Options

Above - The Master at his best.

PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
edited August 2008 in The Porch
This is one of the best records released in the 90's. The Master in all his glory showing versatility that he doesn't always get to show us in PJ. I fucking love this record.

If by some strange chance you have never listened to Mad Season - Above, do it now.
~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    PJ_Lukin wrote:
    This is one of the best records released in the 90's. The Master in all his glory showing versatility that he doesn't always get to show us in PJ. I fucking love this record.

If by some strange chance you have never listened to Mad Season - Above, do it now.
    comPLETELY AGREE!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I Agree as well. His solo on "wake up" blows my mind. :D Wake up makes this record worth having alone. Every track is spectacular. :D
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    mmmmm, November Hotel. Friggin amazing
  • Options
    Excellent - this is on my list of albums to check out.
    nothing's changed but the surrounding bullsh1t
  • Options
    pjamamy wrote:

you won't be dissapointed
  • Options
    I have a love hate with this album......I love Mikeys guitar playing, but I could never get over Laynes voice......almost makes me cringe sometimes......
  • Options
    Haha, even being a huge Pearl Jam fan I had never really heard of Mad Season until I was walking through a circuit city and saw the album turned around so the back was facing me, I immediately was like, is that F'ing Mccready? bought it on the spot and never looked back
    5/24/06 Boston, 6/28/08 & 6/30/08 Mansfield
  • Options
    gusturtlegusturtle Posts: 440
    i've got a playlist setup containing only 'above' and temple of the dog. i set it on shuffle and hit play, and quite often.
    surprisingly, the two albums sound great when intermingled.
  • Options
    I have a love hate with this album......I love Mikeys guitar playing, but I could never get over Laynes voice......almost makes me cringe sometimes......

huh? WHAH? SINNER!!!!!!
  • Options
    idratherbeidratherbe Posts: 367
    pjamamy wrote:

It's not a "check out", really... it's a MUST HAVE. :)

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • Options
    idratherbe wrote:
    It's not a "check out", really... it's a MUST HAVE. :)

Yes, ok! When I say "check out" I mean buy...
  • Options
    jackwvuujackwvuu Posts: 42
    river of deceit is the shit
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    i heard somewhere they have a handful of songs that were written before layne died... not sure if they ever recorded any of them with laynes vocals... but werent they talking about releasing another mad season with mark lanegan on vocals? as a tribute to layne? maybe the time for that has long since past... but mark and mike together :eek: (dying days anyone??)

with jeff doing his solo thing now i think this is a great chance for mike to make some guest appearances somewhere
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,144
    PJ_Lukin wrote:

he doesn't always get to be so 'bluesy' all the time on PJ records. in mad season he exploded. love that record too. best for a fall day.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    shermsherm Seattle, Wa Posts: 708
    Gremmie95 wrote:
    huh? WHAH? SINNER!!!!!!

That seemed crazy to me too
    Detroit 03, Toronto 03, Toledo 04, Kitchener 05, London 05, Cleveland 06, Detroit 06, Cincinnati 06, Chicago 07, Mansfield 08, EV Chicago 08, East Troy 11, Pensacola 12, EV Jax 12, Wrigley 13, Pittsburgh 13, Dallas 13, OKC 13, Detroit 14, Ft Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jax 16, Sea 18 
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131

=00000
    i never heard anyone who doesn't love layne's voice. he was amazing.
    rip

...awesome album by the way
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    Finally picked this up today & started listening on the way home - so I'm not all the way through it yet, but holy hell. These songs absolutely BURN. Artificial Red is an awesome ride - amazing slow, burning rhythm. Can't wait to listen to the rest.
  • Options
    jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,561
    So true!

Its such a great album...love Im Above - such a great riff!
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • Options
    GR8DaneGR8Dane Posts: 957
    Top ten album of all time IMO.
    Everybody made a movie....
    Everybody had a one line.....
    Everybody misses Andy....
    We'll be seeing him in no time.... Oh Yeah.....

We are Red, we are White, we are Danish Dynamite!
  • Options
    billyruffbillyruff Posts: 534
    Mike is the man ... LOVE THIS DISC.he adds so much to all the bands he plays in...