Hannibal on NBC

madtowndavemadtowndave Posts: 4,012
edited May 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Has anyone been watching this show?

I caught the first 2 episodes, and they were pretty entertaining. I'm just interested to see where they'll take it.
Nashville-00
Nashville-03
Chicago-07
E.V. Milwaukee-08
Chicago 1 & 2-09
Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
Wrigley-13
St. Paul-14
Milwaukee-14
Denver-22
St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    Has anyone been watching this show?

I caught the first 2 episodes, and they were pretty entertaining. I'm just interested to see where they'll take it.

I read they plan to do the red dragon story line in season 4 if it makes it that far so I guess the next few seasons we'll just watch Will and his kooky sidekick Hannibal catching a different serial killer each week. :lol:
  • donnaruhldonnaruhl Posts: 2,157
    I find it interesting. This week Hannibal and the girl from the hospital share secret's.Makes me wonder if she did help her Father and that's why he slit her throat,so that she wouldn't spend her life in prison."Just Thinking" And what about those meal's the guy's ate of his. Egg's and Sausage and Loin Chop's...YUK!
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,065
    I just finished the first episode, liked it!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    I'd be curious to see this. I love Hannibals character. But NBC doesnt come in too clear on my rabbit ears.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • STAYSEASTAYSEA Posts: 3,814
    It is awesome!

If you have ever read Thomas Harris.

You understand Will Graham. I'm so delighted they brought that character to the screen.

I recommend reading "The Red Dragon".

They have a long history. :D

This show makes me like my TV again.

It's not a silence of the lambs revamp, I'm grateful.
    donnaruhl wrote:
    I find it interesting. This week Hannibal and the girl from the hospital share secret's.Makes me wonder if she did help her Father and that's why he slit her throat,so that she wouldn't spend her life in prison."Just Thinking" And what about those meal's the guy's ate of his. Egg's and Sausage and Loin Chop's...YUK!

You need to read Hannibal's background. All Harris's books. He revealed every thing about Lector in his last novel. It was truly disturbing, and juicy.

I really like Will Graham the character. This is a great show. :D
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    STAYSEA wrote:
    It is awesome!

It's not a silence of the lambs revamp, I'm grateful.

You are dead on right about saying it's not a revamp.

I gave it a chance with the pilot and was amazed at how good it was! I finished the 2nd episode last night and was pleasantly surprised that it was just as good!

Kudos to the guy playing Hannibal for not doing a Anthony Hopkins imitation.

I'm still watching "The Following" for some unknown reason. I find it's easier to stick with shows with DVR. If I wasn't recording it every week I would have bailed a looong time ago. I watched the latest episode of "The Following" yesterday before "Hannibal" and "Hannibal" blew it out of the water with the acting, writing, visuals, etc. I HATE the killer on "The Following" and not for the reasons I should (because he's a you know, murderer).

I hope "Hannibal" stays this good.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    I'm really enjoying Hannibal. I'm also enjoying The Following though
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Is this cannibalism then :? ... great ...
    a nice tasty treat for the youngsters to grow up on.
    As many of you may know, they are skipping the 4th episode of Hannibal because of sensitivity to the Boston Marathon bombings. They are putting what seems like most of it on youtube (I haven't watched it yet).

Thought some of you might be interested.

https://www.youtube.com/user/nbcHannibal?feature=watch
    rrivers wrote:
    As many of you may know, they are skipping the 4th episode of Hannibal because of sensitivity to the Boston Marathon bombings. They are putting what seems like most of it on youtube (I haven't watched it yet).

Thanks my TV broke and the DVR's in the house have been spaced out. Do you think hulu has it?

I swear some days I feel like I'm living in an aquarium. So disconnected from reality.
    STAYSEA wrote:
    rrivers wrote:

Thanks my TV broke and the DVR's in the house have been spaced out. Do you think hulu has it?

I swear some days I feel like I'm living in an aquarium. So disconnected from reality.

I'm not sure if Hulu has it. They might. I bet the episodes are available online somewhere. Sorry about your DVR!
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,065
    .....still like it. Gillian Anderson on Thursday's episode.
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    Caught up over the weekend. This show is fantastic! It might be my favorite show on TV right now and I LOVE Game of Thrones.