Options

Gaslight Anthem opening act for the PJ tour?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I like Philip Glass as an opener ..... about a 3 minute set :lol:
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    I like Philip Glass as an opener ..... about a 3 minute set :lol:

I hear he is opening for them in Chicago this summer, can't wait :D
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    MANKIND wrote:
    i own two of their albums and listened through them a couple times each. with that being said i just cant get into them. i tried but just not feeling it. now, heartless bastards i would like to see as an opener.

Curious which two albums you have.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,763
    Gaslight as an opener would be unreal.

That would be pretty cool to see my 2 fav bands in one night.
  • Options
    JB128716JB128716 Posts: 2,064
    Fallon is a HUGE Pearl Jam and Ed fan. Zero chance he turns down that opportunity.

Gaslight is getting bigger yes, but the aren't any bigger than Kings Of Leon was when they opened for PJ in 2006 and 2008. Same for My Morning Jacket. They are still playing pretty small places.

There's the Brendan O'Brien connection and the DeLuna appearance also to consider.

I would also love to see Japandroids.

That being said it will be X if you ask me.

The man is a proud 10C member and has admitted their own fan club may have borrowed a thing or two from the 10C. Fallon also said he wants their new album to be their "No Code."

And with all the love on this thread for Japandroids, it looks like I'll have to check them out.
    92 - Orlando
    03 - Tampa
    08 - Tampa
    12 - DeLuna Fest, EV Orlando 1 & 2, EV Ft Lauderdale 1 & 2
    13 - Wrigley!!! ,Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford, OKC, Seattle
    14 - Leeds, Milton Keynes, St Louis
    16 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    jeff2040jeff2040 Des Moines, IA Posts: 1,591
    I would love to see the Gaslight Anthem open for PJ. I saw them at Deluna Fest and they put on a great show!
    Sometimes you find yourself
    Having to put all your faith
    In no faith
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    i agree
    love GA
    saw them at hyde park
    out of the five bands, they were the best
    except of course for pearl jam
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    rearviewrossrearviewross Posts: 3,055
    JB128716 wrote:
    Fallon is a HUGE Pearl Jam and Ed fan. Zero chance he turns down that opportunity.

Gaslight is getting bigger yes, but the aren't any bigger than Kings Of Leon was when they opened for PJ in 2006 and 2008. Same for My Morning Jacket. They are still playing pretty small places.

There's the Brendan O'Brien connection and the DeLuna appearance also to consider.

I would also love to see Japandroids.

That being said it will be X if you ask me.

The man is a proud 10C member and has admitted their own fan club may have borrowed a thing or two from the 10C. Fallon also said he wants their new album to be their "No Code."

And with all the love on this thread for Japandroids, it looks like I'll have to check them out.

I just checked out Japandroids too. I like it a lot except the longer I listen, the singers voice gets pretty repetitive and a little annoying and winy.
    Forced to endure, what I cannot forgive.
  • Options
    TB147TB147 Posts: 28
    Would also love to TGA open, would probably see multiple shows if this would occur.

Gaslight's song "American Slang" is in a way what PJ is. The band that "cut me to ribbons, and taught me to drive". Check it out.
  • Options
    MANKINDMANKIND Posts: 218
    MANKIND wrote:
    i own two of their albums and listened through them a couple times each. with that being said i just cant get into them. i tried but just not feeling it. now, heartless bastards i would like to see as an opener.

Curious which two albums you have.

the 59 sound and american slang
    Va Beach 08-03-00, Pittsburgh 04-28-03, State College 05-03-03, Hershey 07-12-03, Boston 09-29-04, Reading 10-01-04, Philly 10-03-05, Camden 05-27-06, Pittsburgh 06-23-06, Va Beach 06-17-08, Philly 10-30-09, Philly 10-31-09, Bristow 05-13-10