who wants to write songs?

PaleBrandonPaleBrandon Posts: 66
edited August 2013 in Musicians and Gearheads
i have had an idea for some time and i haven't found any takers from people i know. would anyone be willing to try and write some music with me by exchanging ideas via pro tools? it would be like recording an idea in a pro tools session and then sharing the pro tools file via drop box or some other file sharing app. i don't have many friends who have the software and play music. lol. and the ones that do flake out. so what better place to check than my favorite band's message board? lol
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,414
    Best of luck to you! My bandmate (2-feign-reluctance) & I met here on the boards in 2009 & have since completed 3 albums (band name: Cluthe/Lee) using that method. It's a tricky process when you live in different states, but so much fun.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • iiseeiisee Posts: 485
    I might be interested...do you do vocals? I write a ton of songs and usually record a scratch demo until I can find a decent singer...lol. I don't use ProTools, but usually Cakewalk for some tracks and a Korg D1600 mic'ing up guitars/bass/keys....sometime direct into the Korg. I can take the ProTools files as long as they are in a WAV format. And I like to have the final mix... :lol: As a matter of fact I just finished a song this morning. PM me with details and what you like to play and maybe we can work something out... 8-)
    8/25/92 – Charlotte, NC
    10/4/96 – Charlotte, NC
    8/4/00 – Charlotte, NC
    4/16/03 – Charlotte, NC
    9/5/05 – Edmonton, Canada
    6/16/08 - Columbia, SC
    6/17/08 - VA Beach, VA
    6/26-27/12 - Amsterdam, NL (I and II)
    7/19/13 - Wrigley Feild, Chicago, IL
    10/30/13 - Charlotte, NC
    11/22/15 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
  • iisee wrote:
    I might be interested...do you do vocals? I write a ton of songs and usually record a scratch demo until I can find a decent singer...lol. I don't use ProTools, but usually Cakewalk for some tracks and a Korg D1600 mic'ing up guitars/bass/keys....sometime direct into the Korg. I can take the ProTools files as long as they are in a WAV format. And I like to have the final mix... :lol: As a matter of fact I just finished a song this morning. PM me with details and what you like to play and maybe we can work something out... 8-)

Keep us posted on what you all do!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Any updates dudes? Did you end up getting a project going?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • ratmandoratmando Posts: 347
    I write and sing almost exclusively online with other bands in recording projects. I'd like to do some more with some folks here, too. You can find my music without vocals on HitRECord.org under ratmando, of course. The most recent recordings i've done are with KingLizzard and you can hear them on his web pages- we wrote an album called Songs in the Key of Death-- one of his band members committed suicide some years back, and I've lost friends..we just happened to be on the same wavelength. My music website,, Ratmando.net is getting an upgrade, but you can see lyrics there, and some tunes I've posted here. I've got two albums due out in the next 8 months, too. My husband's album comes out this September, (he's got 11 more, under Jonesjazz.om if you like jazz piano.)

I was always in alternative bands.. before "alternative was mainstream" in bands that were like X, Lydia Lunch, Lena Lovitch, and my voice is kind of like a Joan Jett meets a Metal Karen Carpenter, if that makes sense.
    When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable. I see no foe. I am related to the earliest times, and to the latest.

Henry David Thoreau