Options

Robert Plant 2013 Tour

Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
edited April 2013 in Other Music
Robert Plant will bring his new band, the Sensational Space Shifters, to the USA for a summer tour beginning June 20 in Dallas.

The Space Shifters played their first show together last May in Gloucester, England, and recently toured Australia and New Zealand. Shows there relied heavily on material from Plant's days fronting Led Zeppelin, with a Brisbane Times critic writing, "What's going on is further proof that Plant is far more imaginative, playful and adventurous than any cliche, a man who's absorbed all the music he's loved and played and sought out the musicians to explore that."

A tour trailer posted Monday to YouTube shows a band with a harder rock sound than Plant's recent roots-oriented project, 2007's Grammy-winning Raising Sand, a collaboration with Allison Krauss, and 2010's Band of Joy, which features Nashville musicians including Patty Griffin and Buddy Miller. The current band includes guitarist Justin Adams and keyboardist John Baggott, who both played in the Strange Sensation band that recorded 2002's Dreamland and 2005's Mighty Rearranger albums with Plant. The rest of the band consists of multi-instrumentalist Juldeh Camara, bassist Billy Fuller, drummer Dave Smith and guitarist Liam "Skin" Tyson.

The tour includes five festival dates, Oregon's Britt and Portland Blues festivals, California's High Sierra Festival, Washington's Jambase Festival and Kentucky's Forecastle Festival.

Confirmed tour dates:

June 20: Palladium, Dallas
June 21: Bayou Music Center, Houston
June 23: Moody Theater, Austin
June 26: Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles
June 28: County Bowl, Santa Barbara, Calif.
June 29: Berkeley Greek, Berkeley, Calif.
July 2: Britt Festival, Jacksonville, Ore.
July 4: High Sierra Festival, Quincy, Calif.
July 6: Jambase Festival, George, Wash.
July 7: Portland Blues Festival, Portland, Ore.
July 10: Red Rocks, Morrison, Colo.
July 12: Grant Park, Chicago
July 13: Live In the Garden, Memphis
July 14: Forecastle Festival, Louisville
July 17: Mahalia Jackson Theater, New Orleans
July 19: Verizon Amphitheatre, Atlanta
July 20: Koka Booth Amphitheatre, Cary, N.C.
July 22: Wolftrap, Vienna, Va.
July 24: Mohegan Sun, Uncasville, Conn.
July 25: B of A Pavilion, Boston
July 27: Prospect Park, Brooklyn

Grace Potter and the Nocturnals will support Plant on the Los Angeles, Santa Barbara and Berkeley dates.
2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Interesting! May have to catch him in Brooklyn. I have to see Plant, in any faction, at least once, I feel it's my duty!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    I saw Plant with the band of joy a couple of years ago, great show. I hope he brings this to the UK soon.
  • Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396
    This might be my only Red Rocks show this year 8-) .
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    White DiscussionWhite Discussion Melissa Texas Posts: 2,812
    Gotta get tickets for Dallas on Friday!!!! 8-)
  • Options
    JimNasticsJimNastics Posts: 679
    I saw Plant with the band of joy a couple of years ago, great show. I hope he brings this to the UK soon.

I can understand why he plays so many shows in the US as his music these days is so heavily geared towards that audience, but it certainly would be nice to have him on home soil every once in a while :(
  • Options
    bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    We want him over here too :cry:
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Options
    A dear friend of mine, whose musical opinion, in my mind, is mostly beyond reproach, saw this show at the Adeladelaide Entertainment Centre a few weeks back and said it was brilliant.
    My Pearl Jam shows: 1 in 1995, 2 in 1998, 20 in 2003, 13 in 2006, 3 in 2007, 8 in 2008, 5 in 2009, 4 in 2010, 5 in 2012. EV: 8 in 2011, 1 in 2012. Brad: 1 in 1998, 1 in 2002.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,594
    In for Austin.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    I have an extra Lp from the last tour if there is any interest. I put it on lost dogs over a month ago.
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,594
    presale for austin in case anyone is interested: http://www.ticketfly.com/purchase/event ... A681077F1A

pw: voice
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.