Options

Americanarama Music Tour

Comments

• Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    MMJ was awesome on Saturday, but wow Wilco really stole the show. They were off the charts good. Bobby jamming with the two bands just took it to a new level. Too bad he`s only got one more night left on the tour.

Bob Weir

HELL IN A BUCKET
    WHEN I PAINT MY MASTERPIECE
    PLAYIN' IN THE BAND
    TWILIGHT TIME
    THE OTHER ONE
    SHAKY GROUND

My Morning Jacket

THE DARK
    IT BEATS 4 U
    GIDEON
    WORDLESS CHORUS
    PHONE WENT WEST
    WONDERFUL (THE WAY I FEEL)
    I KNOW YOU RIDER (Grateful Dead cover w/Bob Weir)
    CIRCUITAL
    VICTORY DANCE
    ONE BIG HOLIDAY

Wilco

AIRLINE TO HEAVEN
    WHEN THE ROSES BLOOM AGAIN
    SHOULDN'T BE ASHAMED
    YOU ARE MY FACE
    ONE SUNDAY MORNING
    ART OF ALMOST
    DARK STAR / CALIFORNIA STARS / DARK STAR (w/Bob Weir)
    I'M ALWAYS IN LOVE
    HEAVY METAL DRUMMER
    DAWNED ON ME
    MONDAY
    OUTTASITE (OUTTA MIND)

I agree it was great all around. Loved MMJ and WIlco, i thought Wilco one uped MMJ and i did not think that was possible.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,440
    IMHO, Wilco wins out over MMJ in terms of live shows, but it is apples and oranges, much like comparing PJ & NIN's live shows.
  • Options
    msjpearsonmsjpearson Posts: 97
    derbydave wrote:
    Haven't heard about merch...
    But I did see this SWEET poster from the Nashville show on "Inside The Rock Poster Frame"

Americanarama-Bob-Dylan-Dig-My-Chill-Poster-Regular_zps0ffc50dd.jpg
    There's a 3-color variant too!!

Hoping to pick up some merch & a poster at the Indy show this Friday if there is one available!!
    :ugeek:

That looks great. Let me know what you grab in Indy. I'm going to see them in Toronto (then Pearl Jam the next day in London). I'm looking forward to a great week of music
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    intodeep wrote:
    MMJ was awesome on Saturday, but wow Wilco really stole the show. They were off the charts good. Bobby jamming with the two bands just took it to a new level. Too bad he`s only got one more night left on the tour.

Bob Weir

HELL IN A BUCKET
    PLAYIN' IN THE BAND
    TWILIGHT TIME
    THE OTHER ONE
    SHAKY GROUND

My Morning Jacket

THE DARK
    IT BEATS 4 U
    GIDEON
    WORDLESS CHORUS
    PHONE WENT WEST
    CIRCUITAL
    VICTORY DANCE
    ONE BIG HOLIDAY

Wilco

AIRLINE TO HEAVEN
    SHOULDN'T BE ASHAMED
    YOU ARE MY FACE
    ONE SUNDAY MORNING
    ART OF ALMOST
    I'M ALWAYS IN LOVE
    HEAVY METAL DRUMMER
    DAWNED ON ME
    MONDAY
    OUTTASITE (OUTTA MIND)

I agree it was great all around. Loved MMJ and WIlco, i thought Wilco one uped MMJ and i did not think that was possible.

what time did each of them hit the stage?

Also, I know there were rumors about the lineup being switched around each night. I'm guessing that was BS and order is staying the same (Weir, MMJ, Wilco, BD). Can anyone confirm/correct that?
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,577
    Saw the whole show last night from the rail. Really great. Mmj killed it as usual. Wilco threw some unexpected surprises at us (new madrid), bob was bob.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:
    intodeep wrote:

Bob Weir

HELL IN A BUCKET
    PLAYIN' IN THE BAND
    TWILIGHT TIME
    THE OTHER ONE
    SHAKY GROUND

My Morning Jacket

THE DARK
    IT BEATS 4 U
    GIDEON
    WORDLESS CHORUS
    PHONE WENT WEST
    CIRCUITAL
    VICTORY DANCE
    ONE BIG HOLIDAY

Wilco

AIRLINE TO HEAVEN
    SHOULDN'T BE ASHAMED
    YOU ARE MY FACE
    ONE SUNDAY MORNING
    ART OF ALMOST
    I'M ALWAYS IN LOVE
    HEAVY METAL DRUMMER
    DAWNED ON ME
    MONDAY
    OUTTASITE (OUTTA MIND)

what time did each of them hit the stage?

Also, I know there were rumors about the lineup being switched around each night. I'm guessing that was BS and order is staying the same (Weir, MMJ, Wilco, BD). Can anyone confirm/correct that?
    The order has been the same every night
    I'm sorry my memory is a little shady on the times i was um lets just say feeling the spirits....
    Weir 5:30
    MMJ 6:10ish?
    Wilco 7:55 (much less sure about this one)
    dylan- 9:35ish
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    LivingBubbaLivingBubba Posts: 135
    Opener: 5:30-6:10
    MMJ: 6:15-7:30
    Wilco: 7:55-9:10
    Dylan: 9:35-11:00

At least so far. We didn`t stay for Dylan in Atlanta but I assume that to be correct. I see that he just fired his guitar player in the middle of the tour.... interesting dude!
  • Options
    Opener: 5:30-6:10
    MMJ: 6:15-7:30
    Wilco: 7:55-9:10
    Dylan: 9:35-11:00

At least so far. We didn`t stay for Dylan in Atlanta but I assume that to be correct. I see that he just fired his guitar player in the middle of the tour.... interesting dude!
    Damn i was pretty darn close :D
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,890
    edited July 2013
    I was hoping MMJ and Wilco would eventually collaborate on something and looks like last night was the first night, playing Neil's "Cinnamon Girl" during Wilco's set. Hope there's more to come! Looking forward to Irvine. (Wish they would employ a rotating stage so they could play longer sets!)
    Post edited by kasedoug on
  • Options
    kasedoug wrote:
    I was hoping MMJ and Wilco would eventually collaborate on something and looks like last night was the first night, playing Neil's "Cinnamon Girl" during Wilco's set. Hope there's more to come! Looking forward to Irvine.

We will see you there!
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

We will see you there!

:thumbup:
  • Options
    musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,117
    going on at 930 seems late for dylan. I saw him in 2009 and he went on at 7 and was done by 9. I figured the guy was asleep by 930 or something that night.
  • Options
    kasedoug wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

We will see you there!

Pit?
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    kasedoug wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

We will see you there!

Pit?

Loge 5. Not thrilled with my seat but wanted to use one of my $40 LN vouchers to knock the price down, and also get the ticket in hand. It wouldn't allow me to use it on any of the "ticketless" seats (had a great dead center seat about 10 rows up in Orch 2), even though I still would have used a credit card for the balance of the price.
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Just scored tickets to this in CT tomorrow! The fact I got 'em for free makes it even sweeter! I absolutely cannot wait, been dying to see MMJ and Dylan, and this will be my 3rd time seeing Wilco. Pumped!!! :D:D
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    Anyone in DC going to this? I'll be in DC for work and would like to try to make it...is there a good way to get from DC to the pavillion where it will be taking place? I won't have a car.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Better Dan wrote:
    Anyone in DC going to this? I'll be in DC for work and would like to try to make it...is there a good way to get from DC to the pavillion where it will be taking place? I won't have a car.
    I go to school near the area, so I can tell you that the Metro does not reach MPP and it kinda sucks, because without a ride, you're pretty SOL. Normally they have this 'Rock N Bus' thing, but it looks like it's not running for this show. I hope you can find a ride or another way to go that I don't know about (if you do, let me know!)!
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    samjam wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:
    I go to school near the area, so I can tell you that the Metro does not reach MPP and it kinda sucks, because without a ride, you're pretty SOL. Normally they have this 'Rock N Bus' thing, but it looks like it's not running for this show. I hope you can find a ride or another way to go that I don't know about (if you do, let me know!)!

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I haven't been able to find a good way online. Seems like Taxi from the furthest metro stop might be my best bet, but would be expensive and then I'd probably spend the whole show worried about how I would get back. :?

If anyone from DC wants to give me a ride I would REALLY appreciate it. :D Beer would be on me. It would be horrible to be so close to two of my favorite bands (WIlco and MMJ) and have to miss it.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    mmj stole the show
  • Options
    mmj stole the show
    Agreed. Blew my face off.

Posted this in the 'what's the last concert you saw' thread, but figured it has a place here, too:

Ryan Bingham I only caught a couple song's worth, but I enjoyed it. My Morning Jacket hands down were most impressive for me. I've been wanting to see them for a few years now and DAMN they are one hell of a live band. Amazing and full of energy and just top-notch. Wilco are another really impressive live band, and this was the 3rd time I've seen them. Always a great time and solid show with them! Highlight was the Nels Cline "Impossible Germany" solo--unreal! Cool cover of "Waterloo Sunset" by The Kinks, too. Bob Dylan was, well...Dylan. I knew not to expect anything and I think that helped. I knew it was gonna be the 1/2 sung 1/2 mumbled stuff everyone talks about, and it was, but it was an honor to be in that man's presence hearing him sing his songs. To be able to say I've seen Bob Dylan is really really freaking cool. Loved when he brought out Jim James and Jeff Tweedy--only went to check out GA for a couple songs, glad it was during this collaboration. All Along The Watchtower was my highlight.

Really glad I scored tickets for this, was a super fun evening!
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    Don't waste your time staying for Bob Dylan, one of the worst performances I have ever attended. Thank God for MMJ
  • Options
    letsongsprotestletsongsprotest Novi, MI Posts: 548
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    Don't waste your time staying for Bob Dylan, one of the worst performances I have ever attended. Thank God for MMJ

Agreed. MMJ and Wilco are worth the price.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
  • Options
    samjam wrote:
    Better Dan wrote:

yeah, this is why I'm not going. Such a pain in the ass to get to/from MPP. Awful spot for a venue.
  • Options
    Crappy location public transit-wise, but I think they make up for it with the actual venue. I love it there-- great acts, atmosphere, staff, sound, etc. Definitely one of my favorite amphitheaters.
    ~not a dude~
  • Options
    JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 638
    Hopefully, they were practicing this for Hoboken on Friday!!! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_fUP_XP9wLo&feature=player_embedded

One can hope...
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,879
    I would love to be going to the Jones Beach show on Saturday, but this is the one show that MMJ is not playing :x. Jim James has a solo set at the Folk Festival that day.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    JenfarrJenfarr Posts: 638
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    I would love to be going to the Jones Beach show on Saturday, but this is the one show that MMJ is not playing :x. Jim James has a solo set at the Folk Festival that day.

Yeah, Beck is playing instead, right?

I would have probably skipped this tour if I had to travel, but I live in Hoboken and they are playing in Hoboken, so I feel an obligation to go. But still looking forward to it...
    "McCready played on, lending credence to the theory that he was actually built in Stone’s basement from spare truck parts and vinyl records." - Glide Mag. review of MSG 7/8/03
  • Options
    MMJ still going on around 6:00??
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,651
    dylan was great at merriweather. definitely one of his 'on' nights, though from what i've heard, he's be 'on' for most of this tour. wilco stole the show. mmj was solid as usual. just an amazing night of music. hoping they pull that cover of 'the weight' out again on sunday night. not counting on it though.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,879
    Jenfarr wrote:
    SVRDhand13 wrote:

Yeah, Beck is playing instead, right?

I would have probably skipped this tour if I had to travel, but I live in Hoboken and they are playing in Hoboken, so I feel an obligation to go. But still looking forward to it...

Yes Beck is playing. I love some of his albums but did not care for his live show in 2008. I heard that he was bored and just needed a break, so maybe he is better now. I had the chance to get tix to an acoustic set of his at LPR tonight but passed because I am saving for the fall tour.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17