets, but a member of the Pit I am thankful to, sold me his ticket. Liam Finn is unreal. He's like a freak show gone oh so right. Next to Ben Harper, this guy is the best opening act for Pearl Jam/Eddie. No more Sonic Youth please!!

Eddie, how do you sum it all up??!! He's a master at his craft. He showed us just how great he is at the strings and how much of a regular guy he is. The stories, the raw singing, the old, the new, the Santa Cruz song, how can we go wrong with the setlist! Truly a show that I rate as one of the tops I've ever seen with this man singing. Such a great night to be in Santa Cruz. Now just sing Immortality at Berkeley please!
  • Options
    panthergirlpanthergirl Posts: 469
    so happy for everyone who gets to attend these shows...

:)
    08 6/11 WPB 6/12 Tampa 6/24,25 MSG, 8/7 Ed @ Newark
    07 8/5 Lolla 8/2 VIC
    06 7/22,23 Gorge 7/20 Ptl
    04 10/8 VFC Kissimmee
    03 4/11 WPB, 4/12 HOB Orlando, 7/8,9 MSG
    00 8/24 Jones Bch 8/9,10 WPB
    1998 9/22,23 WPB 1996 10/7 Ft Laud 1994 3/28 Miami
  • Options
    Santa Cruz. Ahhh, Santa Cruz. Such a great town and half the fun is taking that highway known as 17 that should be made a ride at Disneyland.

The show, incredible. I had a bastard of a time getting tickets, but a member of the Pit I am thankful to, sold me his ticket. Liam Finn is unreal. He's like a freak show gone oh so right. Next to Ben Harper, this guy is the best opening act for Pearl Jam/Eddie. No more Sonic Youth please!!

Eddie, how do you sum it all up??!! He's a master at his craft. He showed us just how great he is at the strings and how much of a regular guy he is. The stories, the raw singing, the old, the new, the Santa Cruz song, how can we go wrong with the setlist! Truly a show that I rate as one of the tops I've ever seen with this man singing. Such a great night to be in Santa Cruz. Now just sing Immortality at Berkeley please!

Interesting how you mention Sonic Youth, because there were a few times that Liam Finn went a little "sonic youth" on us, but he actually made it work and didn't draw it out as long.

I don't know about him playing Immortality, but he may play Can't Keep. That was the one song he sound checked and didn't play.
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."