Options

SWAP 2 ARCADE FIRE (brixton) TIX FOR 1 PJ STANDING

desperate_dan81desperate_dan81 Posts: 10
edited February 2007 in Given To Fly (live)
Hello!

I missed out on all the tickets for Pearl Jam Wembley and I am offering up 2 Arcade Fire tickets at Brixton Academy for 1 standing at Wembley.

I hope that someone can help.

Please email me dankimmins@hotmail.com

Desperate measures!

All the best

dan
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Hello!

I missed out on all the tickets for Pearl Jam Wembley and I am offering up 2 Arcade Fire tickets at Brixton Academy for 1 standing at Wembley.

I really hope that someone can help.

Please email me dankimmins@hotmail.com

All the best

dan

hahahaha and i thought that thread about the boston puke was the funniest ever, looks like we got a new champion!!!!!! oh my god my sides are hurtin so much after readin this,.....
    Black, the greatest without a doubt........
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    hahahaha and i thought that thread about the boston puke was the funniest ever, looks like we got a new champion!!!!!! oh my god my sides are hurtin so much after readin this,.....

why? :confused:

listen... this offer is amazing!!!! if my friend cant make it (he'll tell me by monday apparently) then i'll take them and give you my other!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Yeah... If I had a spare, I'd probably do it too but alas I am already indebted... :o
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • Options
    Cheers!

Keep me posted!
  • Options
    xnothingmanxxnothingmanx Suffolk UK Posts: 191
    I'm seeing Arcade Fire at Porchester Hall tonight. Cannot wait!

I'm hoping it will be the second best gig I've ever been to (nothing can top the Astoria!)
    Wembley 00 (Night 1)Cardiff 00 Astoria 06 Jools Holland Recording 06 (I met Ed!)Reading 06 Katowice 07 Wembley 07 Shepherds Bush 09 O2 London 09 Hard Rock Calling 10 Manchester 12 Night 1 and 2
  • Options
    I'm seeing Arcade Fire at Porchester Hall tonight. Cannot wait!

I'm hoping it will be the second best gig I've ever been to (nothing can top the Astoria!)

wow!!!!

tell us what it was like will you? :)

EDIT.. to original thread starter... what night is this on?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    im clearly missing someting with the arcade fire thing, ive got the first album i just find it goes on a bit and i get bored of em, and they sound like meatloaf on some tracks ive heard!!!! if we all liked the same thing it would be a very dull place wouldnt it i guess
  • Options
    xnothingmanxxnothingmanx Suffolk UK Posts: 191
    Will do!.

They've been doing some crazy things at the other london gigs this week like busking on the steps after the gig, or starting the show in the middle of the audience so Im hoping it'll be good. Should be good to hear stuff off the new album too.
    Wembley 00 (Night 1)Cardiff 00 Astoria 06 Jools Holland Recording 06 (I met Ed!)Reading 06 Katowice 07 Wembley 07 Shepherds Bush 09 O2 London 09 Hard Rock Calling 10 Manchester 12 Night 1 and 2
  • Options
    im clearly missing someting with the arcade fire thing, ive got the first album i just find it goes on a bit and i get bored of em, and they sound like meatloaf on some tracks ive heard!!!! if we all liked the same thing it would be a very dull place wouldnt it i guess
    No, it's ok, I'm clearly missing something with them too... I listened to funeral a couple of times and there was nothing different or great or original about it at all :confused: I just don't get it.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    wow!!!!

tell us what it was like will you? :)

EDIT.. to original thread starter... what night is this on?

Hiya - they are for the Thursday 15th March.

Feel free to email me!
  • Options
    No, it's ok, I'm clearly missing something with them too... I listened to funeral a couple of times and there was nothing different or great or original about it at all :confused: I just don't get it.

:eek:

Listen again.... it's a grower... :o
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options

oh good, i thought it was just me after the "attack" about my comment ridiculing the offer!! YOU know what i mean though dont ya, i just wouldnt have thought anyone on the pj site could take an offer like that seriously, swap for arcade fire? dont make me laugh.......
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:
    :eek:

Listen again.... it's a grower... :o

its just a poor mans bat out of hell..
  • Options

you havent seen live footage of them i take it... fucking phenomenal band live!!!!! and i havent even seent them :( :( :(

that album is one of the best 3 albums made for me... its a work of genius that you have to give more time!!!

Rebellion, Power Out... whats not to like ???? :eek:
  • Options

No no no... don't see the comparison at all... :confused:
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    oh good, i thought it was just me after the "attack" about my comment ridiculing the offer!! YOU know what i mean though dont ya, i just wouldnt have thought anyone on the pj site could take an offer like that seriously, swap for arcade fire? dont make me laugh.......

"attack"

if i was to attack your post you'd know about it

not interested in the offer? then get the fuck out of the thread ;)

see... thats an attack
  • Options

No-one is saying they would go to Arcade Fire instead of PJ, just saying if I had a spare I would gladly swap it so I can see both... :o

Don't think anyone "attacked" you just adding our comments... ;)

edit: ok... maybe Dunk has moved into "attack mode" now... ;):D
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options

do you have ears?
  • Options
    They're VERY good live. Some people were paying £7,000 for tickets on eBay (yes it's a joke, but that must mean something eh?).

But they're not as good live as Pearl Jam. Hope you get it sorted though.
  • Options
    well, for dunk and dave I'll give it another shot :rolleyes: but I really don't want to.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    dunkman wrote:
    "attack"

if i was to attack your post you'd know about it

not interested in the offer? then get the fuck out of the thread ;)

see... thats an attack

ha ha quality, im beginning to feel intimidated now i guess your right about the attack thing.
  • Options
    well, for dunk and dave I'll give it another shot :rolleyes: but I really don't want to.

:rolleyes: it's not for our benefit.... ;)
    Astoria Crew
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
  • Options
    UKDave wrote:
    No-one is saying they would go to Arcade Fire instead of PJ, just saying if I had a spare I would gladly swap it so I can see both... :o

Don't think anyone "attacked" you just adding our comments... ;)

edit: ok... maybe Dunk has moved into "attack mode" now... ;):D

no worries, after posting i thought my own use of the word "attack" was a little ott, its all good....
  • Options
    trammeustrammeus Posts: 124
    They're VERY good live.

So good, agree.
    Saw them in 2005 at Barcelona Primavera Sound (ALL the festival is interesting. In 2007 there will be Slint, Melvins and Comet on Fire playing)

T.
    Verona 93 - Milan 96 - Barcelona 96 - Verona 00 - Milan 00 - Turin 06 - Berlin 06 - Lisbon 07 - Madrid 07 - Katowice 07 - London 07 - Werchter 07
  • Options
    I didn't realise it would cause such a stir.

Please let me know if anyone is interested. I guess that some people might not know for some time so keep it in mind if you have anything going!