Options

italian accommodations

decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
edited August 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
so then, our little italian travel entourage has begun booking hotels and such. well, thus far, simply bologna. :p that said, it all appears rather pricey. so a Q for you all staying in italy: where/how did you book your hotels? what sites online did you use? we have been checking venere.com, cheapair.com, expedia.......any luck elsewhere? we'd really like hotels with rooms no more than 100 euros a night, able to hold 4 in a room....and it's not looking likely. anyone have any tips, good luck...something in that range? we will be traveling by car, so gives us a bit more leeway for not being in the center of town, etc.

any/all tips and recommendations appreciated. :)

grazie!
Stay with me...
Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    info needed please. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    WSPAWSPA Posts: 9
    Ciao

Three of us will be staying at the hotel Aurora in Verona, it is a 15 min walk to the Arena from there and it is reasonably priced too. Check out their website, they also speak English so it makes booking by phone/e-mail easier. I stayed there in 2000 when PJ played and everyone was really helpful and nice.

For the Pistoia gig I could only find accommodation in Florence because I'm travelling by train. Pistoia is really tiny and only has a few hotels which were fully booked when I tried but if you have a car it makes it easier, there are a few within driving distance, just do an internet search on hotels in Pistoia. The hotel in Florence I'm staying in is called Benevieni and it is next to the Cathedral. There is a hostel in Fiesole just outside Florence but it might be quite a drive back from Pistoia after the gig.

Buona fortuna ! I hope you find what you need.

Francesca
  • Options
    Got ours booked for the whole tour now so....

Bologna

Verona

Milan

Torino

Pistoia

We've gone for B+B's for Bolgna, Verona and Pistoia, a hostel for Torino (couldn't find anything else around there :( ), and finally a Hotel in Pistoia (booked the same day we got our 10C tickets as I figured spaces would be limited in such a small town)
    Although I know a few of the places we've booked are now fully booked out on the days of the gig's the Hostelworld and Ostellio sites both have alternatives that should be available. Hope these help a few folks :)

(Oh if anyone else is staying at the same places as us, let me know and we'll arrange to meet up if ya want :) )

Also, don't forget there's always the Touring Bus... not sure how much space is available now, but it's worth a shot (and a random plug)
    ...London Doesn't Call Anymore... (rip joe)

Yes, I have been to some Pearl Jam concerts. Several of them.
  • Options
    thanks!

do you have a website for the hotel aurora?

the others too i will look into.

we are staying at the alluro suite hotel in bologna, that's all we have booked thus far. it's available on venere.com, but i got a slightly better rate thru cheapair.com.

i appreciate the info and hope for more...always good to get different opinions/options...also it would be cool to meet up with as many as possible.

in regards to the bus, i looked into a while ago. the italian leg booked up fast, so while not really my thing in the first place, it wasn't possible anyway.
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    I think I already gave you this site, but we booked one from here. itwg.com Can't wait to finally meet you! :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    thanks for all the tips!
    so far, still only bologna booked. seems many of the places in our price range are already booked, or far from the city centres, or just fecking too pricey, etc. grrr. we should have a car, but it's a bit complicated..so i'd rather be a bit more central and 'safe' that way if we do indeed need to cab it anywhere.

pistoia is looking impossible for accommodation. :( yikes, all this planning. if anyone else has ideas, suggestions, do please share!

wolfbear - i can't wait to meet you either! actually, i sooo look forward to meeting as many jammers as possible - what a trip!

:D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...