Mad Season Lp - June release

iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,507
edited May 2013 in The Porch
So, do we know for sure that the ones to be released in June are unnumbered? Seems kind of weird to do all these different pressings....
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    IMO, there is no June release. Especially since someone posted that a friend got a shipping confirmation from Soundstage Direct, the only place I've seen advertising that they would be available in June. I think it was a generic timeline that they used in anticipation of RSD leftovers.

It's not your typical RSD release. They pressed 8000 of these things. A pretty large number given the small market size.
  • Release EVRelease EV Posts: 1,998
    Did anyone miss out on RSD release? I picked up mine today from local record store and there were two more available. The 2 left were RTI release (USA release) and very low in number - just over 100.

I dont know if still available. I dont know if I can get them. But if someone is interested I will try.

Please note, I am in Australia. Cost price was $45 AUS dollars then you have to add shipping. May get to some of the ebay prices so you have to be happy. If interested, PM me and I will attempt to secure one.
  • migtrainmigtrain Posts: 14
    Release EV wrote:
    Did anyone miss out on RSD release? I picked up mine today from local record store and there were two more available. The 2 left were RTI release (USA release) and very low in number - just over 100.

I dont know if still available. I dont know if I can get them. But if someone is interested I will try.

Please note, I am in Australia. Cost price was $45 AUS dollars then you have to add shipping. May get to some of the ebay prices so you have to be happy. If interested, PM me and I will attempt to secure one.

I really respect this. Finally someone who cares for fans of the band and doesn't thnk only about the money. But there are still vinyls with good prices like discogs and amazon :)
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/ ... dition=new
    http://www.discogs.com/release/4495855

btw, if you find pearl jam no code LP in any of your local stores don't think and just buy one for me :)
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,507
    edited April 2013
    Post edited by iOnlyownMymind on
  • iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,507
    Yeah, a lot of these online stores say they'll get them back in stock, then never do. Example the PJ20 lp, but also the opposite EV -Love Boat Catain - still available in the shop after a supposed limited release. I guess time will tell. Wouldn't be surprised either way.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    RSD FIRST means the release is sold at RSD-record stores only for a few months. After that the pressing is available to any retailer that wants to sell it.

It's the same pressing it's just sold to a wider market. Example--Incubus was RSD FIRST in November and hit amazon and other big chains in January. I bought one Incubus album on RSD and it was numbered. Bought a different one on amazon once it got a wide release and it was also numbered. So who knows if Mad Season will be numbered. I don't think it matters.
  • quasiquasi Posts: 492
    So, do we know for sure that the ones to be released in June are unnumbered? Seems kind of weird to do all these different pressings....

They are definitely all the same pressing. I don't see them manufacturing a bunch for RSD and then setting up to do a second manufacturing run a month or two later. Doesn't make economic or logistical sense. I'll bet they are numbered as well but they will be generally higher if the 7-8000 or so run people are estimating is accurate.
    SEA 9/20/92, SEA 12/7/93, SEA 12/31/94 (MS), SEA 11/5/00, SEA 11/6/00, SEA 12/8/02, SEA 12/9/02, BEN 10/22/03, GOR 9/1/05, SD 7/7/06, LA 7/10/06, LA 7/12/06, LA (EV) 4/12/08, LA (EV) 4/13/08, LA 7/12/08, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/7/09, SEA 12/6/13, SEA 8/8/18