Options

Bring Pearl Jam to Israel campaign

13»

Comments

• Options
    edveddedvedd Posts: 152
    I think the guys will be proud when they see this clip. Some talented young people rigth there, very cool video!
  • Options
    eladfrneladfrn Posts: 32
    Thank you all for talking about this issue.
    For us it is only about the music and we really hope that every fan of PJ in the world will have the chance to
    see them live and enjoy the magic of the concert.

The campaign continues!!!!!
    Watch this Israeli band cover Once:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTHqRC6p30I&feature=youtu.be

Have a great day you all!!

Elad
    7.7.2012 Stockholm
    20.6.2014 Milan
    22.6.2014 Trieste
    25.6.2014 Vienna
  • Options
    october22october22 Posts: 2,533
    ErezT31 wrote:
    Check out another cool cover from our friends at Bring Pearl Jam to Israel, it's made by an Israeli Rock band called The Blue Pill -
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTHqRC6p ... e=youtu.be
    If you like it, please share!

If I could write in some squigly, non-sensical hashmarks with a dot here and there it would say "Good job, guys. Especially the guitar work."
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,646
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    yosi wrote:
    and people still wondering why pj play iven flo at every goddamn show...

cos its one of the best song ever,amazing solo,music and lyrics..

awesome job and cover !
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    eladfrn wrote:
    Watch as 40 kids from Israel sing Alive by Pearl Jam in an effort to Bring Pearl Jam to Israel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v-ShaFpiVE
    magic!!kudos to young people!!!
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    and no question,i support every fan of the band want to see them live in their country

no matter the color of their skin,their nationality,the god they believe in,their political bilieves..

good job from fellow fans of Israel..if pj play there ill be there with my Greek Flag and wearing a fuckin peace shirt..
  • Options
    Tom KTom K Posts: 842
    Very cool campaign..keep up the work...

In 2005 I bought a ticket to the Montreal show from a Israeli woman..I forget your name but you traveled to NA to see some shows..Are you still on the board?
    I'm gone ..Long gone..This time I'm letting go of it all...So long...Cause this time I'm gone
  • Options
    cmm6734cmm6734 Houston, TX Posts: 569
    Their videos are pretty amazing. The kid that did the solo for Alive killed it! I really hope PJ will play Israel, it will further the idea that I need to visit there. I'll support the cause!
    40+ shows, it is never enough!
  • Options
    ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887
    How about a real tour of the U.S. before going off to play in a war zone. :mrgreen:
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

• Options
    ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887
    pjambama wrote:
    Jane's Addiction just played in israel in 2011. These kids did an awesome job performing alive by pearl jam. I think PJ should play israel. The kids performaning PJ was the best performance i've seen since george mason playing rage. I would go to Israel to see Pearl Jam without hesitation.

No excuses Jane's Addiction played there . Like Nike and Jordan said Just do it.......

http://youtu.be/SOMbRRGuhO0

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/janes-add ... 0c926.html

Jane’s Addiction Setlist at Exhibition Grounds, Tel Aviv, Israel
    Sep

image by last.fm
    Artist
    Jane’s Addiction Artist statistics Add setlist
    Venue
    Exhibition Grounds, Tel Aviv, Israel
    Edit Setlist
    Whores
    Ain't No Right
    Just Because
    Ted, Just Admit It...
    Been Caught Stealing
    End to the Lies
    Up the Beach
    Ocean Size
    Three Days
    Mountain Song
    Stop!
    Encore:
    Jane Says

Short set, just over an hour. :mrgreen:
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

• Options
    goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,301
    eladfrn wrote:
    Watch as 40 kids from Israel sing Alive by Pearl Jam in an effort to Bring Pearl Jam to Israel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v-ShaFpiVE
    That was awesome! You can almost picture the smile on Mike's face when that kid stood up and rocked the hell out of the solo. :clap: I hope the band have seen this as I think they'd really like it.

I really hope Israel gets a PJ show one day
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    Hmmmm... I don't actually 'know' Eddie Vedder... but, I'm pretty sure he speaks his mind... from time to time. Chances are, he will say something that he feels and believes... that some people won't like hearing.
    Maybe it's best that they play in Europe so the Israeli Pearl Jam fans (that know Eddie might voice an unpopular opinion that some people will take personally) and they can vacation in Italy or something.
    I hear Italy is beautiful.
    P.S. Great job kids... maybe the campaign should be for Israeli people to raise money via donations to send those kids to a Pearl Jam concert... here. Or Italy.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,646
    Cosmo wrote:
    Hmmmm... I don't actually 'know' Eddie Vedder... but, I'm pretty sure he speaks his mind... from time to time. Chances are, he will say something that he feels and believes... that some people won't like hearing.
    Maybe it's best that they play in Europe so the Israeli Pearl Jam fans (that know Eddie might voice an unpopular opinion that some people will take personally) and they can vacation in Italy or something.
    P.S. Great job kids... maybe the campaign should be for Israeli people to raise money via donations to send those kids to a Pearl Jam concert... here. Or Italy.

Except that there are many more Israeli fans outside of these kids, and many of them probably can't afford to vacation in Europe. That's why it would be awesome for them if they could get a show in their home country (and I believe this to be true for fans anywhere in the world).
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    YieldToNothingYieldToNothing Posts: 3,667
    the group sent me a bunch of stickers and posters so if anyone going to wrigley wants to help rasie awareness, send me a pm.

i'll be handing out stickers all weekend
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    yosi wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:

Except that there are many more Israeli fans outside of these kids, and many of them probably can't afford to vacation in Europe. That's why it would be awesome for them if they could get a show in their home country (and I believe this to be true for fans anywhere in the world).
    I agree, Sir.. but, you know (being a Pearl Jam Fan yourself) that Eddie often times voices his political opinions from the stage. I think that maybe... if he voices his political views in your part of the globe, it might not go over too well. People in the audience take that shit way too personal... sort of like some of the people here did in Denver and New York.
    You and I understand that it is simply a personally held political view and it does not mean that anyone with an opposing view is evil or stupid or wrong or the enemy or should die... they are simply, someone that does not agree with our point of view. But, there are those that aren't like you and me and take that shit as a personal attack.
    For example... what if Pearl Jam DOES go to Israel... but, decides to play in your occupied territories? Would that be acceptable? I'm guessing, not so much and the whole thing would get real ugly... real fast.
    It think it's best that Pearl Jam steer clear of that minefield until y'all over there can settle your adversarial differences with reasoned dialogue, not destruction and death.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,213
    that was awesome.
  • Options
    usamamasan1usamamasan1 Posts: 4,695
    I think pearl jam should play Israel too

Wicked idea. Long overdue.

Well played!
    Woot
  • Options
    eladfrneladfrn Posts: 32
    Cosmo wrote:
    I agree, Sir.. but, you know (being a Pearl Jam Fan yourself) that Eddie often times voices his political opinions from the stage. I think that maybe... if he voices his political views in your part of the globe, it might not go over too well. People in the audience take that shit way too personal... sort of like some of the people here did in Denver and New York.
    You and I understand that it is simply a personally held political view and it does not mean that anyone with an opposing view is evil or stupid or wrong or the enemy or should die... they are simply, someone that does not agree with our point of view. But, there are those that aren't like you and me and take that shit as a personal attack.
    For example... what if Pearl Jam DOES go to Israel... but, decides to play in your occupied territories? Would that be acceptable? I'm guessing, not so much and the whole thing would get real ugly... real fast.
    It think it's best that Pearl Jam steer clear of that minefield until y'all over there can settle your adversarial differences with reasoned dialogue, not destruction and death.

Hi,

Poeple can come and go to the occupied territories as there wish so there will be no problem for Pearl Jam to play a concert there. So, if there are PJ fans in the west bank they can raise their voices and call the band to play there too ( and that will be actually amazing!! :D ).
    7.7.2012 Stockholm
    20.6.2014 Milan
    22.6.2014 Trieste
    25.6.2014 Vienna
  • Options
    rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    the group sent me a bunch of stickers and posters so if anyone going to wrigley wants to help rasie awareness, send me a pm.

:clap::clap: :thumbup:
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • Options

awesome!!
  • Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    That Alive performance was the BEST thing of today. Man..... I'm just AMPED right now.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    AndGabAndGab Posts: 29
    You can't talk about a show in Israel without turning it in to a (political) debate until...
    foxhound wrote:
    Hope no debates will evolve here as our only wish (that later became our primary goal for the last couple of months) is to see our beloved band playing in our home court.

This is all to it folks. Almost all of us saw PJ on their tours atleast once, and for a change, it'll be nice to host/have them here ;)
  • Options
    AndGabAndGab Posts: 29
    eladfrn wrote:
    Cosmo wrote:

Hi,

Poeple can come and go to the occupied territories as there wish so there will be no problem for Pearl Jam to play a concert there. So, if there are PJ fans in the west bank they can raise their voices and call the band to play there too ( and that will be actually amazing!! :D ).

A PJ show in Hebron with Orphaned Land as an opening act ;) I'd go to that show