Options

What did they spray at us after the show last night?

3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
edited June 2008 in Given To Fly (live)
As I was walking up a hill, over a gate, onto the over pass there was something in the air that almost choked us. People were coughing, spitting (GROSS PEOPLE), and some looked as if they were having a really difficult time breathing. Did they pepper spray us?
A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    That's what I am hearing. I walked over the fence shortly after some douches knocked it over, but missed the spray thankfully. Sorry about your experience. Fortunately, the best show of the tour can't damper that.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Options
    3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    The Hartford Police were jerks. They were pulling people out of section 800 all night.

Blah!
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,890
    Yes it was pepper spray, and yes it sucked.

The cops said we could walk that way.... thanks for not warning us that if we did walk that way there would be fuckin pepper spray in our eyes and throat!

I was mad... then I remembered they played Smile, Immortality, Blood...
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    When and where did this happen? I was in the lawn and didn't notice anything.
    "Don't lose your inner heat...ever" - EV 5/13/06
  • Options
    nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,432
    As I was walking up a hill, over a gate, onto the over pass there was something in the air that almost choked us. People were coughing, spitting (GROSS PEOPLE), and some looked as if they were having a really difficult time breathing. Did they pepper spray us?

Boy this brings back memories- I've never felt a burn like that inside and out- got pepper sprayed there when I was around 18 for just being near some crap that was happening.

Bottom line is that what went on at that show away from the stage is totally unacceptable. That venue treated us like we were inconveniencing (spelling?) Them for showing up. Between the line which was unspeakable, the 10c seating (my buddy and I both got pairs against the wall stone side- sweet sound all the way over there- may as well have listened through a soup can) and the utter chaos that prompted bc of all of the factors and them AGAIN being unprepared for a pj show there, it was unf6ckingacceptable. I feel badly for anyone and everyone besides myself who had these experience. The boys, however, played a great show so I tried not to let it bother me too much...
  • Options
    StrykerStryker Upstate, NY Posts: 585
    The same shit happened 10 years ago at the Hartford show. They spayed pepper spray or tear gas at that show. There is a little blurb about it in the Lo2L CD.
  • Options
    goldzeppgoldzepp Posts: 60
    Damn, I walked that way myself, but thankfully didn't get any pepper spray. Unfortunately this venue has a long history of drunken stupidty. I blame Uconn because kids that age don't yet know what moderation is, but hey, we've all been there. Just a side effect of alcohol really though and the police being vigilant of very possible issues at the venue.
    '03 Montreal
    '03 MSG1
    '03 MSG2
    '06 East Rutherford, NJ.
    '08 MSG2
    '08 Hartford
    '09 Chicago
    '09 Philly 3
    '09 Philly 4
  • Options
    Sorry for spitting! I took in a BIG shot of the crap they sprayed and I was trying to get it out of my mouth. I realize it is gross as I never spit but under that circumstance I had no choice. My friend has a breathing disorder and it nearly took him down. We are both upset at what happened. I have a letter ready to go to the Currant, the mayor and police. That spray was totally uncalled for! I can see why they did it in 98 as 8000 people crashed the fence to get INTO the venue. But to do it to while people were leaving was crazy. The fence was already down when we got there. No one was acting like jerks as far as we could see or hear, they were just walking up the hill to the walk. The lady cop never gave a warning she was going to spray. And on top of the that I loved how the "corralled" everyone to the sidewalk that was walking on the side of the street, Using 2 freaking squad cars coming right at us. The god darn lane was not even open to traffic that way. I understand that maybe they were trying to clear the way for the fire trucks and ambulance that had to get to the scene of the spray but they could have done it without nearly hitting people.

The show was the best of the 41 I have seen! What a setlist and their energy was incredible coming off of those two nights in MSG. In a way I am glad I am not going tonight. I don't think I could take it:)
    See everyone Monday... A few days rest will do me good for sure.
  • Options
    TKDTKD Posts: 163
    and whats up with all the no2 out in the parking lots? i thought i was on the wrong tour for a minute.
    Im a million miles away from home and I cant find a telephone...
  • Options
    StrykerStryker Upstate, NY Posts: 585
    TKD wrote:
    and whats up with all the no2 out in the parking lots? i thought i was on the wrong tour for a minute.

Yeah, I noticed the same thing. WTF?