Drawing today

PG98467PG98467 Posts: 108
edited April 2013 in The Art Wall
todayd_zps078d63f2.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Pjzepp67Pjzepp67 Posts: 445
    Trying not to sound pretentious or arty here but I really like this...it's a very busy wee picture with a lot going on and a real physical depth to it...luveee :fp:

Honestly...it's cool.
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    I like the texture although it feels funny saying, "I like it" when it does remind a person of a prison cell. :geek:
    A nicely rendered prison cell!
    :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Philip_IrelandPhilip_Ireland Posts: 519
    edited January 2016
    I am trying to get back into drawing again. If anyone wants a drawing like this, please let me know.
    Post edited by Philip_Ireland on
  • looks to me like the weave that holds the earth beneath my feet...might do well on my wall...draw away please and do post or pm
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    edited January 2016
    It looks like a city to me. I have a familiar feeling when I see it, and I'm comfortable being in a space of the perpendicular lines and squares like I would in a city.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,102
    PG98467 said:

todayd_zps078d63f2.jpg

Holy moly... time for me to geek out. Ok, so your image from 2013.... looks STRIKINGLY similar to a natural phenomenon that only occurs in meteorites. After an iron meteorite is cut with a diamond blade, and acid is brushed over it, the crystal structure of the iron and nickel shows up clear as day, and the person who discovered this was Widmanstatten. Hence the naming of the Widmanstatten pattern like this:

A video of another etching process for you curious minds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdlEEfzH64w

That's all I have to contribute to this art lesson. One big geek-out session.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • evsgjamm said:

PG98467 said:

todayd_zps078d63f2.jpg

Holy moly... time for me to geek out. Ok, so your image from 2013.... looks STRIKINGLY similar to a natural phenomenon that only occurs in meteorites. After an iron meteorite is cut with a diamond blade, and acid is brushed over it, the crystal structure of the iron and nickel shows up clear as day, and the person who discovered this was Widmanstatten. Hence the naming of the Widmanstatten pattern like this:

A video of another etching process for you curious minds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdlEEfzH64w

That's all I have to contribute to this art lesson. One big geek-out session.
    Thanks very much for that. Never knew that. I can send you a "Widmanstatten pattern" picture if you like? Am trying to do some more
    edited May 2016
    More of the same. I try to draw other things but.... oh well
    photo IMG_5787 640x480_zpswadjpoxh.jpg
    edited June 2016
    edited June 2016

photo IMG_5787 640x480_zpswadjpoxh.jpg

If you would like this drawing, please PM me your address and I will post it to you.
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Perth, Western Australia Posts: 4,007
    Nice Drawings :)