Art History

peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
edited May 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Fascinating, but not when a professor talks about the lines that make up the ass for an ox painting.

10 minutes in and nothing noteworthy
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Is that actually pronounced "shart"?
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    My wife's degree is in Art History... I don't think we have to a museam in 5 years :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Is that actually pronounced "shart"?

yes
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    My wife's degree is in Art History... I don't think we have to a museam in 5 years :lol:

we ussally just visit the gift shop :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    81 wrote:

we ussally just visit the gift shop :lol:
    :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
    You can tell she does not want to teach this shit
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I didn't take art history, but I took music history (or maybe it was appreciation). I didn't expect it to be about music I necessarily liked, but I also didn't expect to sit around listening to the guy babble on about the Council Of Trent for a week.

I think the whole class was just a scam to force students to attend a mandatory concert put on by his shitty jazz band. I would have killed for a little "Ox Ass" conversation during that mess.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    I didn't take art history, but I took music history (or maybe it was appreciation). I didn't expect it to be about music I necessarily liked, but I also didn't expect to sit around listening to the guy babble on about the Council Of Trent for a week.

I think the whole class was just a scam to force students to attend a mandatory concert put on by his shitty jazz band. I would have killed for a little "Ox Ass" conversation during that mess.

I took a music history and withdrew.

200 level class that was 2 credits long.... homework was worthy of 300-400 with 3-4 credits of work.

I don't think so, Tim.
  • PapPap Posts: 28,773
    I attended 3 courses related to History of Art during my undergraduate years. I loved them all! Very interesting subject!
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1&2 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024