Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,754
    Maybe we need a new forum category.

The Shooting Gallery?
    The Shooting-of-the-week Club?
    Gunorama?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Dipshit-o-rama.

I just don't get what pushes someone toward this, toward so much of what's happened lately.

Makes me want to hug my guy and give him a smooch on the cheek, and administer some loving toward our kitties too. Spread some loving around, I guess.
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,175
    well i'll be damned, another mass shooting....

what a shock... :roll:

:fp:
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    "street violence" :?
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    It's becoming so common, why bother comment on it? A "new normal"...
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,930
    I'm surprised this isn't a bigger story. At a mothers day parade? What kind of animal does this?

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    the victims and family members should be allowed to exacute punnishment in a public forum,I think that would make these wackos think before they act out their violence.

Godfather.
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    JimmyV wrote:
    I'm surprised this isn't a bigger story.

Unfortunately, as Jeanwah touched upon, these shootings are becoming so common that people are a bit 'blasé' about them. Maybe a heavy sigh, some anger/questions but can't seem to muster the outrage that these shootings call for. All too banal now.... Very sad state of affairs.
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    Jeanwah wrote:
    It's becoming so common, why bother comment on it? A "new normal"...

it is now call Sunday in the US.....or any other day that ends in day...:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pOiOhxujsE
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,310
    Yeah another day in the neighborhood with some shootings no biggie this is the new norm and it will be for ever , just arm yourselves when ever you set foot outside there are guns everywhere and on everybody .....Yehawwwwwwwww yehawwwwwwww
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Yeah another day in the neighborhood with some shootings no biggie this is the new norm and it will be for ever , just arm yourselves when ever you set foot outside there are guns everywhere and on everybody .....Yehawwwwwwwww yehawwwwwwww

:lol::lol::lol: yer catchin on ol buddy. :lol::lol:

Godfather.
  • Options
    Sorry Godfather, but I don't think the :lol::lol::lol: are very appropriate here. I know josevolution was being a bit flippant to highlight a major issue. Though your response may be some sarcasm that has just gone over my head. If so, I apologise for this chastisement.
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    I'm still waiting for one of these shootings to be ended prematurely by someone with a concealed handgun.

Even though that's one of the biggest talking points for the pro-gun crowd, it NEVER seems to happen that one of the upstanding, law-abiding citizens comes to the rescue with his guns.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    frickin people done lost their marbles long ago. most probably we've never had many marbles to begin with.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    mikepegg44mikepegg44 Posts: 3,353
    know1 wrote:
    I'm still waiting for one of these shootings to be ended prematurely by someone with a concealed handgun.

Even though that's one of the biggest talking points for the pro-gun crowd, it NEVER seems to happen that one of the upstanding, law-abiding citizens comes to the rescue with his guns.

well if it is a legally permitted parade in Louisiana it probably falls under this

PROHIBITED LOCATIONS
    R.S. 40:1379.3 (N) states that no concealed handgun may be carried into and no concealed handgun permit issued pursuant to this Section shall authorize or entitle a permittee to carry a concealed handgun in any of the following:
    A law enforcement office, station, or building;
    A detention facility, prison, or jail;
    A courthouse or courtroom, provided that a judge may carry such a weapon in his own courtroom;
    A polling place;
    A meeting place of the governing authority of a political subdivision;
    The state capitol building;
    Any portion of an airport facility where the carrying of firearms is prohibited under federal law, except that no person shall be prohibited from carrying any legal firearm into the terminal, if the firearm is encased for shipment, for the purpose of checking such firearm as lawful baggage;
    Any church, synagogue, mosque or similar place of worship; See RS 40:1379.3 (U)
    A parade or demonstration for which a permit is issued by a governmental entity;
    Any portion of the permitted area of an establishment that has been granted a Class A-General retail permit, as defined in Part II of Chapter 1 or Part II of Chapter 2 of Title 26 of the Louisiana Revised Statutes of 1950, to sell alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises.
    Any school "firearm free zone" as defined in R.S. 14:95.6.

these incidents happen in gun free zones quite a bit. But you are right, it sure would be nice if someone would stop these assholes...
    that’s right! Can’t we all just get together and focus on our real enemies: monogamous gays and stem cells… - Ned Flanders
    It is terrifying when you are too stupid to know who is dumb
    - Joe Rogan
  • Options
    know1 wrote:

In a crowd like that maybe a concealed carrier would not draw. He could be mistaken as a
    another shooter or hit a bystander in the confusion. But often licensed to carry folk
    are ready to get involved. They will run towards the gunfire when other's natural reaction
    is to flee. They will do what they can to stop the gunman.
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    Sorry Godfather, but I don't think the :lol::lol::lol: are very appropriate here. I know josevolution was being a bit flippant to highlight a major issue. Though your response may be some sarcasm that has just gone over my head. If so, I apologise for this chastisement.

it was joke with Jose about gun ownership, his comment about arming everybody that leaves their homes was sarcasim so I jokingly posted "now yer catching on ol buddy" and the :lol::lol::lol: was no way intended for or aimed at the victims of this shooting but thanks for a curtious check and reply on my post.

Godfather.
  • Options
    My mistake Godfather. Been a long day at work...
  • Options
    Godfather. wrote:
    redrock wrote:

it was joke with Jose about gun ownership, his comment about arming everybody that leaves their homes was sarcasim so I jokingly posted "now yer catching on ol buddy" and the :lol::lol::lol: was no way intended for or aimed at the victims of this shooting but thanks for a curtious check and reply on my post.

Godfather.

Yeah you knew exactly what my aim was ... :lol:
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    redrock wrote:
    JimmyV wrote:
    I'm surprised this isn't a bigger story.

Unfortunately, as Jeanwah touched upon, these shootings are becoming so common that people are a bit 'blasé' about them. Maybe a heavy sigh, some anger/questions but can't seem to muster the outrage that these shootings call for. All too banal now.... Very sad state of affairs.

Soon, people are going to be so desensitized that we'll all be walking around in a fog and a gun in our pocket. (by then, I'll be living somewhere else, that's for sure.) ;)
  • Options
    redrock wrote:
    My mistake Godfather. Been a long day at work...

happy monday my friend.

Godfather.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,930
    I mean I am surprised it isn't a bigger story because it sounds like this parade was targeted. This wasn't thugs shooting at each other and creating a crossfire, this was the deliberate targeting of the parade and its spectators. Isn't that terrorism? The shooters may not be jihadists but they are certainly terrorists if they targeted that parade.

It seems like it should be a bigger story.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    chadwick wrote:
    frickin people done lost their marbles long ago. most probably we've never had many marbles to begin with.

Exactly Chadwick, people are so desensitized and have no morals anymore. To take someone's life isn't a big deal anymore. How people think they'll get away with it boggles my mind....
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    pandora wrote:
    know1 wrote:

In a crowd like that maybe a concealed carrier would not draw. He could be mistaken as a
    another shooter or hit a bystander in the confusion. But often licensed to carry folk
    are ready to get involved. They will run towards the gunfire when other's natural reaction

unless it is a crowd. so would you then agree that the NRA response to the newton shooting of having a person with a gun in the school would not solve the problem as schools have crowds?
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    JimmyV wrote:
    I mean I am surprised it isn't a bigger story because it sounds like this parade was targeted. This wasn't thugs shooting at each other and creating a crossfire, this was the deliberate targeting of the parade and its spectators. Isn't that terrorism? The shooters may not be jihadists but they are certainly terrorists if they targeted that parade.

It seems like it should be a bigger story.

It should be. This country doesn't give a fuck and a half about the poor, minorities or urban violence (until it impacts white people) unless it results in a vote.

See the Republicans sudden interest in immigration reform
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    pandora wrote:
    know1 wrote:

In ANY Mass shooting, drawing a gun would probably make someone a suspect.

All I'm saying is that argument that people with concealed weapons could stop these things is pure BS. They NEVER stop them. Or at least I've never heard of it happening.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    know1 wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    know1 wrote:

In ANY Mass shooting, drawing a gun would probably make someone a suspect.

All I'm saying is that argument that people with concealed weapons could stop these things is pure BS. They NEVER stop them. Or at least I've never heard of it happening.
    I don't like absolutes like NEVER.
    It might be more like a 711 robbery or something similar. Although we know
    if one could take a shooter by surprise before it becomes chaotic in a public place
    that would be the way to go. Let's hope for that. Whether that is concealed carry,
    security guard, or off duty police officer right?
  • Options
    fife wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    know1 wrote:

unless it is a crowd.so would you then agree that the NRA response to the newton shooting of having a person with a gun in the school would not solve the problem as schools have crowds?
    I am for the lifting of gun free zones better known as sitting duck spaces.

The lady under the desk hiding could have stopped the shooter, she lay at his feet,
    the principal could have if prepared. A couple of resource officers at different posts
    most likely would have. At least that is a fighting chance and that is all we have when
    terror stikes.
  • Options
    The goal of our society should be " Not to live in fear " not to have to worry about when the next shooting will occur instead we have "More guns make us feel safer mentality " ....So that means more guns = more deaths ...I don't care how you paint that picture more guns = more dead people ....You can arm every teacher from here to El PASO the results will be the same ....
  • Options
    The goal of our society should be " Not to live in fear " not to have to worry about when the next shooting will occur instead we have "More guns make us feel safer mentality " ....So that means more guns = more deaths ...I don't care how you paint that picture more guns = more dead people ....You can arm every teacher from here to El PASO the results will be the same ....
    Are you for the all out banning of all guns Jose ... to remove the right for US citizens to own guns?

But there are still criminals, crime, those who live off of others, predators.
    That is not going anywhere. There are still those who are mentally unbalanced,
    vengeful, or who hate. It seems logical to me to remove that first and see how many guns
    remain because that is the reason we have the new gun owners we do as of late.