Kitchen Nightmares

raystreyraystrey Posts: 171
edited May 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone watch this.

I know show is edited to hell and they even state edited and not shown in order . But damn some of these places are true shit holes and the owners well damn.

anyways anyone check out episode with Amy's Baking Company from Arizona?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/1 ... 74345.html

this lady is fucking bat shit crazy, I know most restaurant owns probably put up a show once on camera but this is crazy as fuck
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I watched the show on On Demand.

Cannot believe that they would go on there and be completely oblivious to what they do to their employees, and customers. How have they stayed in business for so long?

Their FB page was quite entertaining for a while there.

I feel sorry for Katy and the other girl who were humiliated on camera. Last place I worked was run pretty much like that.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • raystreyraystrey Posts: 171
    RKCNDY wrote:

Cannot believe that they would go on there and be completely oblivious to what they do to their employees, and customers. How have they stayed in business for so long?

I feel sorry for Katy and the other girl who were humiliated on camera. Last place I worked was run pretty much like that.

Is taking their tips even legal????

Don't know much about US laws but that has to be illegal in some way. Hell wouldn't IRS get involved if someone complained ?
    raystrey wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Is taking their tips even legal????

Don't know much about US laws but that has to be illegal in some way. Hell wouldn't IRS get involved if someone complained ?

withholding tips IS illegal.
    The waitstaff is entitled to any/all tips given by customers.

There were a LOT of things they did that were illegal. Any of the waitstaff could sue for 'fostering a hostile work environment', only takes 3 employees to start it off.

I have been waiting for mca to pop in and say if he has ever eaten there...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    I just happened to watch it and I kept saying to my husband, "You should come see this. This woman is out of her fucking mind." He didn't believe me. The Facebook craziness continues.

They'll probably get a reality show.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/I-suppor ... n=timeline
  • raystreyraystrey Posts: 171
    Enkidu wrote:
    I just happened to watch it and I kept saying to my husband, "You should come see this. This woman is out of her fucking mind." He didn't believe me. The Facebook craziness continues.

crazy does = ratings ...

so would not be surprised if they do get a show with all this attention.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Enkidu wrote:

Was reading that facebook page. :lol:
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City

- Christopher McCandless
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Ha! I watched that episode awhile back - both she and her husband are fucking nuts.

I just can't believe it took this long.

(also read in the article that they sued Ramsay for sexual harassment?!)
    It was a trainwrek, fun to watch, but I agree...how did they last so long?

- Christopher McCandless