Music in Movies and TV

dustinparduedustinpardue Posts: 1,829
edited April 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
My latest peice on Yahoo I broke down a pretty good list of the best ones I could think of:

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-greatest-mu ... 65687.html

I'm sure I missed some more or didn't think of some of the best. Thanks for reading! Enjoy
"All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    That is a spectacular list!

I also love the Leonard Cohen songs in Natural Born Killers. Kinda creepy feel.
    Also, Chris Cornell Sunshower in Great Expectations...
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    That's Cool!!! One i liked is the use of "Live"'s Overcome at the end of "The Shield" Season 2 after they rip off the money train.

moneytrain9ev.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    That's Cool!!! One i liked is the use of "Live"'s Overcome at the end of "The Shield" Season 2 after they rip off the money train.

moneytrain9ev.jpg

Oh wow I completely forgot about that one! That was perfect.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Posts: 14,823
    Awesome list! Another great use of "Yellow Ledbetter" is at the very end and credits of the movie "Fifty Fifty"
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    Watched The Graduate the other day; surprised the plethora of beautifully-placed music didn't make the list.

Also, the end song from the series finale of Six Feet Under...can't remember the name or artist, but holy fuck was it perfection.

I guess "best" really is subjective.

Anyway, nice job!
  • hedonist wrote:
    Watched The Graduate the other day; surprised the plethora of beautifully-placed music didn't make the list.

Also, the end song from the series finale of Six Feet Under...can't remember the name or artist, but holy fuck was it perfection.

Anyway, nice job!

sia breathe me

And you had never seen the Graduate before? One of my all time favorites.
  • hedonisthedonist Posts: 24,524
    hedonist wrote:

Anyway, nice job!

sia breathe me

And you had never seen the Graduate before? One of my all time favorites.
    Me? Oh no...that was probably my 20th time :P
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Posts: 4,004
    My latest peice on Yahoo I broke down a pretty good list of the best ones I could think of:

http://voices.yahoo.com/the-greatest-mu ... 65687.html

I'm sure I missed some more or didn't think of some of the best. Thanks for reading! Enjoy

Thank you for posting this, it was great :D
  • zagizagi Posts: 414
    great list!
    feeling so depressed today and listening to some of this songs made me shed some tears, but it was just what i needed. i feel better now

thanks for posting
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    That version of "Comfortably Numb" on The Departed is technically Roger Waters featuring Van Morrison & The Band. Not a big deal, but thought I'd throw that out there in case you want your article to be more accurate.
  • PK188114PK188114 Posts: 16
    Cool list.

Here's a couple of ones I like:

Jimi Hendrix - Hey Joe in Forest Gump

Beach Boys - Good Vibrations in Vanilla Sky

Not saying they should have been on your list, just ones that I liked...

Thanks