Options

my version of werchter

european faneuropean fan Posts: 33
edited July 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
hi everyone,

just back from werchter, i've been reading some of the fanviews on the pearl jam show and i'm really surprised people think the crowd reaction wasn't that great, i must say i was pretty close to the stage (where the tv cameras where) but i, and my friends were overwhelmed by the crowd and how well it all went.
anyway it was an amazing show and having been there for the full four days i can honestly say the only other band to get such an intense appreciation from the crowd was metallica.
after the pj show people kept singing the songs in the camping zones and the next days lots of people wore pj tshirts, they were one of the most worn in the remaining days.
i feel that pj unquestionnably conquered that place, it was quite simply magical.
thank you so much for giving us such a great show.
Marseille 09/09/06, Paris 11/09/06,wembley 18/06/07, werchter 07
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AngusAngus Posts: 376
    you're right that they are definitely way more popular in Belgium than I thought they were. And you're right that the crowd definitely enjoyed and loved it. But sometimes the crowd participation during some lesser known songs was pretty poor. AFter the gig, from fans & non-fans, I've heard nothing but good reactions. Television, newspapers, radio, it goes from phenomenal to legendary. So nice to read. :)

Also, I can't really blame the big crowd for not knowing Smile & Gods' dice by heart.
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29
  • Options
    I was in the middle, center.
    Nobody (except on ALive) was singing, shouting, dancing, clapping etc...
    A shame.
    I was the only one, so that's why people around me thought I was mad.
    :)

In comparizon, i've listened to the Paris 2006 boot.... and you can hear and feel the whole crowd roaring as soon as the gig began !!

Well, the fact that the crowd in werchter was not "reactive" (apart from the very front) was not a problem for me.

I enjoyed it a lot anyway !!
    Still waiting for a gig in Paris (in a venue not a festival) since 2006...
    Spin, spin !!

Marseille + Paris 2006
    London + Werchter 2007
    Arras + Belfast 2010
    Arras 2012
    Paris Lollapalooza 2022
  • Options
    AngusAngus Posts: 376
    Also,
    Werchter is a festival,
    I mean, lots of people are already there from the day before and will be there for another 2 days. I've been there enough for 4 days to know that you simply can't put too much energy in a show or you're dead for the next few days. :)
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29
  • Options
    MirellaMirella Posts: 242
    I think I'm just lucky knowing Lowlands and Roskilde. Both are festivals as well, but with lots more shown happiness and enthusiasm in the crowds. Even if it's the last night.
    I don't blame Belgium because there were people from all around the world at Werchter. But it was just lame at places. Not in the front, and not at the spots the cameras zoomed into. But pretty near the stage during No More I was the only one singing. Same for even the wildest songs, apart from Alive.
    Next time I'll try and sing even louder as an example for the people who are probably too shy to sing until they are back at the camping ;).

groetjes,
    Mirella :)
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
  • Options
    vedder_soupvedder_soup Posts: 5,860
    i was back a little near the sound booth, and the crowd was pretty poor. the good thing was that they gave me and sailorgirlie lots and lots of room to dance and rock out and in general go crazy!
    crowd was really into it for alive though.

I had a great time at the show though!
    2003 - Sydney x3,
    2006 - Reading Festival,
    2007 - Katowice, London, Nijmegen, Rock Werchter,
    2008 - MSG x2, Hartford, Mansfield x2, Beacon Theater,
    2009 - Melbourne, Sydney,
    2010 - I watched it go to fire!
    2011 - EV Brisbane x3, Newcastle, Sydney x3,
    2012 - Manchester x 2, Amsterdam x2, Prague, Berlin x2, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen,
    2014 - Sydney, EV Sydney x3

I wave to all my Friends... Yeah!