Options

If You want to sing out, SING OUT!!! Cat Stevens???? READ AND RESPOND!

pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
edited April 2008 in The Porch
There are rumors that Ed has covered my favorite Cat Stevens song of all time, listed as "Sing Out" on his setlist. This is my FAVORITE Cat Stevens song, and I need to know if this is in fact the song Ed covered.
The Lyrics to Cat Steven's Song:
Well, if you want to sing out, sing out
And if you want to be free, be free
'Cause there's a million things to be
You know that there are

And if you want to live high, live high
And if you want to live low, live low
'Cause there's a million ways to go
You know that there are

You can do what you want
The opportunity's on
And if you can find a new way
You can do it today
You can make it all true
And you can make it undo
you see ah ah ah
its easy ah ah ah
You only need to know

Well if you want to say yes, say yes
And if you want to say no, say no
'Cause there's a million ways to go
You know that there are

And if you want to be me, be me
And if you want to be you, be you
'Cause there's a million things to do
You know that there are

You can do what you want
The opportunity's on
And if you can find a new way
You can do it today
You can make it all true
And you can make it undo
you see ah ah ah
its easy ah ah ah
You only need to know

Well, if you want to sing out, sing out
And if you want to be free, be free
'Cause there's a million things to be
You know that there are
You know that there are
You know that there are
You know that there are
You know that there are

So, anyone who was at the show, is this the BEAUTIFUL, AMAZING lyrics to the song "Sing Out" ed has been playing? I REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEally hope so!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    anyone?
  • Options
    Gather No MossGather No Moss Omaha Posts: 339
    pjtaper wrote:
    anyone?

yes, he did cover this song.... vc2
    Buy the ticket, Take the ride..

10/20/91 (Omaha), 7/25/92 (Lolla/Denver), 3/7/94 (Denver), 6/20/95 (Red Rocks), 11/14/97 (Oakland), 6/23/98 (Denver), 10/25/00 (SD), 6/05/03 (SD), 10/8/04 (FL), 7/2/06 (Denver), 7/17/08 (VH1-Who Tribute LA), 10/6/09 (LA), 10/7/09 (LA), 9/3/11 & 9/4/11(PJ20), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 10/09/14 (Lincoln)..
  • Options
    Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    Ed must really love the Harold & Maude soundtrack.

Trouble, Don't Be Shy & If you want to sing out, sing out are all from that soundtrack.

Great movie btw, one of my favorites of all time, kinda weird but it's great.
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Great song. I just watched Harold and Maude the other night. Crazy ass movie.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    yosi wrote:
    Great song. I just watched Harold and Maude the other night. Crazy ass movie.

It is really crazy. I rented it for the first time when I worked in a video store in high school then I went and bought the DVD after watching it... It's one of those movies that I take pride in showing to people for the first time... like Repo Man.
  • Options
    HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,316
    I liked Cat Stevens when he was in favor of the directive to kill Salmon Rushdie.
    Fuck Cat Stevens
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    I liked Cat Stevens when he was in favor of the directive to kill Salmon Rushdie.
    Fuck Cat Stevens

This just proves what the media can do to someone if they aren't careful...

"I'm very sad that this seems to be the No. 1 question people want to discuss. I had nothing to do with the issue other than what the media created. I was innocently drawn into the whole controversy. So, after many years, I'm glad at least now that I have been given the opportunity to explain to the public and fans my side of the story in my own words. At a lecture, back in 1989, I was asked a question about blasphemy according to Islamic Law, I simply repeated the legal view according to my limited knowledge of the Scriptural texts, based directly on historical commentaries of the Qur'an. The next day the newspaper headlines read, "Cat Says, Kill Rushdie." I was abhorred, but what could I do? I was a new Muslim. If you ask a Bible student to quote the legal punishment of a person who commits blasphemy in the Bible, he would be dishonest if he didn't mention Leviticus 24:16" - Cat Stevens, Rolling Stone, 2000
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    It is really crazy. I rented it for the first time when I worked in a video store in high school then I went and bought the DVD after watching it... It's one of those movies that I take pride in showing to people for the first time... like Repo Man.

Yup. I just showed it to my house mates the other night. All of them reacted to the movie in the same way "totally fucked up and weird, but a great movie with great acting."
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    People say Ed doesn't sing happy songs but...*this* one is pretty happy if you ask me!! :)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    prismprism Posts: 2,440
    yes, he did. he played it on the banjo...and it was amazing :D
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    angels share laughter
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
  • Options
    jaboodeyjaboodey Rochester, NH Posts: 90
    where are people going to find setlists/fanviews of Eddies tour?
    Rochester NY '94, E Rutherford NJ '98, MSG '98
    Jones Beach 2000, Mansfield 03, Camden 03, Hershey 03
    Boston VFC 04, Halifax 05
    Hartford 06, Boston 06, E Rutherford 06
    Mansfield I & II 08, Philly Spectrum -Halloween 09! Hartford '10
    Eddie -Boston 6/16/11, Worcester 2013, Amsterdam 6/16/14,
    Quebec City '16, Ottowa '16, Fenway Nights 1 & 2 2016
    London 1 2018, Fenway Nights 1 & 2 2018
    Got Id?
  • Options
    mindimindi Posts: 1,858
    I almost died when I saw that he had sung it! Harold & Maude is one of my all time favorite movies and I love that song!

I hope he does it in SC before the show, then I can die happy!
    To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy
  • Options
    SteveoSteveo Posts: 352

..REPO MAN...
    Life has nothing to do with killing time.
    So why be satisfied?
  • Options
    I have never seen Harold and Maude, but I am a HUGE Cat Stevens fan, I grew up listening to him, one of my mom's favorite musicians, and If You Want to Sing Out, Sing Out is my all time favorite song of his... followed by god bless the children of alah in a close second!
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    this is why the ed shows have to be officially release in some format sometime down the road!!! i need to have this cover in my collection! my favorite cat song as well... and i gotta agree with everything thats been said about harold and maude so far... one of my favorites!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    He should do "How can i tell you"

that would rule..
  • Options
    it was on youtube yesterday but got pulled
  • Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,396
    Okum wrote:
    it was on youtube yesterday but got pulled

darn
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    jeaubongjeaubong Posts: 132
    this thread made me play all cat stevens since yesterday and something that i found really surprised me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a48EkBy-SUc&feature=related

beautiful. if i had known about this show last year, i would find my way in.
    "\O/"
    ` | '
    _/ \_
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    jeaubong wrote:
    this thread made me play all cat stevens since yesterday and something that i found really surprised me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a48EkBy-SUc&feature=related

beautiful. if i had known about this show last year, i would find my way in.
    good call on the conversion! based on that crowd theres a big target audience for muslim performers!

makes me wonder... would pearl jam be as big if they were ivory hummus?
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/