Options

Nice San Diego setlist but...

LearnYourVoiceLearnYourVoice Posts: 12
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
FUCK! Now they're gonna phone it in at my show in LA Sunday night.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jomo297jomo297 Posts: 41
    They were just warming up for L.A. It's all good.
    "The sunshine bores the daylights out of me."---RS
  • Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    And Eddie's not gonna have one bad word to say about San Diego...

He said so.

But just in case, I'll be in LA Sunday night just to make sure :)!
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    jomo297jomo297 Posts: 41
    Wow...I just looked at that setlist. It was pretty sick. Could be tough to beat. Hopefully they'll be up to the challenge.
    "The sunshine bores the daylights out of me."---RS
  • Options
    magikevmagikev Posts: 296
    So here's the deal . . . after going to San Diego and Vegas, the LA shows are gonna be tough to be very impressive. Tough, but this band always pulls through.
  • Options
    This show was Fucking unbelieveable.

Highlights:

-"I'll never suck Satan's dick" *PAUSE* (was just cool)
    -Crown of Thorns - Epic!
    -Alive - holy shit the crowd was ALIVE
    -The whole band playing Last Kiss turned around facing the people behind the stage
    -Kelly Slater strummin with the boys on Rockin in the Free World
    -Ed climbing high up the stage/scaffold
    -The hot chick rockin' out in front of me (Section F, Row 29, probably seat 10)

Glad I was able to go last minute.....
  • Options
    bacchanalbacchanal Posts: 149
    dharma69 wrote:
    And Eddie's not gonna have one bad word to say about San Diego...

He said so.

But just in case, I'll be in LA Sunday night just to make sure :)!

me too!!! damn they have alot to live up to after vegas/SD....round 3 on sunday!!!
  • Options
    heartdesireheartdesire Posts: 430
    No worries ... pj is now in the heart of the tour and you will be surely rockin' to the heavens and beyond. Bring the love! You'll get it in return!!!!

Just remember faithful lyrics ...

~Just be darling and I will be too
    Faithful to you
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • Options
    AdamFrankAdamFrank Posts: 7
    ^ That is so true. Out of all the shows I have been to, that crowd last night was the best. 99% on their feet singing along to every song (even the new ones). That band thrives in conditions like that. Hopefully the 20,000+ of us in L.A. can offer some sort of repeat performance.

Get loud L.A. Get fucking loud!

-Adam
    11/06/95 - San Diego Sports Arena
    11/07/95 - San Diego Sports Arena
    07/10/98 - Viejas Arena
    10/25/00 - San Diego Sports Arena
    06/03/03 - Irvine Meadows
    06/05/03 - San Diego Sports Arena
    07/07/06 - Viejas Arena (Greatest Show Ever)
    07/09/06 - The Forum
    10/09/09 - Viejas Arena
    11/19/13 - Gila River Arena
  • Options
    pj.uw.laurapj.uw.laura Posts: 553
    I guess those of us at SF night 1 will have to prove that we can do better.
  • Options
    FUCK! Now they're gonna phone it in at my show in LA Sunday night.

no kidding... right there with you

anyone know what the deal was in vegas?... ed kept saying the crowd sucked and there were issues
  • Options
    toronado10toronado10 Posts: 239
    we just have to bring the energy to the forum. its going to a rockin two nights in LA.
    Take time to see the sky,
    Find shapes in the clouds.
    Hear the murmur of the wind
    and touch the cool water.
    Walk softly,
    we are intruders,
    tolerated briefly
    In an infinite universe.
  • Options
    Gators76Gators76 Posts: 160
    no kidding... right there with you

anyone know what the deal was in vegas?... ed kept saying the crowd sucked and there were issues
    In my opinion the crowd was fine. Ed sounded bad, and he said he was having problems. He barely hit the bottle.
    Toledo 96, Cleveland 03, Pittsburgh 03, Vegas 06,
    San Diego 06.....Do I want some more? I said FUCK YEAH!!!!
  • Options
    bigbadbillbigbadbill Posts: 1,758
    SD - Section AAA, Row 3, Seat 19
    LV - Floor B, Row C, Seat 5
    I sat at almost the exact same place in relation to the stage on both nights.

My member number is 64***. Do you think I'll get any closer for the LA shows?
    11/6/95, 11/18/97, 7/13/98, 7/14/98, 10/24/00, 10/25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 7/6/06, 7/7/06, 7/9/06, 7/10/06, 7/13/06, 7/15/06, 7/16/06, 7/18/06, 10/21/06, 4/10/08, 4/13/08, 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, 10/9/09
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    The thing about L.A. Fans is... they are L.A. Fans. I mean, the same fans that leave after the 7th Inning stretch at Dodger Stadium... and the same fans that hit their brakes in the parking lot as Kirk Gibson's ball sails over the fence in Right Field... and the same fans that leave their seats along the glass in a double overtime Stanley Cup Finals Game. It's L.A. and I guess there are other places to be... like at home to catch the 11:00 news. I never understood it... especially since everyone in L.A. is from someplace else. Or maybe that's why they are the way they are.
    Still, I'm looking forward to the Forum gigs. I'm guessing that there won't be a crowd like last night's... but, that's okay... I'm not there to see the crowd. And if they all want to leave before the first encore... fine. I makes my job of negotiating my way out of the parking lot, after the last good-bye from the stage, that much easier.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Gators76 wrote:
    In my opinion the crowd was fine. Ed sounded bad, and he said he was having problems. He barely hit the bottle.

From where I was the crowd seemed so so. Lots of people into the "hit" songs, but stuff like Life Wasted & Fortunate Son barely got any response from the crowd...you losers. 90% of the people in front of me on the floor looked like they barely moved at all. No wonder people think they should mix up the ten club seats, I understand now after witnessing it first hand. The first 15 rows was pretty dead for supposed life-long fans.

If Ed was so sick, why does he go freakin smoke cigarettes between songs/solos? You got a scratchy throat? Don't smoke. I think it's that "Vegas sick"...he had it in Phoenix in '03 after staying out all night in Vegas the night before. This time, Vegas got it since the band was there the day before the show.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    that sandiego show will be hard to beat...i had goosebumps from the beginning to end .the energy was so strong.......funny though my brother went to the vegas show and thought eddie's voice was fine though he did say eddie was complaining about his voice ...
    LUKIN