A Week Of Groceries Around The World

Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
edited May 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Quite interesting. I would love to come over for dinner to all but a couple of the Western countries.

http://fstoppers.com/what-a-week-of-groceries-looks-like-around-the-world?utm_content=buffer1637b&utm_source=buffer&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Buffer
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    holy shit! That family from Mexico sure does love their Coke!

I'm really glad that my 'week of groceries' looks nothing like the the pic that represents the US...I couldn't eat that much processed food, just looking at it grosses me out.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    There was a bit differences between the countries..interesting pictures :)
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    RKCNDY wrote:

I'm really glad that my 'week of groceries' looks nothing like the the pic that represents the US...I couldn't eat that much processed food, just looking at it grosses me out.

I'm just the same :) And just think of that mountain of garbage!
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    RKCNDY wrote:

Have you ever tried Mexican coke? Delicious! ;)

I agree with you on the USA picture. It's sad..hardly any fruits/veggies and a bunch of junk. That's the first thing I noticed.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • kw18kw18 Posts: 3,909
    RKCNDY wrote:

Coke is huge in Mexico. If I remember correctly, Coke 2 is still sold there, or at least was sold there for a while after it was discontinued in the U.S. LOTS of sugar ...
    "Where's KW?"
    "Let's check Idaho."
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Mali and Chad... how about that
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    Better Dan wrote:
    RKCNDY wrote:

Have you ever tried Mexican coke? Delicious! ;)

I agree with you on the USA picture. It's sad..hardly any fruits/veggies and a bunch of junk. That's the first thing I noticed.

oh yes! it comes in the bottles and is made with real sugar. I used to drink a LOT of it. I gave up my soda addiction a little over a year ago. I hardly ever drink it now. Don't really miss it that much...though if you gave me a case of Mexican Coke, I would drink all of it in a week.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • I'm a TruckI'm a Truck Posts: 3,508
    Nice find. Makes you think.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,280
    Wow, that's really interesting.
    It's amazing at how much processed crap we eat (not even Americans...but all over the world!)