Question about hollow bodies

beakbeak Posts: 148
edited April 2013 in Musicians and Gearheads
I was one of the very fortunate few who got the City and Colour Super Bundle that consists of a Dallas Green signature Jupiter Pro Hollow Body. I'm a good guitar player at best and currently just play a Taylor acoustic.

With this hollow body on the way, I'm wondering if anybody has any personal experience with what they sound like when they aren't plugged in? Most of my guitar playing takes place when it's time to kick back on the couch or when I'm hanging out with a few friends having some drinks. Unfortunately the details on the guitar itself are pretty limited so I figured I'd see if any experts can give me a general/broad idea of what to expect. Thanks!
www.NickBpt.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• well... hollow body electics arent typically played acoustic (at least, as far as i know) and they don't really project that far unplugged ... but, based on this photo the guitar included is not even your typical "jazz guitar" hollow body electic, and does not have the "typical" "f-holes" that you see cut out in the traditional styles.
    had you seen the guitar, or were you thinking you were getting something like the above?
    If I was to smile and I held out my hand
    If I opened it now would you not understand?
  • beakbeak Posts: 148
    Thanks for the reply. In all honesty, I bought it more as the limited collector's item it is and expected to play it plugged in when I do. However, a friend told me as a hollow body, it may have a sound somewhere between an acoustic and an unplugged electric non-hollow. So I was just curious if somebody had more experience.

I don't know anything more about the guitar than what they give on the website. I do know though, that regardless, I'm incredibly stoked to receive the guitar and vinyl!
    www.NickBpt.com
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,739
    I've always loved the various sounds Larry Coryell gets out of his big hollow body electrics. Here's good example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXWVTX-x ... q&index=21
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• beakbeak Posts: 148
    Cool, I don't have speakers here at work so I"ll have to listen later. Thanks for sharing!
    www.NickBpt.com