Options

i leave for italy...in 2 months!

decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
edited August 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
yes, i can't believe it...exactly 2 months from today i'll be on my way to italy...and onwards to 5 pearl jam shows that are SURE to be breath-taking and an amazing time in my life, a memory of a lifetime! :)

just wanted to share my excitement with all my fellow fanatics, and especially those of you who will be joining me on the italian min-tour. :cool: the 'italian leg' thread has grown VERY long, so perhaps too we can share suggestions as to places to stay in each city...and also...plan on meet-ups! if locals and/or those in the know...perhaps we can pick places/times to meet...i'd love to meet as many pj fans in europe as i can.

2 more months! :eek:
woooooooohoooooooooooooo! :D:D:D
Stay with me...
Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    We leave a few days before you, and spend the night in Chicago. That was the only way we could get a flight. Spending a night there on the way back as well. Getting very excited. We haven't got our cell # yet, but I'll be sure and pm you with it. We have to hook up there. I'm meeting another board member at the Gorge who is also going to Pistoia. Can't wait. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    wolfbear wrote:
    We leave a few days before you, and spend the night in Chicago. That was the only way we could get a flight. Spending a night there on the way back as well. Getting very excited. We haven't got our cell # yet, but I'll be sure and pm you with it. We have to hook up there. I'm meeting another board member at the Gorge who is also going to Pistoia. Can't wait. :)

ahhhhhh...well bering in NY, i don't have that issue. although using airmiles, no direct flights to bologna, so stopping off in frankfurt for a couple hours on the way over, and in vienna on the way back...but nothing too terrible...especially for a free plane ticket. :D

that said, YES!!! i am sooooooo looking forward to it all! i really want to get some meet-ups set up if possible, and/or common hotels...b/c a great many of us, such as myself, will not have cellphones to be reached...altho my one friend will, but i certainly don't want to assume i can use it, etc.

no matter what......wooohoooooooo! :D:D:D
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    haha...no one cares and it's all good. :D i am just offically getting sooo excited now...i'd be spending my first night in bolgna right now...makes me soooooo happy thinking about it.

can't wait to meet/see you all there...and pearl jam! :cool:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Heineken HelenHeineken Helen Posts: 18,095
    Ahhhh, ya lucky cow, lol. I'm soooooo jealous of all of yas doing the italian leg :D

You'll have a fabulous time.
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • Options
    redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    yes, i can't believe it...exactly 2 months from today i'll be on my way to italy...and onwards to 5 pearl jam shows that are SURE to be breath-taking and an amazing time in my life, a memory of a lifetime! :)

just wanted to share my excitement with all my fellow fanatics, and especially those of you who will be joining me on the italian min-tour. :cool: the 'italian leg' thread has grown VERY long, so perhaps too we can share suggestions as to places to stay in each city...and also...plan on meet-ups! if locals and/or those in the know...perhaps we can pick places/times to meet...i'd love to meet as many pj fans in europe as i can.

2 more months! :eek:
    woooooooohoooooooooooooo! :D:D:D

Will you be joining the European Touring Bus?
  • Options
    How exciting!

I am thinking about making the trip to Italy but I can only see one or two shows. What do you think is the best spot in Italy to catch a show? My husband told me to go ahead and plan something so any info would be helpful to get me started.

Thanks!
    "you shall be released" ~ EV
  • Options
    SquirrelSquirrel Posts: 337
    wohooo...dreamn in italy!!!! :)
    italians watch out...crazy-sexy-whirlwind straight aheaaaad!!! ;):D

yo dreamn..i'll do my utmost to make it over to italy..to say hi..at least..i suppose i won't be able to see any of the shows there..but i'd see you!!! which counts almost as much!!! wohoooooooo!! *jumpsaround*
    big huggies!!!
  • Options
    holo92holo92 Posts: 182
    How exciting!

I am thinking about making the trip to Italy but I can only see one or two shows. What do you think is the best spot in Italy to catch a show? My husband told me to go ahead and plan something so any info would be helpful to get me started.

Thanks!

By far the best: Arena di Verona
    second choice: Milan, Forum (hear the 2000 bootleg).

You can make them both easily, because they are one after each other (saturday and sunday).
    06/15/92, 08/14/95, 11/03/96, 09/11/98, 06/11/00, 06/23/00, 06/25/00, 06/18/03, 06/21/03, 09/28/04,
    09/02/05, 09/04/05, 09/05/05, 09/16/06, 09/17/06, 09/19/06, 09/22/06, 09/23/06, 06/12/07, 06/18/07,
    06/21/07, 06/23/07, 06/24/08, 06/25/08, 08/15/09, 08/18/09, 06/30/10, 09/03/11, 09/04/11, 07/02/12,
    07/04/12, 07/07/12, 06/16/14, 06/17/14, 06/26/14, 08/05/16, 08/07/16, 07/01/18, 07/03/18, 07/05/18,
    09/02/18, 09/04/18, 06/21/22, 06/28/22, 07/14/22
  • Options
    senninsennin Posts: 2,146
    I wanna go too!
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    holo92 wrote:
    By far the best: Arena di Verona
    second choice: Milan, Forum (hear the 2000 bootleg).

You can make them both easily, because they are one after each other (saturday and sunday).
    except Verona is sold out afaik.

Pistoia should be pretty special, I wish i was going. It's in the town plaza, not in an actual venue, should be really nice (it's also sold out, but at least if tickets pop up they won't be bad ones as the whole thing is GA, unlike Verona)
  • Options
    ctvedheadctvedhead Posts: 58
    I hope that those of you who are lucky enough to have the time off and financial means to travel to Italy don't limit yourselves to the Pearl Jam shows. If I had a week in Italy, the last thing I'd do is spend it watching an american rock band. Don't get me wrong I love Pearl Jam but if I ever get to the homeland PJ takes a back seat.
    if you call me Cupcake again I'll make fun of your knee socks and whistle
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    ctvedhead wrote:
    I hope that those of you who are lucky enough to have the time off and financial means to travel to Italy don't limit yourselves to the Pearl Jam shows. If I had a week in Italy, the last thing I'd do is spend it watching an american rock band. Don't get me wrong I love Pearl Jam but if I ever get to the homeland PJ takes a back seat.
    You can do both you know, it gives a good excuse to go

...and on the other hand, PJ is about the only reason right now I'd set foot in the US.
  • Options
    ctvedhead wrote:

If I am able to plan a trip to Italy, I will definitely explore the area....seeing my favorite band in a beautiful country is icing on the cake!

My biggest challenge looks like scoring tickets to a sold-out venue.... it can be done. :cool:
    "you shall be released" ~ EV
  • Options
    If I am able to plan a trip to Italy, I will definitely explore the area....seeing my favorite band in a beautiful country is icing on the cake!

My biggest challenge looks like scoring tickets to a sold-out venue.... it can be done. :cool:

personally, i'd go for pistoia. it's in a fecking piazza! i'll try to bump up the thread with the 360 view...unreal! it's the last show in italy...i think it'll be beyond special. just my 2 cents. :)

i definitely plan on exploring during my travels, i am arriving 2 days early...plus the days/time between shows...traveling between cities, etc. this is not my first trip to italy, i spent 2-3 weeks in florence years ago on a study trip...so i truly look forward to new cities.

nutty one! :D ever get my e-mail? i'll actually be spending a few hours in the vienna airport for my return home...so worse case scenario, you can buy me an airport coffee and at leat we can meet! :p however, i would LOVe it if you made it over to italy...please, please!!! and yes....get obi too!!!

i am soooo glad everyon'es getting psyched. i had a good run of irving plaza, hartford and east rutherford 2....and nice break to get me all amped up again. besides, this will be sooo great, a different country, all with friends...some i've never even met yet. ;) what a trip!

in regards to the euro bus, we're not doing it. 1. it was booked for the italian leg before we even looked into it. 2. i like a daily shower and yea, my own bathroom. :) hahaha. however, i am actually quite nice and a lot of fun, so i hope i meet you ALL!!!

:cool:

oh crap...just saw the post. pistoia is sold out too? wow. so is that 3 out of 5? i thought verona and milan were both sold out. bologna i have no idea....what about torino? that seems to get talked about the least. hmmm. i bought 10C tix to all, so no idea. keep looking lauren. :)
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    holo92holo92 Posts: 182
    Pegasus wrote:
    except Verona is sold out afaik.

Pistoia should be pretty special, I wish i was going. It's in the town plaza, not in an actual venue, should be really nice (it's also sold out, but at least if tickets pop up they won't be bad ones as the whole thing is GA, unlike Verona)

http://www.winticket.it
    Verona tickets still available!
    Not the best, but who cares!
    06/15/92, 08/14/95, 11/03/96, 09/11/98, 06/11/00, 06/23/00, 06/25/00, 06/18/03, 06/21/03, 09/28/04,
    09/02/05, 09/04/05, 09/05/05, 09/16/06, 09/17/06, 09/19/06, 09/22/06, 09/23/06, 06/12/07, 06/18/07,
    06/21/07, 06/23/07, 06/24/08, 06/25/08, 08/15/09, 08/18/09, 06/30/10, 09/03/11, 09/04/11, 07/02/12,
    07/04/12, 07/07/12, 06/16/14, 06/17/14, 06/26/14, 08/05/16, 08/07/16, 07/01/18, 07/03/18, 07/05/18,
    09/02/18, 09/04/18, 06/21/22, 06/28/22, 07/14/22
  • Options
    44 more days until i leave . . .

47 days until the first show in italy! woo hooooo!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    Thats my dream your doing right now.

Next time they tour Europe I will be posting the same thread :D.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    SquirrelSquirrel Posts: 337

nutty one! :D ever get my e-mail? i'll actually be spending a few hours in the vienna airport for my return home...so worse case scenario, you can buy me an airport coffee and at leat we can meet! :p however, i would LOVe it if you made it over to italy...please, please!!! and yes....get obi too!!!

hey! ya, got ur mail!! am currently tryin to figure out a way to get to italy...would be 3-4 days max tho cause i'm working and can't get off...but i'm trying!!! will send you details as soon as i have them..and yeah..airport coffee would be last chance if everything else fails...:)
  • Options
    madsunmadsun Posts: 114
    if u need any suggestions, just ask :)

i feel lucky being italian.

p.s. if you have the chance, don't miss a trip to Rome
  • Options
    You're going to have such a brilliant time!!! :D

I stayed in a villa in Pistoia a few years ago - it's just lovely. Pearl Jam playing in the square is unbelievable. I'd love to go but already been to Australia and Kiev this year so funds are getting a bit serious - need to sell some paintings!! ;):D

I'm dragging hubby to Leeds festival next week though .. 7 days to Pearl Jam !! :D

Enjoy your Italian tour!!. I know you will :cool:
    ♥ ♪ ♪
  • Options
    Hello there! I've got Tickets To Milan And Pistoia, I'm Going With My Best Friend...Are there any dudes or Lovely Ladies Who'd Like To Party with us after the shows?
  • Options
    Squirrel wrote:
    hey! ya, got ur mail!! am currently tryin to figure out a way to get to italy...would be 3-4 days max tho cause i'm working and can't get off...but i'm trying!!! will send you details as soon as i have them..and yeah..airport coffee would be last chance if everything else fails...:)

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAA!!!

man, that would be brilliant! hope you can swing a day or two.

here's my itinerary:

bologna: september 12 - 15
    alloro suite hotel
    via ferrarese 161

verona: september 15 - 17
    hotel castelvecchio
    corso cavour 46/48

milan: september 17th
    hotel sabatino

turin: september 18 - 19
    hotel nazionale
    piazza CLN 254 via roma

pistoia - septeber 20-21
    hotel still yet to be determined :p

bologna - september 21st
    the sheraton near bologna airport

september 22nd - head back to NY

so bologna would probably be the best bet, two whole days free to explore, and absolutely, that little window of time at the vienna airport could be out fail-safe. too cool to finally meet my fave nut. :D

now all you lovely italians offering assistance - YES! i really, really, really...would like to get set-up meet-ups pre and post show, in every city in italy. i have been discussing such with another italian boardie via PMs, but any suggestions/ideas..would be great. please list the name of the place, the address, and for what city...and is it for an afternoon/preshow meet...or a suggestion for afterparty spot. things close to each venue would be preferred, but whatever works. obviously places that can handle a crowd, and have good drink and food, preferably not too pricey...but whatever. it's YOUR country, so tell us where to go! hope t start up a thread with all the spots so we can find each other and have a BLAST!

btw - go and order your message pit buttons, b/c i absolutely WILL say hello to ANYone i see wearing one! err, maybe i should leave that detail out, don't want to scare anyone. haha. seriously tho, i really want to meet as many of my fellow fans as i can whilst there...so go get em!

i look forward to meeting many, having an amazing time, and 5 nights of live pearl jam! :eek:

bellissimo!

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=211559

and, and, and.........

24 days until i leave for italy!
    27 days until first show!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    in exactly

2 weeks!

i will be in bologna, strolling around the city.....getting primed for 5 pearl jam shows and traveling around northern italy, seeing 5 beautiful cities....meeting up with friends, old and new.........woooooohooooooooooo!

:cool:
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

• Options
    nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    2 months and i am in the bahamas!