Options

24 may return to TV!

Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
edited May 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Great news for everyone who enjoyed the "Jack Bauer Power Hour"

http://www.deadline.com/2013/05/24-eyes ... -in-talks/

The clock may start ticking again on Fox. I’ve learned that the network is looking to bring back its signature real-time drama 24 as a limited series. Kiefer Sutherland is in talks to reprise his Emmy-winning role as Agent Jack Bauer. No deals are in place, but Fox is eying 24 as part of its recent push in limited event series. Since 24 ended its eight-season run on Fox in 2010, there have been efforts to continue the story as a feature, which ultimately didn’t take off. I hear the idea to do another 24 chapter on TV came from longtime 24 showrunner Howard Gordon, now executive producer on Showtime’s Homeland. I hear he pitched the plan, which would start from scratch with a new story arc, to 24 producers 20th Century Fox TV and studio-based Imagine TV as well as Fox, which all jumped on board. Gordon will likely executive produce through his 20th TV-based company Teakwood Lane. In addition to Homeland, Gordon executive produces the newly picked up TNT series Legends and high-profile FX pilot Tyrant, which is being directed by Ang Lee. Sutherland most recently starred on the Fox/20th TV drama Touch, which is being cancelled after two seasons. The original 24 was created by Joel Surnow and Bob Cochran, who executive produced with Gordon, Brian Grazer, Sutherland, Evan Katz and Tony Krantz. At the 2006 Emmys, the show won five Emmys, including best drama series and best actor in a drama series for Sutherland.

UPDATE: Former 24 executive producer David Fury said on Twitter that he also is involved in the reboot. “I’m pulling double duty along with Tyrant,” he wrote.
2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Never seen it.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Milwaukee Posts: 3,508
    As much as I think this is one of the best shows ever made for TV I thought they ended it quite well. I hope this doesn't happen.

On the other hand.... Bring on that movie they've been talking about. Loved to see what Jack Bauer would do without TV censorship.
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Never seen it.
    You're not missing much. I watched one season and it was ok
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Never seen it.

:roll:
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:
    JK_Livin wrote:
    Never seen it.

:roll:
    Don't roll your eyes at me.
  • Options
    You're lucky. Jack Bauer would dig them out with a dull, rusty spoon.
  • Options
    As much as I think this is one of the best shows ever made for TV I thought they ended it quite well. I hope this doesn't happen.

On the other hand.... Bring on that movie they've been talking about. Loved to see what Jack Bauer would do without TV censorship.

Yeah, the first few seasons were the best of course. I also thought season 5 was really solid, 6 was pretty bad and the last 2 were okay..kind've tired and predictable at places, but still fun to watch. Unfortunately, I read that deals couldn't be reached for the 24 movie and that it wasn't happening (for now). I think it would be fun to revisit the 24 world after the writers have had a break from Jack/CTU for a few years. It sounds like this would be a limited series/miniseries so maybe the plot of the movie (which I think is written) spread out over a few episodes. Could be good! :D
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Yeah, there is only so many times LA can be almost blown up. I believe he doesn't have a beef with the Native American Indians.
  • Options
    Yeah, there is only so many times LA can be almost blown up. I believe he doesn't have a beef with the Native American Indians.

They did move to DC at the end and had some other threats. I thought that helped. And they actually did blow up part of LA in one season didnt they? The hotel arc at the end of season 3 was very well done, IMO. I think season 5 also had another type of threat from what I recall as did some of the other seasons.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,255
    I loved 24 but I don't know what more they can do.
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    :yawn:
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I learned to love that show... one of JB's favorites

I'd give it a try again
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    i made it to season 3, Alias was Better
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    NO!!!!! :x

What would they do to Touch? I love that show, and Kiefer is the main character.

nope, can't happen...unless they can get

FUCK!

now I looked it up, and they cancelled Touch TODAY. :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    24 is still making new episodes. It's just called "Touch" now after Bauer had his memory wiped and a fake family was put in his brain.

Damnit...
  • Options
    voidofman wrote:
    24 is still making new episodes. It's just called "Touch" now after Bauer had his memory wiped and a fake family was put in his brain.

Damnit...

I watched the pilot of that show. After Jack got punched ONE time and fell down and couldn't get up I changed the channel never to watch again.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,746
    mca47 wrote:
    I loved 24 but I don't know what more they can do.

Yep. It definitely went on 2-3 seasons too long and got pretty ridiculous with all the crazy plot twists. Hoping the movie thing will work out.
  • Options
    It's official. Returning next year 12 episodes

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... announces/
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:

Not sure how I feel about this.

This was probably my favorite show ever. I like Jack walking off the grid to live his life at peace. He's done enough. They'll probably kill him off. If that happenes I'll riot.

Yup, I'm mad now.
  • Options
    LloydXmas wrote:

Not sure how I feel about this.

This was probably my favorite show ever. I like Jack walking off the grid to live his life at peace. He's done enough. They'll probably kill him off. If that happenes I'll riot.

Yup, I'm mad now.

Yeah, I'll definitely check it out and probably watch the entire season just because it's "24".
    That said, it got pretty stale those last couple of seasons. Same shit, different scenario.
    Interestingly, Homeland on Showtime (same creator/director/producer...not such which it is) does Homeland and did 24. You can see the similarities in the two. Season 2 of Homeland got stale too. It was basically just 24 with swearing and a CIA agent instead of a "CTU" agent.

We'll see...
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,746
    mca47 wrote:
    Yeah, I'll definitely check it out and probably watch the entire season just because it's "24".
    That said, it got pretty stale those last couple of seasons. Same shit, different scenario.
    Interestingly, Homeland on Showtime (same creator/director/producer...not such which it is) does Homeland and did 24. You can see the similarities in the two. Season 2 of Homeland got stale too. It was basically just 24 with swearing and a CIA agent instead of a "CTU" agent.

We'll see...

Yeah, the last 2 seasons were a bit much. Jack was always a rogue agent, multiple moles, etc...

But yeah, I'll still watch it. Hopefully the fact that it's only 12 episodes will improve the quality.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:

We'll see...

Yeah, the last 2 seasons were a bit much. Jack was always a rogue agent, multiple moles, etc...

But yeah, I'll still watch it. Hopefully the fact that it's only 12 episodes will improve the quality.

Crap, I forgot it was 24 episodes! :o
    :fp: :lol:
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    This show was good when we didn't have so many cable network shows, AMC, FX, etc. It seems like the regular TV networks just can't compete. Though I love Jack, so will give it an opportunity, just not expecting much from regular TV anymore as I don't believe I watch any of the big network TV shows anymore and I love TV.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,887
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD