Options

I played it at 7:30 asshole....

3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I love Eddie!

Lets discuss last nights show.....
A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Kevin WilsonKevin Wilson Posts: 333
    Yeah that was great!! That robert pollard was freakin wasted too! I loved to here lbc, green disease, wishlist and i thought crazy mary was the highlight with boom just blowin the roof off the joint and wow they even played till 11:20 that is unheard of in cincy usually its lights on at 11 or sooner! I guess we should thank cincy for letting them play late!
    Makes much more sense.................
    To Live......................
    In the present tense.
  • Options
    possomistspossomists Posts: 427
    can you explain the 730 reference?
    "you can say that we're, nocturnal, posssomists"
    -ed july 8th MSG 2004
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    possomists wrote:
    can you explain the 730 reference?

ed played the kids are alright as the pre-set song at 7:30...the guy holding the sign asking for them to play it obviously wasn't there at 7:30 to hear it...that's what Ed was referencing...it may have been the same guy that threw the Rolling Stone up on stage...but I wasn't close enough to see if it was.

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    greenampgreenamp Posts: 17
    Yeah that was funny. Was also funny when Ed tried to get his bottle of wine passing around the front row during crazy mary, but the a$$hole he gave it to didn't pass it on, of course. lol
  • Options
    jamitjamit Posts: 49
    Yea the setlist was dissapointing. Minor detail for me considering it was my first show.

The sound could have been better. I was side stage on mike's side and I could hardly hear his solos. Bleh.

It just left me wanting MORE MORE MORE!!!
    YOU ARE..FAITHFULL, but no TREMOR CHRIST, and there's a DEAD MAN..GIVEN TO FLY

"I feel the same way about disco as I do herpes" -Hunter S. Thompson
  • Options
    jamit wrote:
    Yea the setlist was dissapointing.

Although I do respect your opinion, I have to disagree. I thought the set list was awesome! We got a little bit of everything--old and new. I left feeling positively euphoric.

and the "We played it at 7:30, asshole," was fantastic! I was still laughing about it this morning.
    ~A compliment for us, is a compliment for you.~

• Options
    goat boygoat boy Posts: 8
    how about matts drum solo in even flow
  • Options
    mozman88mozman88 Posts: 38
    Although I do respect your opinion, I have to disagree. I thought the set list was awesome! We got a little bit of everything--old and new. I left feeling positively euphoric.

and the "We played it at 7:30, asshole," was fantastic! I was still laughing about it this morning.

I thought it was a great selist too. I w ould have gladly traded Wishlist and/or Green Disease for any other song, but overall I thought it was great.

2000 - Indianapolis(8/18)
    2003 - Champaign(4/23), Indianapolis(6/22),
    Columbus(6/24), Hershey(7/12)
    2006 - Chicago (5/16), Chicago (5/17), Cincinnati (6/24)
    2007 - Vic -Chicago (8/2), Lollapalooza - Chicago (8/5)
  • Options
    Very unexpected...usually McCready gets all the love in Evenflow...
    ~A compliment for us, is a compliment for you.~

• Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    Although I do respect your opinion, I have to disagree.

I thought the same thing. I just read over it and was pretty impressed. Lots of stuff I wouldn't expect to be a "slam dunk" song at a show.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    I thought the same thing. I just read over it and was pretty impressed. Lots of stuff I wouldn't expect to be a "slam dunk" song at a show.

The crowd made the show. Bottom line. This was a Philly crowd that got a warm-up show setlist. But to each his own. It's all about the energy, and the crowd and band had plenty of it.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,941
    fuck, you guys in this thread have definately sold me on this shows BOOTLEG. can't wait to hear all this stuff, specially the evenflow drum solo. tell me about it now....
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18
  • Options
    dkfan9dkfan9 Posts: 75
    Even Flow drum solo was great.

I was in sec. 105(and 106 sometimes) and everyone around me was completely into every song. I don't see the setlist complaints. I loved the setlist. Then again it was my first show. Another thing: Boom's organ solo Amazing. As was everyone else.
    dkfan9
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    jamit wrote:
    Yea the setlist was dissapointing. Minor detail for me considering it was my first show.

The sound could have been better. I was side stage on mike's side and I could hardly hear his solos. Bleh.

It just left me wanting MORE MORE MORE!!!

i just checked the setlist for this show and how exactly was it disappointing??? i would have loved to been a part of that setlist
  • Options
    EddiesGurlEddiesGurl Posts: 166
    last night fucking rocked!!! i had a great time ~ i thought the show kicked ass! we were there for everything & loved it all! i cant wait to get the boot! :)
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*
    Welcome to the world Lucy Michelle!!! 8/11/06 - 4:05pm
    *~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~*

~> Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
  • Options
    kvanhimbkvanhimb Posts: 14
    Yes there was a drum solo during evenflow, but it's not like he went off...the spotlight was definitely on him though
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    I love Eddie!

Lets discuss last nights show.....

That was funny as heck!! HILARIOUS!!
  • Options
    funkdupfunkdup Posts: 228
    i was front row left of ed's center
    the guy who threw up the rolling stone
    wrote on the back "play the kids are alright"
    ed didn't notice this till he had already gotten rialed up about the cover
    so he threw it at the dude & said "i played that @ 7:30
    where the fuck were you asshole"
    the dude was like "fuck you eddie"
    ed smiled @ nodded & the dude cracked a smile & gave him the nod back
    i thought he was fuckin' with the dude
    but it turns out he did do that in the pre show
  • Options
    JoePJrocksJoePJrocks Posts: 24
    funkdup wrote:
    i was front row left of ed's center
    the guy who threw up the rolling stone
    wrote on the back "play the kids are alright"
    ed didn't notice this till he had already gotten rialed up about the cover
    so he threw it at the dude & said "i played that @ 7:30
    where the fuck were you asshole"
    the dude was like "fuck you eddie"
    ed smiled @ nodded & the dude cracked a smile & gave him the nod back
    i thought he was fuckin' with the dude
    but it turns out he did do that in the pre show

that was hilarious !!!!

Nice insight - I didn't realize that it went down like that
  • Options
    Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    I'm suprised at all the bitching about the setlist. Wait a minute.......I almost forgot what message board I am on. Nevermind.