RIP Roger Ebert

pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
edited April 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
I liked that guy...hope he gives Siskel hell!
aqo2t.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,780
    I miss igotid88
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,889
    He is the only movie critic whose opinions I actually looked up if I wanted to decide whether or not I wanted to see a movie. I almost always agreed with his final rating (not always on the details). I will really miss his reviews. :(
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,673
    Damn.
    Just heard on the radio yesterday his cancer came back and he was cutting back his work schedule.
    RIP.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Two Thumbs Down
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Poncier wrote:
    Damn.
    Just heard on the radio yesterday his cancer came back and he was cutting back his work schedule.
    RIP.

That's what I saw too!
    Two Thumbs Down
    :lol::lol: I think he would have liked that.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 37,821
    Poncier wrote:
    Damn.
    RIP.
    article in my hometown paper just today atking about a "leave of presense" meaning he would still be around just not working as much.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Poncier wrote:
    Damn.
    RIP.
    Me too.

Watched a piece on him a little while back; what a sunny outlook for someone in his position.

I doubt I'd be as brave as he was.

Fuckin cancer.
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Jeffrey Ross ‏@realjeffreyross 1h

This news is jaw-dropping. RT @YahooNews BREAKING: The Chicago @Suntimes is reporting its film critic Roger Ebert has died
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.

This news is jaw-dropping. RT @YahooNews BREAKING: The Chicago @Suntimes is reporting its film critic Roger Ebert has died
    I dunno...maybe Ebert would've gotten a laugh out of that.

I think it's pretty classless, though.
    hedonist wrote:

I like those kinds of jokes. I hope someone somewhere cares enough to make a joke like that when I die. :lol:
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    hedonist wrote:

I like those kinds of jokes. I hope someone somewhere cares enough to make a joke like that when I die. :lol:
    I like sick humor as well. But within a few hours of someone dying?

For some reason the news left me sad and that joke struck me as harsh...but I know, to each their own!
    hedonist wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    hedonist wrote:

I like sick humor as well. But within a few hours of someone dying?

For some reason the news left me sad and that joke struck me as harsh...but I know, to each their own!
    Those joke lose their effectiveness within 24 hours of death. ;)
    The news left me sad, so I was glad to see the joke and :lol:
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    hedonist wrote:

I like those kinds of jokes.

As do I

I'm a sick bastard :lol:
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,780
    "Never marry someone who doesn't love the movies you love. Sooner or later, that person will not love you." (Roger Ebert)
    I miss igotid88
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Posts: 4,957
    Mr. Ebert was such a good man. I was lucky enough to get to meet/work with him a few times and he couldn't have been nicer. I could listen to that guy talk movies for hours. He was so genuine. My thoughts go out to his wife Chaz who is one of the sweetest ladies I've ever met.

http://vimeo.com/63370079
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Mr. Ebert was such a good man. I was lucky enough to get to meet/work with him a few times and he couldn't have been nicer. I could listen to that guy talk movies for hours. He was so genuine. My thoughts go out to his wife Chaz who is one of the sweetest ladies I've ever met.

http://vimeo.com/63370079
    I saw an interview from him a couple of years ago (or a biography??), and I remember him saying that his wife was what carried him through the cancer and everything else - it was super sweet. So deep condolences to her.
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,665
    Oh man. I was just talking with someone about how if both Chicago Sun-Times' Roger Ebert and Rolling Stones' Peter Travers both like a movie it was a pretty sure thing. I used to say the same with Siskel and Ebert and now both Siskel and Ebert gone. Very sad to hear that.

R.I.P., Roger Ebert.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.