What's Your Current Rig?

xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
edited October 2013 in Musicians and Gearheads
Some of you know how outrageous my old rig was. Since I've only been playing around church, my rig has been slimmed down BIG TIME!

Guitars:
Epiphone LP-100
Epiphone SG Custom Shop G-400

Amps:
Fender Roc Pro 700 (for bigger services)
Fender Frontman 25R

Pedals:
Ernie Ball VP jr.
BOSS TU-2 Tuner
Ibanes TS-5 Tube Screamer (modded switch)
BBE Soulvibe Rotary Unit (modded)
Digitech XD Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Dunlop JD-4S Rotovibe (modded)
DOD Ice Box Chorus FX64

I mainly play with the youth praise band (as they seem to have more upbeat songs). With the adult praise band, I've been known to jam on some secular songs with the drummer (great guy). Between services it isn't uncommon to hear "Little Wing", "Yellow Ledbetter", "Kick Out the Jams", or something of the like.

What rigs are you all running?
Grand Rapids '04, Detroit '06
JEFF HARDY AND JEFF AMENT USED TO LOOK THE SAME
"Pearl Jam always eases my mind and fires me up at the same time.”-Jeff Hardy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• The Bass Rig:

Late 2000's American Standard P-Bass
    mid 90's '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (Finally took off the flat wounds, and put on just a pure nickle wound set)
    (now I do get my Jag bass out once in a while or a Peavey T-20 and a T-40 that I use once in a while for a change of scenery.

Fulltone Bass Drive
    Radial Engineering BigShot EFX Effects Loop
    Electro Harmonix Germanium OD
    Peavey Chorus (Some early 80's pedal)
    Boss TU-2 Tuner

The effects loop is for two songs where I run the OD and the chorus together at the same time for parts on a song. So both effects are on, and I just use the selector on the Radial Pedal. This was back when I would use the Fulltone as my main Drive pedal. But now after using this set up for a few months, I use the OD pedal for my drive 90% of the time. So I actually need to re do my board to reflect this.

70's Fender Bassman 50 watt (yes 50 watts, yes it's more then enough power).
    early 2000 4x10 Ampeg cabinet loaded with Weber heavy speakers.

Or a Mid 2000 6x10 Ampeg cabinet.

The guitar rig is currently in shambles. I have my pedal board that I need to get some free time to put together. But it involves a bunch of OD and fuzz pedals and a Disaster Amps midi controller/ switcher.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • I'll bite....love rig talk

Guitars:
    Gibson ES-335 Dot
    Fender Tele Plus
    Gibson Les Paul Classic
    Fender American Standard Tele

Amp:
    Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Pedals:
    Cry Baby
    MXR Custom Badass modied OD
    MXR 78 Badass Distortion
    MXR MicroAmp
    Boss Tremolo
    Boss DD-3
    Boss TU-3

Looking to upgrade the amp...want some better dirt
    Toronto - 1996, 2005, 2006, 2009, 2011 1 & 2.
    Buffalo - 2010
  • brianjonesbrianjones Posts: 236
    Les Paul studio '06
    Godin G series
    Ibanez EW

Bugera V5

Cry Baby hendrix
    Vox Time machine
    Big muff tone wicker
    TS9dx
    Boss RC3
    Korg Pitchblack
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 Posts: 23,170
    edited May 2013
    this is my gig rig. i have a bunch more stuff but this is what i play out.

1974 50 watt Marshall JMP
    early 2000s 4X12 Marshall angled cab with vintage 30s
    THD Hotplate 16 ohms

2002 gibson les paul standard, honeyburst
    2003 gibson les paul custom, alpine white, finally starting to yellow
    2003 gibson sg, blue/teal flip

1967 fender statocaster, blackie
    2012 fender kurt cobain jaguar

2011 cordoba uke

furman powered pedal board

boss tuner
    mr. fazedelic phaser
    budda wah
    box of rock disortion
    fulltone ocd
    fulltone plim soul
    mxr carbon copy delay
    boss chorus ensemble (my rotosphere shot craps so this is the sub)
    FORGOT to add Morpheus Droptune
    Post edited by gimmesometruth27 on
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    anyone want to post pics of their stuff as well? i don't have any pics small enough to fit, so i am gonna have to shrink them down somewhat before i can post any of them.

• GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    Current live setup:

Guitar - PRS custom 24

Amp - Fender Blues 4/10 deville

Pedals -
    Earnie Ball Jr volume > Ibanez TS9 > Pigtronix Disnortion > Whirlwind Orange Box > EH Electric Mistress > Mad Professor Deep Blue Delay > Boss RV3 > EH Holy Grail

been through a bunch of changes since our last album but so happy with this new arrangement.

edit: Boss tuner at the front end
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    8743397780_03d380978b.jpg
    Pedalboard by xtremehardy388, on Flickr

my 2009 board.
    8743397780_03d380978b.jpg
    Pedalboard by xtremehardy388, on Flickr

my 2009 board.
    i was expecting like 40 pedals lol...

;)

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    Guitars
    Electrics - 07 Gibson Les Paul Custom(Silverburst), 95 Les Paul Standard(Cherry Sunburst plaintop), 08 Fender Am Strat(Sienna Sunburst)
    Acoustics - Alvarez AD90SCK 6 string, Alvarez RD20S12 12 string

Electrics get Ernie Ball Power Slinkys(11-48) and Acoustics get Martin in the green pack
    Use Dunlop Herco Flex 75 picks and Monster Rock cables.

Pedals
    On the board - Boss TU3>Ernie Ball VPJr>Fulltone Clyde Deluxe>MJM 60s Vibe>MJM Brit Bender 2 knob>self build Gilmourish fuzzface clone(based on Skreddypedals Lunar Module)>Catalinbread Ottava Magus>OCD>self build Klon clone>Catalinbread RAH(Page Hiwatt in a box)>Ibanez FL9 flanger>Analogman ardx20 analog delay>Boss DD20>Earthquaker Devices Ghost Echo(reverb)

Pedaltrain Pro Board's powered by 2 Voodoo Labs PP+2, mix of Hosa and Planet Waves for patch cables which will get an upgrade sooner or later.

I have a Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret mk3 on the way that'll surely find a place

sideline pedals - Dunlop Rotovibe, Big Muff, cheap Morley wah, Gigfx Chopper, DOD FX40B EQ, EHX Soul Preacher comp, Small Stone, Whammy IV that I need to replace a jack and convert to true bypass

Amps
    Dr. Z Maz 18 nonreverb with Brakelight>2 1x12 Avatar Cubes with AlNiCo Blues
    Egnater Rebel 20 head
    Marshall JVM 50w 2x12 combo with Warehouse speakers greenback and g12h30 clones

Here's pics of the main stuff

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/19 ... 10653.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/85 ... 27993.jpg/
    fendersandamps2.jpg
    late 90's american strat, olympic white, 67 strat, 2012 cobain jaguar, 1994 matchless clubman, 1974 50 watt marshall jmp with thd hotplate, early 2000s marshall straight and slant cabs with vintage 30s

guitarfamily2.jpg
    gibson blue teal sg, gibson les paul custom alpine white, gibson honeyburst les paul standard, fender white strat

pedalboard2-1.jpg

my current board, minus the morpheus droptune

IMAG0204.jpg
    i always loved this pic. this is what it looks like just before we go on... my stuff is in the foreground.

i have more pics of the individual guitars but they are "too tall" :x :x

• I just want to say how much I love Honeyburst Les Pauls. Those are just gold to me...

I'm still surprised how many people put the tuner first in the chain. I honestly don't even like the wah ahead of any fuzz or overdrive.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • You all are on another level! Awesome stuff! I play a 2001 Epiphone LP Sunburst out of my one and only amp, Fender Princeton 112 from 1996. Also have a 1997 6-string Fender acoustic cut-away, and a Fender P-Bass from 2009. Have a few pedals, Blues Driver, Cry Baby Wah, unknown brand delay pedal, and a Boss ME-50 'station.' Also have a Thor drum kit with Evans heads, Sabien cymbals (assorted), bunch of Shure and EV mics (vox, condenser, instrument, kick drum), a Mackie 1202-VLZ3 mixer for recording situations.

Would love a Marshall or Fender Hot Rod some day! Great looking stuff guys!
    www.cluthelee.com
    yeah when we were playing 6-8 times a month i had money coming out of my ass. i would just save cash from shows and pay cash for gear. now we play 12 times a year. i got used to living on that money i was making, now it sucks not to have it. at some point i am going to have to sell some of my gear :(

• brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,740
    fendersandamps2.jpg
    late 90's american strat, olympic white, 67 strat, 2012 cobain jaguar, 1994 matchless clubman, 1974 50 watt marshall jmp with thd hotplate, early 2000s marshall straight and slant cabs with vintage 30s

guitarfamily2.jpg
    gibson blue teal sg, gibson les paul custom alpine white, gibson honeyburst les paul standard, fender white strat

pedalboard2-1.jpg

my current board, minus the morpheus droptune

IMAG0204.jpg
    i always loved this pic. this is what it looks like just before we go on... my stuff is in the foreground.

i have more pics of the individual guitars but they are "too tall" :x :x

Gimme- nice, nice, nice, nice! :D
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

thanks brian!

come on guys, let's see some pics!!

:D

• xtremehardy388xtremehardy388 Posts: 2,759
    Follow the link and look at the stream. That's what I got. http://s162.photobucket.com/user/xtreme ... 1.jpg.html. Some pretty old pics, though.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,740
    Follow the link and look at the stream. That's what I got. http://s162.photobucket.com/user/xtreme ... 1.jpg.html. Some pretty old pics, though.

Cool stuff! Love that shot on the ladder- very cool!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Guitars:

Fender MIJ ´62 Telecaster reissue. Sunburst. 2004.
    Fender Custom Shop Heavy Relic 1959 Stratocaster
    Gibson Les Paul Goddess Violet Burst
    Epiphone Dot Candyapple Red

Amp:

Vox AC30

Effects:

TC Electronic G-system
    Strymon Timeline
    Greenhouse Effects Golddrive
    BYOC Big Muff Clone
    T-rex Mudhoney II
    OLC Chunky Cheese
    2x Boss FV-500 volume/exp. pedals

Sorry about the image quality. It was the only ones I had right now. :p

zOgBktA.jpg
    5uRDeE3.jpg
  • brianlux wrote:

Cool stuff! Love that shot on the ladder- very cool!
    I just looked through that stream and realized how young I was and how much things in life have changed! WOW