Taylor 614ce

SEACIDESEACIDE Posts: 410
edited July 2013 in Musicians and Gearheads
Anyone here have one?
Gettin ready to upgrade and have a budget of around $2000. Been strumming a few different guitars at GC and for the price this is top of this list so far. Don't mind used guitars which is what I'll end up with if i go with the taylor. Was thinking Martin but the sound of the taylors does a little more for me. Also looked at gibson but just not overly impressed with their acoustics. Ideally i'd get something that looks like a gibson j-45 and sounds like a taylor. Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.
Love is all you need.....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mca47mca47 Posts: 13,283
    SEACIDE wrote:
    Anyone here have one?
    Gettin ready to upgrade and have a budget of around $2000. Been strumming a few different guitars at GC and for the price this is top of this list so far. Don't mind used guitars which is what I'll end up with if i go with the taylor. Was thinking Martin but the sound of the taylors does a little more for me. Also looked at gibson but just not overly impressed with their acoustics. Ideally i'd get something that looks like a gibson j-45 and sounds like a taylor. Any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.
    The 614ce is a very nice guitar. I'm more partial to the 700 series...like the 714ce.
    I love the tone of the rosewood. So soft, deep and beautiful resonance.

I'd be happy with either, but I guess if I was dropping $2,000 or so on a guitar, I'd probably plop down another $4-500 more on the 7-series.

I prefer Taylor's over Martins and Gibsons. Just something about that sound that just makes me happy. Martins are a close second. I love Gibsons sound, I just don't like their necks. They seem too thin... :?
  • gimpy_boy89gimpy_boy89 Posts: 64
    SEACIDE wrote:
    Anyone here have one?

It's not quite a 614, but I bought a 616ce this past December and the sound is just unreal. The maple gives a sparkling, shimmery tone when played solo but I find that when it really shines is when I play with my singer, who uses a Martin. His guitar has a darker tone and my 616's sparkle really adds a lot of depth and colour to the sound.

Not sure if that helps you, but for what it's worth I say go for the 614!
  • rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    I highly recommend checking out an Alvarez-Yairi, not Alvarez, Alvarez-Yairi. They are as different as Gibson and Epiphone. I own 2 and they are fantastic.

Here is a post I found that might be useful.
    http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/foru ... p?t=194031
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.