Looking for App to Record Music

Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
edited April 2013 in Musicians and Gearheads
A guy I work with once in a while played me a song he recorded with his Iphone. I won't see him for a while to ask what app he uses, but can anyone help me?

I'm looking for an app to record myself playing guitar and drums?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chorduroychorduroy Posts: 72
    You can record simply using the already included voice memo recorder on the Iphone. If you're looking to lay down multiple tracks (like a rhythm track, lead track and vocal for example) and add effects like reverb etc then the Garage Band app will do the trick. Last I checked GB was only $4.99. It does take up a lot of space on the Iphone though
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Hey thanks or your reply. I thought Garage Band was only to make music through the app (not to record).

I actually tried the app Multi Track. It seems pretty good, but with drums it seems a bit too distorted. I may have to compare with others though as my drums may just be too loud for the space they are in.
  • chorduroychorduroy Posts: 72
    No problem. The Garage Band app can be used to record music with real instruments and to make music with the virtual instruments built into the app. To record music you just select the mic option and it will use the internal Iphone Mic.
    Most if not all apps will give you the same sound quality as they all use the Iphone internal mic to record. The internal mic is a mono mic so the sound quality wont be that great. It definitely works though for quick demos or if you're trying to get an idea recorded. I've never recorded drums with an Iphone but would imagine you'd have to move it far away so the sound isnt dostorted.