Options

can pearl jam play a real usa canada tour this year?

pearljamdude420pearljamdude420 Posts: 1,380
edited April 2013 in The Porch
here all the shows i been too, and ican still travel lots but notice how since riot act the shows i really went to decline in numbers just cause they dont tour as many places, it sucks, other bands tour all the time and pj is a live band anyway, they need to tour more

1. 1998-08-20 Molson Centre Montreal, Quebec.

2. 1998-08-22 Molson Park Barrie, Ontario.

3. 2000-08-20 Riverbend Music Center Cincinnati, Ohio.

4. 2000-08-21 Polaris Amphitheatre Columbus, Ohio.

5. 2000-08-27 Saratoga Performing Arts Center Saratoga Springs, New York.

6. 2000-10-04 Molson Centre Montreal, Quebec.

7. 2000-10-05 Air Canada Centre Toronto, Ontario.

8. 2003-04-29 Pepsi Arena Albany, New York.

9. 2003-05-02 HSBC Arena Buffalo, New York.

10. 2003-05-03 Bryce-Jordan Center State College, Pennsylvania.

2003-06-19 Riverbend Music Center Cincinnati, OH CANCELLED FLOODING

11. 2003-06-21 Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin.

12. 2003-06-22 Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Noblesville, Indiana.

13. 2003-06-24 Germain Amphitheatre Columbus, Ohio.

14. 2003-06-28 Molson Amphitheatre Toronto, Ontario.

15. 2003-06-29 Bell Center Montreal, Quebec.

16. 2003-07-02 Tweeter Center Mansfield, Massachusetts.

17. 2003-07-03 Tweeter Center Mansfield, Massachusetts.

18. 2003-07-05 Tweeter Center at the Waterfront Camden, New Jersey.

19. 2003-07-06 Tweeter Center at the Waterfront Camden, New Jersey.

20. 2003-07-14 PNC Bank Arts Center Holmdel, New Jersey.

21. 2005-09-11 Kitchener Memorial Auditorium Kitchener, Ontario.

22. 2005-09-12 John Labatt Centre London, Ontario.

23. 2005-09-13 Copps Coliseum Hamilton, Ontario.

24. 2005-09-15 Bell Center Montreal, Quebec.

25. 2005-09-16 Corel Centre Ottawa, Ontario.

26. 2006-05-09 Air Canada Centre Toronto, Ontario.

27. 2006-05-10 Air Canada Centre Toronto, Ontario.

28. 2006-07-06 MGM Grand Las Vegas, Nevada.

29. 2009-09-30 Gibson Amphitheater Universal City, California.

30. 2009-10-01 Gibson Amphitheater Universal City, California.

31. 2010-05-18 The Prudential Center Newark, NJ.

32. 2010-05-20 Madison Square Garden New York, New York.

33. 2010-05-21 Madison Square Garden New York, New York.

34. 2011-09-07 Bell Centre Montreal, Quebec

35. 2011-09-11 Air Canada Centre Toronto, Ontario

36. 2011-09-12 Air Canada Centre Toronto, Ontario

37. 2011-09-14 Scotiabank Place Ottawa, Ontario

38. 2012-09-02 Philly Art Museum Park Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

like some city i go to alot las vegas, cant believe no show since 2006 :fp: before 06 too i was out on east coast only, but since then on the west coast alot is where i spend time, and there has not been alot of west coast tour dates really since 2006. it really quite stunning vegas no show since 06. i cant get over that. out of all cities too that they could play multi nights with cheap hotel rates vegas is perfect
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    even the canada shows as time goes on they get less look at montreal

98 then 2 years 2000, then 3 years 2003, then 3 years 2006, then 5 years 2011. now what pj wont come back to canada to montreal until 2017 if they keep fading a year every 4 or 5 years?
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    .stay tuned!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    FlyingwFlyingw Brantford Posts: 443
    .stay tuned!

Sounds terrific (and I hope you are correct, sir)!
    Aug 18/93 Toronto, May 9/06 Toronto, Sept 11/11 Toronto, Sept 15/11 Hamilton,
    July 16/13 London, Oct 12/13 Buffalo, Oct 17/14 Detroit,
    April 8/16, Ft. Lauderdale, April 9/16 Miami, May 8/16 Ottawa, May 10/16 Toronto
    May 11/16 Toronto, Aug 20/16 Wrigley, Aug 22/16 Wrigley, TOTD Nov 5/16 Philly
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    .stay tuned!

spill the beans ;)
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    .stay tuned!

spill the beans ;)

+1 :D
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    It was posted when Wrigley was announced Fall Tour dates would be announced later on. Its just a matter of when they get announced. There are rumors of them Playing Voodoo Fest in New Orleans at end of October, and a Dallas show around that time too.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Nami wrote:
    .stay tuned!

spill the beans ;)

+1 :D
    i wait tsis to post the demos first!! ;)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    It was posted when Wrigley was announced Fall Tour dates would be announced later on. Its just a matter of when they get announced. There are rumors of them Playing Voodoo Fest in New Orleans at end of October, and a Dallas show around that time too.

I got you brother, but the "!" after the stay tuned post leads me to believe a plan is starting to come together ;)
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options

I got you brother, but the "!" after the stay tuned post leads me to believe a plan is starting to come together ;)

And a post on the X band site seems to indicate they will be opening some PJ shows in September, so its only a matter of time now :D
  • Options
    Call me weird but I kinda prefer that they play less these days.
    They are all in their 40's and have families and like the Euro Tour of 2012 I would prefer that they did 10-15 shows and were on fire each night playing for 2+ hours than go back to 30/40/50 date tours and get burnt out.

if i was in their position I would do the same.

I'd rather see one/two incredible shows than go to five or six on a tour that are really good but not explosive, if you know what I mean.
    Sealed vinyl is bad vinyl.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2006 Jools Holland, London / Reading festival
    2007 Wmbly London
    2009 SBE London / O2 London
    2012 MEN 1/ MEN 2 / Berlin 1 / Berlin 2 / EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2013 NY 1/ NY 2 / Philly 1 / Philly 2
    2014 AMS 1 / AMS 2 / Leeds / MK
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    They are all in their 40's and have families and like the Euro Tour of 2012 I would prefer that they did 10-15 shows and were on fire each night playing for 2+ hours than go back to 30/40/50 date tours and get burnt out.

I'd rather see one/two incredible shows than go to five or six on a tour that are really good but not explosive, if you know what I mean.

you're weird

with less shows that means less chances to win the f'n lottery
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    A widespread Canadian tour might not happen this year since it did just happen in 2011, but I do think we will see a wider spread than usual tour of the US. And that will probably include a few Canadian dates. Toronto and Vancouver, hopefully Montreal.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    More Vancouver shows please!!!
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    shortstack wrote:

you're weird

If you are talking about Wrigley field then that was a simple demand beat supply.

I wanted to go to 4 shows in Europe, I entered the lottery and got tickets for those gigs. I want to to go to both Ev solo shows, I got tickets for those. When a full tour is announced it will be easier to get tickets as people will pick shows nearer to them rather than than THE ENTIRE WORLD wanting to see one show at Wrigley.

The lottery works, if you don't get tickets then you go general sale.
    It worked in Europe and I don't think there were that many people who wanted to get into a gig who couldn't.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2007 Wmbly London
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    shortstack wrote:

you're weird

If you are talking about Wrigley field then that was a simple demand beat supply.

I wanted to go to 4 shows in Europe, I entered the lottery and got tickets for those gigs. I want to to go to both Ev solo shows, I got tickets for those. When a full tour is announced it will be easier to get tickets as people will pick shows nearer to them rather than than THE ENTIRE WORLD wanting to see one show at Wrigley.

The lottery works, if you don't get tickets then you go general sale.
    It worked in Europe and I don't think there were that many people who wanted to get into a gig who couldn't.

There is a flaw in your reasoning, after the original site for Europe crashed, Tim or Kelly said that the supply and demand in Europe was almost equal. Yes Wrigley is different, same as PJ20 was. But it will not be the case in the US. Especially in the Northeast.

And a full PJ tour is still small as compared to most other groups.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339

yeah, i just wanted london
    When a full tour is announced it will be easier to get tickets as people will pick shows nearer to them rather than than THE ENTIRE WORLD wanting to see one show at Wrigley.

we'll see
    did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options

There is a flaw in your reasoning, after the original site for Europe crashed, Tim or Kelly said that the supply and demand in Europe was almost equal. Yes Wrigley is different, same as PJ20 was. But it will not be the case in the US. Especially in the Northeast.

My comparision is with a Euro tour against a US tour. Past two years there has only been Alpine, a couple of festival gigs/larger gigs and Wrigley and London forthcoming. Once the US tour occurs then we can see how that pans out. But the demand is huge in the US currently as there hasn't be a "full tour" for a while. I think/hope the Autumn dates will calm this down a bit.

if we are talking Crowd surge then that was the worst few days. I live and work in central London and I called them up offering to go to their offices with cash to buy tickets.
    After the stress we went through with that I am thankful for the lottery. You apply and sit back, if you don't "win" then you have to sit in a queue on ticketmaster.

Additionally no matter what 10c do, someone will be upset and will cry about it on the internet.
    1996 Wmbly London
    2007 Wmbly London
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    shortstack wrote:

yeah, i just wanted london

OK just the whole of Canada then ;)
    1996 Wmbly London
    2007 Wmbly London
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options

My comparision is with a Euro tour against a US tour. Past two years there has only been Alpine, a couple of festival gigs/larger gigs and Wrigley and London forthcoming. Once the US tour occurs then we can see how that pans out. But the demand is huge in the US currently as there hasn't be a "full tour" for a while. I think/hope the Autumn dates will calm this down a bit.

if we are talking Crowd surge then that was the worst few days. I live and work in central London and I called them up offering to go to their offices with cash to buy tickets.
    After the stress we went through with that I am thankful for the lottery. You apply and sit back, if you don't "win" then you have to sit in a queue on ticketmaster.

Additionally no matter what 10c do, someone will be upset and will cry about it on the internet.

I followed your comparison and I wanted to point out, even with the crowd surge fiasco, it was noted the supply and demand in Europe was almost equal for 10c tickets, kind of why they were upset the system failed. So even with a "lottery" your chances of scoring tickets was very good. Even when PJ tours the US, demand is still huge in certain areas of the US, regardless of how long they have been off. I think it will be even worse now. And there will still be people traveling to shows from outside of the area where the tour is.
  • Options
    there won't be a full cross canada tour (a la 2005) until PJ40 I'm guessing. Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver. The usual.

I might have to travel this fall. They ain't comin' to the Peg in 2013, I'm damn sure of that!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    slinger256slinger256 Victoria Posts: 371
    "a real usa canada tour"

Last time I saw the two countries on the map they look quite a bit larger than your regional tour request.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,543
    RobbyD462 wrote:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 779
    RobbyD462 wrote:

This! :thumbup:
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Options

I followed your comparison and I wanted to point out, even with the crowd surge fiasco, it was noted the supply and demand in Europe was almost equal for 10c tickets, kind of why they were upset the system failed. So even with a "lottery" your chances of scoring tickets was very good. Even when PJ tours the US, demand is still huge in certain areas of the US, regardless of how long they have been off. I think it will be even worse now. And there will still be people traveling to shows from outside of the area where the tour is.

...and I'll be one of them hopefully going to the East Coast as there is no Euro tour this year. Sorry in advance :oops:
    1996 Wmbly London
    2007 Wmbly London
    2017 EV LDN 1 / EV LDN 2
    2018 LDN 1 / BCN / LDN 2
    2022 LDN 1 / LDN 2
  • Options
    Comatose PilateComatose Pilate Maine Posts: 353
    Hopefully less NYC, Boston, Philadelphia etc... and more random places. States or cities that don't get as many concerts. I always thought the crowds were better in a places where they don't have the over abundance of entertainment. They are just so excited something amazing is happening that people go nuts( in a good way haha). I'm not saying shows at MSG aren't terrific I'm just saying those cities and crowds get to see epic bands all the time and won't typically be as into the show as someone who doesn't have major bands in the backyard every week.
    1996: Augusta
    1998: Montreal, Mansfield I&II
    2000: Mansfield I&II, Montreal
    2003: Las Vegas, Toronto, Montreal, Mansfield I&III
    2005: Montreal, Ottawa, Quebec
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I&II
    2007: Lollapalooza
    2008: Bonnaroo, Camden I&II, Hartford, Mansfield I&II
    2009: Philadelphia III&IV
    2010: Hartford, Boston, New York City II
    2011: Alpine Valley I&II
    2013: Buffalo, Worcester I&II, Hartford, Los Angeles I&II