Ok, have to vent a bit.

2»

Comments

• STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    I don't post on here like i did years ago, but i need to vent, so i guess ill start a thread.

Okay so today is my birthday, and it is a Friday and yet here i am sitting at home listening to music. I started a new job Monday and they were the only people i got a 'happy birthday' from. I got a nice automated text from my car insurance company which im not even with anymore. That is all i got for my birthday, nothing from family or friends. not even sure if im more mad or depressed about this. I remember quite a few people's birthdays and at the least send them a text, but not one person remembers mine. This isnt anything new, every year it is the same. but it sucks every year just the same. i guess i just need new friends, and i guess im too old to get adopted to a new family.

Join Chuck Palanhniuk's fan club. He sends me an email every year on my birthday at exactly 12:01 am.

For the past 6 years now. One year he was the only one that remembered. Or he just pays his assistant very well ;)
  • YLed2YLed2 Posts: 5,534
    A little late I know, but happy birthday my friend!
    Bristow, VA - 5.13.10
    East Troy, WI - 9.3.11
    East Troy, WI - 9.4.11
    Atlanta, GA - 9.22.12
    Las Vegas, NV - 10.31.12 (EV)
    Las Vegas, NV - 11.1.12 (EV)
    Chicago, IL - 7.19.13
    Dallas, TX - 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK - 11.16.13
    Seattle, WA - 12.6.13
    Lincoln, NE - 10.9.14
    Moline, IL - 10.17.14
    St. Paul, MN - 10.19.14
    Milwaukee, WI - 10.20.14
    New York, NY - 5.1.16
    New York, NY - 5.2.16
    Boston, MA - 8.5.16
    Boston, MA - 8.7.16
    Chicago, IL - 8.20.16

• PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    STAYSEA wrote:
    Join Chuck Palanhniuk's fan club. He sends me an email every year on my birthday at exactly 12:01 am.

For the past 6 years now. One year he was the only one that remembered. Or he just pays his assistant very well ;)

Palahnuik is great, i need to read more of his stuff. But this quote of his is awesome.

"We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    newsign.php?line1=happy+birthday&line2=pearljamaholic&Go+Cubs=Go+Cubs
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    newsign.php?line1=Oh...&line2=here%27s+a+cake&line3=for+you+too&Icing=Icing