Options

Uke SOLD

STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
edited May 2013 in Lost Dogs
Lanikai LU-21 Standard Ukulele Rosewood Fretboard

p46996.jpg
Played a few times.

85 including shipping for the U.S.

I only accept paypal. I need to sell it before 5/12/2013.... to pay for a Jimmy Eat World vinyl.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Damn... I do need another uke... mine fell apart.

Not that I could really play it anyway :lol:
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    I can not play at all, and I'm the original owner. :oops: *sighs. I might go sell it to Guitar Center.

reviews....

This ukulele changed my life...
    As reviewed by Evan on 3/6/2011

Thinking about buying this ukulele? BUY THIS UKULELE! A lot of people complain about them going out of tune. They do definitely go out of tune more than a guitar but it gradually gets better and better the more you play it. Someone else somewhere said something about the strings setting in and making it stay in tune? I have no clue what that means but I suppose it's true. If you have fat fingers, you might not want to get a soprano (standard) uke as these things are tiny. It is very hard to play standing up as it has no strap and the pressure of your fingers on the frets moves the whole thing around. Try a concert (alto) uke if you have a case of the sausage fingers. I bring this thing everywhere with me now. It's a fun little songwriting tool and nothing can beat taking it on a hike or a walk and having a little outdoor jam. It's the most fun you'll ever have. I suggest you cash out your home equity and buy several thousand of them

As reviewed by Lucas on 8/24/2011

I?ve been a guitar player for more than 15 years, spending a lot of time doing punk, hardcore, noise rock and metal. The distortion is almost always on ?10? and the volume is usually cranked. But sometimes you want a different approach to interacting with your instruments. Maybe you heard some solo Eddie Vedder or had a nice day at the beach and thought, ?You know? Volume is great, but it?s not everything.? If that resonates with you, try stepping into the world of ukulele playing. And when doing so, start here with the LU-21C. You?ll quickly see that the uke responds better to a calm touch ? it?s a bright, encouraging little instrument that has a sweet, natural character. If you?re a guitar player like me, consider it to be like going from playfully wrestling a black lab to gently playing with a puppy. Precious, to be sure, but rewarding as well. I made the transition to the uke via the Yamaha Guitalele (which I also reviewed on this site), and I?m glad I didn?t stop halfway. Learning on the LU-21C has given me a good testing ground to delve deeper. With a few basic transpositions (think of the 4-stringed uke as the bottom 4 strings of a guitar, pitched up to the 5th fret, with the ?low? string set an octave higher) it doesn?t take long to go from shredding a strat to plucking out melodies on the Lanikai. I genuinely love this instrument, but after only a month, I realize its limitations. It doesn?t hold tune exceptionally well (remedy: get one of those Snark clip-on tuners and keep it with you at all times). And the intonation isn?t spot on. In short, I need more. I?ll probably upgrade to a Lanikai zebrawood acoustic/electric with a cutaway in the near future ? until then, I?ll be happy with this inexpensive little gem. For the price and the pros (nice sound, easy playability and handsome looks), you won?t be disappointed with the LU-21C, even if you decide it?s not your bag. If you play this uke and hate it, you?re only out a hundred bucks. On the other hand, if you like it and want to keep going, you?ll want to upgrade sooner rather than later. It?s an okay hobby instrument, if you?re into just having a lukewarm approach to playing (which is, of course, totally fine). But in any case, it?s a good, affordable and decently-constructed bridge into a larger world of playing that rewards the patient practitioner looking to carve out something unique and ? can I say it? ? even beautiful.