Options

I went to SNL ...... (Fanviews)

HardtoImagine801HardtoImagine801 Posts: 40
edited April 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I went to the Live taping last night and Pearl Jam rocked last night. There were definitely a hand full of fans in the audience. The only thing I really noticed being there vs watching on tv that was quite amusing or strange to see was........ right before WWS and before Lindsay Lohan announced the band there is like a 60 second countdown....with about 20 seconds left before it goes live Lindsay looked back at Eddie and smiled and Eddie kind of winked /half smiled back. Let's hope they did not forge a friendship. hahaha

After the show I went to the afterparty at Heartland Brewery, but my name was not on the list like I had hoped by NBC. But, around 145a I did see the band show up to go in the club....there was about 10-12 paparazzis snapping pix and yelling Eddie's name. He signed a couple autographs and then went into the bar. He seemed to be in pretty good spirits.

Anyway that was my experience last night.....all in all it was a great night.
"I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    What happened during the closing credits...anything? I saw Lohan say PJ and Ed was just standing there but then they cut it off for a promo of Deal Or No Deal..What was the bands demeanor?
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    elstongunnelstongunn Posts: 285
    awesome!
    \ya know she didn't bother me as much as i thought she would. she really tried to put some energy and respect when introducing them.
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • Options
    culot4 wrote:
    What happened during the closing credits...anything? I saw Lohan say PJ and Ed was just standing there but then they cut it off for a promo of Deal Or No Deal..What was the bands demeanor?

Eddie put his hand out to shake Lohan's hand and she hugged him. Eddie seemed more interested in the SNL peeps then her. After a minute Eddie went to the back and hugged Matt. Stone stood in the back and just talked to the SNL guys that came to him.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    ..with about 20 seconds left before it goes live Lindsay looked back at Eddie and smiled and Eddie kind of winked /half smiled back. Let's hope they did not forge a friendship. hahaha.
    Well, since her real father was a deadbeat, maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing if they befriended and he helped whip her back into mental shape..
  • Options
    CahootsCahoots Posts: 140
    Well, since her real father was a deadbeat, maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing if they befriended and he helped whip her back into mental shape..

Likean Ocean...

You are Lindsay Lohan, aren't you...
    Cahoots

1992 VAN
    1993 VAN
    1998 Missoula
    2000 Barcelona & Boise
    2002 SEA 2x
    2003 VAN
    2005 VAN, Calgary, Edmonton & Saskatoon
    2006 The Gorge
    2009 SEA & VAN
    2011 VAN
    2013 Portland & VAN
    2015 Mexico City
    2018 Missoula
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Cahoots wrote:
    Likean Ocean...

You are Lindsay Lohan, aren't you...
    lol, I'm no woman, I'm man, man..
  • Options
    I went to the Live taping last night and Pearl Jam rocked last night. There were definitely a hand full of fans in the audience. The only thing I really noticed being there vs watching on tv that was quite amusing or strange to see was........ right before WWS and before Lindsay Lohan announced the band there is like a 60 second countdown....with about 20 seconds left before it goes live Lindsay looked back at Eddie and smiled and Eddie kind of winked /half smiled back. Let's hope they did not forge a friendship. hahaha

Yeah Eddie and Benicio would have to duke it out- I heard Lohan and Del Torro are shaking it up.

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • Options
    Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    cool, thanks for sharing the details!
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Options
    VOLITIONVOLITION Posts: 328
    you are the fucking man!
    "it feels like it's the end of the world and we all got a good seat. you know -- step right up, get your tickets...here we go."

- EV
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    you know, the minute some of you assholes find out Lindsey Lohan either struck up a friendship with the band or is actually a fan of the music you will all be kissing her ass like school girls. pathetic as usual in the land o' synergy
  • Options
    badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    i also went to SNL and must say it fucken rocked......the music that is....lets be honest, the show sux but thanks to PJ it was an unbelieveble night....Ed did his little rocking back and forth in between the comercials....lots of PJ fans there... met 2 cool PJ fans from Detroit who won tix from a bar in Detroit....cant wait to see them at Letterman..
  • Options
    PJguy wrote:
    you know, the minute some of you assholes find out Lindsey Lohan either struck up a friendship with the band or is actually a fan of the music you will all be kissing her ass like school girls. pathetic as usual in the land o' synergy

Good point..funny thing is so many people on this board are just such haters...Ed isn't a hater, in fact, I think he probably gives everyone a chance...all it takes is for Lohan to go up to him, say his music is unbelievable, and there's already a bond right there...we've heard stories on this very board of people having the same encounters with Ed and people say how authentic and attentive he is when engaged in a conversation.
  • Options
    mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    Good point..funny thing is so many people on this board are just such haters...Ed isn't a hater, in fact, I think he probably gives everyone a chance...all it takes is for Lohan to go up to him, say his music is unbelievable, and there's already a bond right there...we've heard stories on this very board of people having the same encounters with Ed and people say how authentic and attentive he is when engaged in a conversation.

I agree and if anything coming from his experience of having such a spotlight on him he might cut her some more slack then it seems anyone here has.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187

After the show I went to the afterparty at Heartland Brewery, but my name was not on the list like I had hoped by NBC. But, around 145a I did see the band show up to go in the club....there was about 10-12 paparazzis snapping pix and yelling Eddie's name. He signed a couple autographs and then went into the bar. He seemed to be in pretty good spirits.

he winked at lohan? ...

ok... eddie vedder is no longer my role model...
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    culot4 wrote:

Yeah, I was pissed. Not only did they cut off the closing credits, but they cut in with a promo for a show that makes me think that the Magic Bean and Florida Bridge sales must be booming in America right now!
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,848
    How did the AUDIENCE react? Were they impressed, confused, pumped up? We can't get a real feel for it at home.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    PJguy wrote:

Get over yourself... its obvious she is a fan of Pearl Jam, isnt that a good thing?
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    Get over yourself... its obvious she is a fan of Pearl Jam, isnt that a good thing?

i dunno if i would go as far as to say she is a fan but she seemed like she respected them but its a script, shes not gonna say heres pearl jam n walk away
    4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/8/03, 7/14/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 9/15/05, 9/16/05, 9/30/05, 10/1/05, 10/3/05, 5/4/06, 5/12/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/3/06, 6/23/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/30/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10
  • Options
    i kind of think she killed the show, i dont think she has a good sense of humor. it wasnt that funny, but it made it worth while to see the boys!

the only thing that made me crack up was meow meow meow meow meow . . . with the cake

ooo yeah, mike looks great! :)
    An ounce of deception
    Kills a pound of pain
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    i kind of think she killed the show, i dont think she has a good sense of humor. it wasnt that funny, but it made it worth while to see the boys!

the only thing that made me crack up was meow meow meow meow meow . . . with the cake

ooo yeah, mike looks great! :)

She doesn't write the jokes....were there any jokes?
  • Options
    i dunno if i would go as far as to say she is a fan but she seemed like she respected them but its a script, shes not gonna say heres pearl jam n walk away

The way she introduced both songs? hugging Ed at the end? Looked and sounds like a fan to me...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,761

thats what most hosts do..

"ladies and gentlemen....<fill in the band name here>"

"once again...<fill in the band name here>"

thats what is usually said...its not that tight of a script that they cant do their own thing for an intro.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    The way she introduced both songs? hugging Ed at the end? Looked and sounds like a fan to me...
    No it didn't....she introduced PJ like " Lets get ready to rock n roll " maybe its just me but that seemed pretty insincere and actually kind of embarassing it was so lame. The 'always amazing' PJ intro for Severed Hand was a lot better. If she is a fan or isn't a fan I don't care...I think she sucks aside from being semi-hot.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    thats what most hosts do..

"ladies and gentlemen....<fill in the band name here>"

"once again...<fill in the band name here>"

thats what is usually said...its not that tight of a script that they cant do their own thing for an intro.

Yeah, but

"Ladies and Gentlemen, lets get ready to rock and roll, PEARL JAM!"
    "Once again, the always amazing PEARL JAM!"

is different from "lades and gentlemen/once again, pearl jam."
    PearlJam134.gif
  • Options
    he winked at lohan? ...

ok... eddie vedder is no longer my role model...

good god. yeah, it wouldve been more eddie-like if he'd just shot her instead. then id still respect him....
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,761
    Yeah, but

"Ladies and Gentlemen, lets get ready to rock and roll, PEARL JAM!"
    "Once again, the always amazing PEARL JAM!"

is different from "lades and gentlemen/once again, pearl jam."

uhhh that was my point
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    evenflow82 wrote:
    How did the AUDIENCE react? Were they impressed, confused, pumped up? We can't get a real feel for it at home.

The audience was definitely pumped up for Pearl Jam.......very loud cheers before and after each song they played...PJ got much louder applause then Lohan ......A couple people yelled out Eddie and Mike's names during the closing credits ending of the show...
  • Options
    good god. yeah, it wouldve been more eddie-like if he'd just shot her instead. then id still respect him....

So Ed goes around killing people YOU dont like... you people are rediculous...

Haters...
  • Options
    So Ed goes around killing people YOU dont like... you people are rediculous...

Haters...

lol, you actually thought i was serious?!? i was being sarcastic to the quote i referenced. i dont fault ed at all about being friendly toward her. i realize it's hard to get sarcasm over teh internet, ill do one of the arrow dealies next time.
  • Options

Thats what hes saying man. He's saying before the show people were bashing LL and now cuz of what happened everyone is say shes ok. He means that because she showed respect thats good enough, and people shouldnt bash her just cuz of everything else.
    4/30/03 Uniondale, NY
    7/8/03 MSG
    7/9/03 MSG
    7/14/03 Holmdel, NJ
    10/1/04 Reading Penn
    10/3/05 Philly
    5/13/06 Hartford, CT
    5/27/06 Camden, NJ aka Philly
    5/31/06 Storytellers Taping
    6/1/06 East Rutherford, NJ
    6/3/06 East Rutherford, NJ
    6/19/08 Camden, NJ
    6/24/08 MSG
    6/25/08 MSG
    6/27/08 Hartford, CT
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-27-2009
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-30-2009
    Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 10-31-2009
    Hartford, CT 05-15-2010
    New York, New York 05-21-2010
    New York, New York 05-20-2010
    East Troy, Wisconsin 09-04-2011 (PJ20)
    East Troy, Wisconsin 09-03-2011 (PJ20)
    Philadelphia, PA 09-02-2012 (Made In America)
    Chicago, IL 07-19-2013
    Pittsburgh, PA 10-11-2013
    Buffalo, NY 10-12-2013
    Hartford, CT 10-25-2013