Options

11/01/95 - Delta Center: Salt Lake City, UT

Fu_ManchuFu_Manchu Posts: 422
edited July 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
The intro music before Go is insane at full volume through headphones!

anyone know what this is?
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,287
    I believe it is a budhist monk chant of some sort......dont quote me on that though, I bought that boot for 50 bucks back in the day and when I put it in my car I thought it was the coolest thing I'd ever heard. Still on my IPOD, when it comes on in shuffle mode I still get goosebumps!!
  • Options
    Bangers_n_mashBangers_n_mash Posts: 1,241
    Always liked listening to this.

Now that you mention it I'd be interested in finding out what it is or where it's from...
    uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɹ,ǝʍ 'punoɹ ʎɐʍ ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ ןןɐ s,ʇı
  • Options
    Fu_ManchuFu_Manchu Posts: 422
    I believe it is a budhist monk chant of some sort......dont quote me on that though, I bought that boot for 50 bucks back in the day and when I put it in my car I thought it was the coolest thing I'd ever heard. Still on my IPOD, when it comes on in shuffle mode I still get goosebumps!!

I agree, probably the best intro they've used. I'd love to hear it at a venue with the houselights down with that ringing at full whack.
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
  • Options
    I thought I had downloaded some satanic recording instead of the show.

Once I knew it was real and it was played, I think, also at the next show, it was very cool.

Love those two SLC shows and the entire 95 US tour, pre and post Neil Jam tour.
    "Underneath this smile lies everything - all my hopes, anger, pride and shame."
  • Options
    GetALifeGetALife Posts: 554
    I thought it was Jack Irons soloing on the drums, like the "red dot"-song on YIELD...
    # 2000: Hamburg # 2006: Berlin # 2007: Munich * Dusseldorf # 2009: Berlin * Manchester * London # 2010: Dublin * Belfast * Berlin # 2012: Amsterdam I & II * Berlin I & II * Stockholm * Oslo * Copenhagen # 2014: Amsterdam I & II * Milan * Trieste * Vienna * Berlin ___ # EV 2012 - Amsterdam I & II # 2 # EV 2017: Berlin ____  * 2018: Amsterdam I & II * Prague * Krakow * Berlin # 2022: Berlin- Vienna - Prague - Amsterdam I - Amsterdam II
  • Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,659
    I think it was audio of their visit to the mormon temple the morning of the show. The chanting must be "PAY LAY ALE" which means "Oh God, hear the words of my mouth."

http://www.lds-mormon.com/veilworker/endowment1.shtml - very bottom of page