N.H. city suing ‘Robin Hood’ for paying parking meters

Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
edited May 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
:fp: Oh, the humanity!

The city of Keene, N.H., is suing “Robin Hood and his Merry Men” — a group that has made a name for itself by paying people’s parking meters before they can get slapped with a ticket from local parking enforcement officers.

When they find one, the pay the meet and slip cards under a windshield wiper that says: “Your meter expired; however, we saved you from the king’s tariffs, Robin Hood and his Merry Men. Please consider paying it forward.”

“Besides following me, crowding around me, making video recordings of my activities, and placing coins in expired meters to prevent me from writing tickets, these individuals repeatedly taunt and harass me, asking why I am stealing peoples’ money and telling me to get another job,” the officer said.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/may/14/new-hampshire-city-suing-robin-hood-paying-parking/
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    I think it is insulting that they used the term "officer" when referring to a meter maid.

:nono:
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i have no problem with them feeding the machines....but they shouldn't be taunting the parking enforcement offices.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Anyone who spent time in Lake Geneva during PJ20 would have appreciated a group like Robin Hood and his merry men.

EFF YOU, Lake Geneva!
    81 wrote:
    i have no problem with them feeding the machines....but they shouldn't be taunting the parking enforcement offices.
    :nono:

meter maids
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin Posts: 7,365
    I didn't know taunting was crime. Unless you're in the NFL.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    And we should, as a society, be collectively shaming those who chose a profession that ruins people's days.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Jason P wrote:
    And we should, as a society, be collectively shaming those who chose a profession that ruins people's days.

Absolutely!!! let it rain though, you find them huddled in the donut shop or sleeping in some public arcade.
    Mobsters out collecting for their bosses.